*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

14 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

If the guy who asked for the fundraiser for the Pavelski is a somewhat regular in the groups please PM me his name, I would greatly appreciate it.  

Done! 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Wish I would have seen that as it both would have totally blown my mind yet not surprise me.  On Devils fan FB groups (insert few fans joke here) I see some fans ask for free tickets all the time.  It blows my mind how they can just ask for that without shame.  I really do think it is a Devils thing but it is also seems to be a generational thing.  I rarely see someone over the age of 30 ask for that.

I'm 40, I'd take all the free tickets I could get.

But I'm not gonna ask for them. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm 40, I'd take all the free tickets I could get.

But I'm not gonna ask for them. 

Haha me either.

It's amazing how there is no shame to beg these days.  I'm actually to the point now where I prefer to sit on my comfy couch with decent take-out over schlepping myself over to Newark to watch them humiliate themselves.

12 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Haha me either.

It's amazing how there is no shame to beg these days.  I'm actually to the point now where I prefer to sit on my comfy couch with decent take-out over schlepping myself over to Newark to watch them humiliate themselves.

Only reason I still go (and by go, I'm talking a couple times in a season, sometimes only once) is because my daughter now loves to go. Otherwise, like you said, takeout, the couch, and the TV is fine. 

Also, they are 3-0 in games my daughter has attended. If anyone should be getting free tickets, its her!!

25 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Haha me either.

It's easier to embarrass yourself behind a keyboard than in person. 

31 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Haha me either.

My favourite is when they get people to dance on a jumbotron for some gift voucher, absolutely no shame

15781528_10154753920602435_6372042643060

$400

This is a red #20 Cole Candella Hamilton Bulldogs OHL jersey. The jersey shows very light wear. It has a few stickmarks on the left sleeve, and some staining (sweat?) on the #2 on the back. I'm valuing the jersey at this price as Candella was the only Bulldogs player drafted (Vancouver Canucks, 5th round) in the 2016 draft, the team's inaugural season in the OHL. The team has also re-branded their colour scheme, so Candella's Red & Blue jersey has a decent rarity level.

Comes with LOA signed by Steve Staios.

Ultimately, I'm happy keeping the jersey, just looking to see if there is interest as I am eyeing another piece at a high price point.

1 minute ago, DJ Rhea said:

My favourite is when they get people to dance on a jumbotron for some gift voucher, absolutely no shame

People do that, without compensation, all the time. 

2 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

15781528_10154753920602435_6372042643060

$400

This is a red #20 Cole Candella Hamilton Bulldogs OHL jersey. The jersey shows very light wear. It has a few stickmarks on the left sleeve, and some staining (sweat?) on the #2 on the back. I'm valuing the jersey at this price as Candella was the only Bulldogs player drafted (Vancouver Canucks, 5th round) in the 2016 draft, the team's inaugural season in the OHL. The team has also re-branded their colour scheme, so Candella's Red & Blue jersey has a decent rarity level.

Comes with LOA signed by Steve Staios.

Ultimately, I'm happy keeping the jersey, just looking to see if there is interest as I am eyeing another piece at a high price point.

I find it funny when people decide to throw out whatever leverage in pricing they have when they mention they are looking to raise funds and soon for another piece.  He wants someone to overpay but with what he wrote, that ain't happening anymore.

"I hate Fanatics so much!"

Yet you continue to buy from them lol.

I have seen LOA's for gamers that are done by small memorabilia stores where it reads that they took it to a game worn jersey "expert" who "thinks" it is good.

"Has LOA!"

"Rare jersey worn by player who was playing in the same game as a superstar player who reached a milestone in that game!"

9 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I can't believe how many examples you have. Are you just cutting and pasting at this point? ?

lol I wish I was, but I will admit I am scrolling through those groups a little too much.  I have nightmares about a jersey I really want being posted when I am not looking on there and it gets snatched by someone else.  I travel every 8-10 weeks for work and worry I might miss something in the 3-4 hours I am on the plane in each direction lol.

The good thing is that my focus is Devils and I feel like I rarely see them in those groups.  I tend to see a lot of Islanders, Leafs, Flyers, Kings, Canucks, Flames, Red Wings, Caps, Penguins, Lightning and Rangers jerseys on there.

Well I had no idea when I started this thread that it would turn into a group therapy session, but glad I could help :lol:

I also find it hilarious that no one ever actually linked to the group or posted the name of it. I do have a morbid curiosity now after reading all these stirring accounts of the goings-on....

1 minute ago, Chazberg said:

Well I had no idea when I started this thread that it would turn into a group therapy session, but glad I could help :lol:

I also find it hilarious that no one ever actually linked to the group or posted the name of it. I do have a morbid curiosity now after reading all these stirring accounts of the goings-on....

Game Worn Hockey Jersey Collectors is the big one with over 4K members.  There are a couple of smaller general ones with about 1-2K each but they don't have the same level of activity.  Whatever is posted in one is often posted in the others, so you rarely miss anything if you are in one but not the others.

40 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

"Is Meigray legit?"

We need to start answering "NO!" in hopes that they think WE are the dumb ones and they leave. 

19 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

We need to start answering "NO!" in hopes that they think WE are the dumb ones and they leave. 

lol I would be for that.  The people who ask these are usually newer collectors who have a hard time believing that a dealer whom they never heard of before in a small town in NJ is the official dealer for 8-10 teams and not part of the Steiner/Fanatics sports memorabilia mega-machine.  I often see DHC and JJ Distributing getting the same treatment.

"Meigray ruined the hobby!  I used to be able to get this jersey for half the price 20 years ago and because of them everything is jacked up!"

Well no s*** the prices went up.  Name me any product now that is cheaper than it was 20 years ago.  Do you really think these things would stay those prices forever?

1 minute ago, Dr_Puck said:

My other main issue is the repeated bumping of sales posts. A lot of the complaints in this thread have been around that issue. I've seen hourly bumps to sales posts but the ones that are bumped daily really, really frustrate me. 

Bump. 

Holiday Bump

Game Day Bump

Mail Day Bump

Right before I post on eBay bump

Grail Day Bump

Weekly Bump

Hourly Bump

Re-Focusing bump

5 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Holiday Bump

Game Day Bump