Best Place to Purchase Loose Player Kits for Vintage Jerseys

I have some jerseys I want to get customized, but I hate waiting 3-4 months to get my jerseys back fro places like EPS and Cutting Edge.  I understand they have a business to do and individual orders are not their top priority, but the wait time drives me nuts.  I can get current jersey kits from Stahls and most of these are close enough for me to be happy with.  However, I like to get vintage style jerseys like 80s & 90s CCMUltraFil/Airknit.  For example - I recently received a 1989 Whalers Air knit Jersey that I want to make into a Francis #10 Jersey.  Are there any companies out there that will just make a kit and ship it loose, but that will be accurate to what the teams wore?  I have access to a heat press and I know how to properly sew them myself.  Just looking for something that is easier and can save some time.

Thanks for any help!

I can't imagine there's a go-to vintage customizer that the board hasn't unearthed yet.  The best jack of all trades places are EPS and Keener, that I'm aware of.  They may sell you loose kits, but they may charge you full service price for them.  Font and material availability are kind of their IP, and you might not be able to expect a price break if you're willing to do the manual labor yourself.

Yea, price has never really been an issue - its just being without your jersey for so long that am looking to avoid.  Price is fine even if I don't get a discount for the loose kits, but knowing that they will be done soon is good enough for me - although Kenner's turn around time is pretty good.  I might just go that route in the future.

7 minutes ago, furiousd said:

So you send out a few jerseys. What's the big deal? Don't you just do this with the rest of them?

joey.jpg

(Just kidding. Whichever one is out for customizing is the only one I want.)

I'm waiting for the next time my wife says I don't need so many jerseys because I can only wear one at a time. 

I'm guessing I can go at least 10. 

• 6 months later...

This probably doesn't belong here but I didn't want to start a new thread.  Have any of you guys who recently got back orders from Keener received pictures of your kits (for your approval) before they were stitched to the jerseys?  For years, Keener used to send me not only pics of the kits, but also Corel diagrams of the kits before they were cut.  I was surprised to receive a shipping notice today and I hadn't received any pics at all.  I wonder if he just decided to stop doing this.

16 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

This probably doesn't belong here but I didn't want to start a new thread.  Have any of you guys who recently got back orders from Keener received pictures of your kits (for your approval) before they were stitched to the jerseys?  For years, Keener used to send me not only pics of the kits, but also Corel diagrams of the kits before they were cut.  I was surprised to receive a shipping notice today and I hadn't received any pics at all.  I wonder if he just decided to stop doing this.

Last order I got from them (April?) didn't have proof pics ahead of time.  They said that was an oversight and I'd get them in the future.  Never got Corel diagrams.  That's kinda cool.

That's funny, the same thing happened to me yesterday. I got an invoice from him out of the blue with no bill of materials or pictures. I just e-mailed him back and asked to see what was done. He happily obliged and needless to say, it was all perfect.

1 hour ago, furiousd said:

Last order I got from them (April?) didn't have proof pics ahead of time.  They said that was an oversight and I'd get them in the future.  Never got Corel diagrams.  That's kinda cool.

1 hour ago, Brilliant! said:

That's funny, the same thing happened to me yesterday. I got an invoice from him out of the blue with no bill of materials or pictures. I just e-mailed him back and asked to see what was done. He happily obliged and needless to say, it was all perfect.

Thanks for the replies, gentlemen.  It looks like this may not have been an oversight then, and it may be necessary to ask for pics beforehand.  My order has already been shipped, so there's nothing that can be done, I guess.  I just hope everything comes out accurately; I'm especially worried about an old Sandow for which I expected to do some back-and-forth editing.  And yes, I did get some Corel diagrams, probably because he knows I'm a picky SOB.  :P