*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

36 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

Can't wait for the GRAIL DAY PREVIEW pics...

First, we'll see the tacking info...

then the box...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing a lot of "make me an offer" sale posts in the groups the last couple of weeks.  Funny thing is most of these groups have in their rules that prices must be posted in all sales ads.

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Seeing a lot of "make me an offer" sale posts in the groups the last couple of weeks.  Funny thing is most of these groups have in their rules that prices must be posted in all sales ads.

Nobody reads the rules.

And Mitchell and Ness jerseys should be banned from the group as well. 

2 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

You know what I wonder about? At some point, I would not be surprised if Facebook started charging a listing fee for sales posts. They already have their "marketplace" option when you list a jersey and given how Facebook works, it makes sense that they would try to monetize this too. The logistics would be a pain for them to start but man ... they have the community to pull it off. 

I would imagine it would be very difficult. Not that I use Facebook or know how it works, but if there is an area where you can post things about jerseys without charge, people will figure out a way to abuse that and avoid paying if there was also a place that charged for sale posts. then Facebook would have to figure out a way to monitor and enforce the rules, which seems like it would be an onerous task. 

The admins of the groups should be able to fine every user who posts a preview mail day, several grail days or an ad for a puck or a replica jersey. Users who clog up the feed with jerseys that nobody buys should be send to federal prison for two weeks. 

Sorry, letting my inner Trump out. 

Edited by amonte78

18 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

The admins of the groups should be able to fine every user who posts a preview mail day, several grail days or an ad for a puck or a replica jersey. Users who clog up the feed with jerseys that nobody buys should be send to federal prison for two weeks. 

Sorry, letting my inner Trump out. 

That's the one that gets abused quite a bit.

52 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Amonte, yes, yes, yes.

Mftiz, I should have done my homework before I spitballed. From a recent Verge article:

"The company does not plan on charging a fee to conduct transactions, which gives it an edge over those competing services. Instead, Facebook gains what it has always been most hungry for: users’ precious eyeballs and more of their time each and every day." 

That makes sense too, especially where Facebook membership has probably decreased with the advent of newer social media products like Snapchat and Instagram. 

I mod the not-game worn group with a few others who post on here. The "not posting a price" drives me insane. However, when I asked if I am allowed to delete posts without prices, the other mods told me not to do so without warning. If you ever see something in those groups, please report it and I'll take care of it. 

Edited by NYIJM29

4 hours ago, NYIJM29 said:

I mod the not-game worn group with a few others who post on here. The "not posting a price" drives me insane. However, when I asked if I am allowed to delete posts without prices, the other mods told me not to do so without warning. If you ever see something in those groups, please report it and I'll take care of it. 

I don't see a reason to not give someone a fair warning, and a few hours to fix the problem, and if they don't fix the problem then you can delete the post. If you just delete the post, they won't know what they did wrong, and they'll just post it again the same way.

20 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

I don't see a reason to not give someone a fair warning, and a few hours to fix the problem, and if they don't fix the problem then you can delete the post. If you just delete the post, they won't know what they did wrong, and they'll just post it again the same way.

It is clearly stated in the rules. People dont respect authority

Edited by NYIJM29

22 minutes ago, NYIJM29 said:

It is clearly stated in the rules. People dont respect authority

People don't read the rules. But if you don't tell them, they'll continue to not read the rules, and keep posting things incorrectly. Thus is the job of a moderator, to enforce the rules while keeping the group fun and not be a jerk about it and make people want to leave (or kick them out).

EDIT: And no, I am not turning my Facebook back on just to moderate the group properly because you have no patience for people lol

Edited by CJ Matthews

7 hours ago, CJ Matthews said:

People don't read the rules. But if you don't tell them, they'll continue to not read the rules, and keep posting things incorrectly. Thus is the job of a moderator, to enforce the rules while keeping the group fun and not be a jerk about it and make people want to leave (or kick them out).

EDIT: And no, I am not turning my Facebook back on just to moderate the group properly because you have no patience for people lol

And if they persist after the warning, then give them the delete-o-bomb. 

10 hours ago, CJ Matthews said:

You know me so well! 

12 minutes ago, furiousd said:

You know, if I had a potential big-money gamer, I'd probably pay to get it authenticated, rather than sell it for far less as a "maybe" gamer. Seems like the upside would be worth it.

Exactly!!! If you aren't 100% sure if it's game worn/issued, don't even attempt to sell it as such. 

• 2 weeks later...

Loads of Preds for sale

Here is what is not for sale: Captains, Skrastins, Timonen, Ryan Ellis, Forsberg and jerseys from 2015-16. I am also partial to tough guys so many of those won't be available but a few will. That still leaves probably 80+ available.

I take it leaves the s*** noone wants

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126224642@N02/sets/

Those mustard jerseys are worth something these days now.  I think those are the ones to get IMO.

50 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

Loads of Preds for sale

Here is what is not for sale: Captains, Skrastins, Timonen, Ryan Ellis, Forsberg and jerseys from 2015-16. I am also partial to tough guys so many of those won't be available but a few will. That still leaves probably 80+ available.

I take it leaves the s*** noone wants

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126224642@N02/sets/

That's called "I'm too lazy to separate out the stuff that's on sale, so I will just confuse the potential buyer". 

51 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That's called "I'm too lazy to separate out the stuff that's on sale, so I will just confuse the potential buyer". 

lol this is why I also keep all my gamers listed on a spreadsheet with all the pertinent info.  Makes it easier for me and the potential buyers when it comes time to sell.

I remember a year back someone was selling his entire collection and there were literally hundreds on his list.  Thank god he had it all on an excel spreadsheet otherwise if it was on flickr or another photo sharing site I would have gone mad clicking through everything.

3 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

lol this is why I also keep all my gamers listed on a spreadsheet with all the pertinent info.  Makes it easier for me and the potential buyers when it comes time to sell.

I remember a year back someone was selling his entire collection and there were literally hundreds on his list.  Thank god he had it all on an excel spreadsheet otherwise if it was on flickr or another photo sharing site I would have gone mad clicking through everything.

if EVERYTHING is for sale, that can be fun, digging through and seeing what you find. 

Its less fun if you have to go back and consult a confusing list to see what is or is not for sale. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

if EVERYTHING is for sale, that can be fun, digging through and seeing what you find. 

Its less fun if you have to go back and consult a confusing list to see what is or is not for sale. 

White jerseys worn by player names that end with either A, G, J, K, M, P, R, S, X, Z that were worn on seasons that ended with an odd number in the month of January in games that took place east of the Mississippi who are neither a captain or alternate captain.