Has anyone cut up multiple jerseys to create a new one?

mdwsta4

4 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Have you tried to remove a patch from a 2.0 jersey? Some people have already mentioned the crest is glued down pretty good compared to jerseys back in the day. And I know a handful of guys have at least discussed the Blues WC jersey since they're wearing it in regular play now and JB is only getting/selling the WC version and not the one with the 50th ann patch

I've never tried but I was told by multiple sources the patch on the Devils Stadium Series jerseys was easily removed. 

Edited by mfitz804

On 1/11/2017 at 8:00 PM, mfitz804 said:

I've never tried but I was told by multiple sources the patch on the Devils Stadium Series jerseys was easily removed. 

Done it twice. One came off totally clean and one left a little spot of glue I couldn't remove. Can't see it unless you know what to look for so I'd say there was a 100% success rate.

Those WC shoulder patches should come clean without too much issue. I can get some pictures of where the SS patches were if it would help.

Edited by JoeM7392

9 hours ago, JoeM7392 said:

Done it twice. One came off totally clean and one left a little spot of glue I couldn't remove. Can't see it unless you know what to look for so I'd say there was a 100% success rate.

Those WC shoulder patches should come clean without too much issue. I can get some pictures of where the SS patches were if it would help.

Good to know, thank you. Sounds like no one has tried it on anything but a Devils' jersey, but hopefully they're all the same. Might as well give it a go. If it doesn't come off cleanly I'll simply have it sewn back down. 

9 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Good to know, thank you. Sounds like no one has tried it on anything but a Devils' jersey, but hopefully they're all the same. Might as well give it a go. If it doesn't come off cleanly I'll simply have it sewn back down. 

That's why I was so willing to try it, I figured there was no risk. Happy it did work though. I ended up with 3 of those jerseys, and one with the SS patch was more than enough for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2017 at 0:19 AM, JoeM7392 said:

Tried removing the WC patch and I don't know if it's glued on or what. Could not get the edges to budge in the slightest! Looks like I'll have to have the stitching redone and will throw a patch on the other shoulder to balance it out. Ah well. At least I tried

14 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Tried removing the WC patch and I don't know if it's glued on or what. Could not get the edges to budge in the slightest! Looks like I'll have to have the stitching redone and will throw a patch on the other shoulder to balance it out. Ah well. At least I tried

What did you try to get it off? I applied a lot of heat and steam through an old t shirt and grabbed the fabric under the patch and stretched it a little until an edge broke free. Then just pulled the rest off. Might be worth a shot.

16 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

What did you try to get it off? I applied a lot of heat and steam through an old t shirt and grabbed the fabric under the patch and stretched it a little until an edge broke free. Then just pulled the rest off. Might be worth a shot.

Oh. After the stitching was removed I just tried pulling! I'll give it a go and see, thanks

46 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Oh. After the stitching was removed I just tried pulling! I'll give it a go and see, thanks

Oh yeah, the edges are pressed down pretty tight, there's no way to just pull it off. At least on the devils SS patches it was only the edges, the middle of the patches weren't attached in any way. You definitely have to work at it a bit.

• 6 months later...

Oh S H I T HERE COMES THE LONG OUT DATED POST TO BOAST THIS MEMBERS COUNT AS HE HAS ALREADY HAD HISFOR SALE THREAD  DELETED 

• 1 year later...