*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

Sorry, I don't have any fight straps. Do you take jock straps? How about strap ons?

Matt, it appears Guam hacked your account...complete with strap on. 

I didn't see the thread posted last week, or the week before that, or even the week before that, so I guess I'll ask everybody...

HOW DO YOU STORE YOUR JERSEYS?!!

4 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

I didn't see the thread posted last week, or the week before that, or even the week before that, so I guess I'll ask everybody...

HOW DO YOU STORE YOUR JERSEYS?!!

Upside down.  No particular reason at all other than it is just plain weird.

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Upside down.  No particular reason at all other than it is just plain weird.

I don't, I wear them all at once, every day. 

Speaking of which, how do you wash a jersey? The inner and outer ones are pretty rank, but the 25-30 in the middle are still new and unworn because they haven't touched anything but other jerseys. 

:)

Edited by mfitz804

Love the Biron post. It has the combo we love I will sell this jersey but please send offers and please don't ask what I want to sell it at. This is my grail figures I'm low on funds!! 

21 minutes ago, Flyers845 said:

Love the Biron post. It has the combo we love I will sell this jersey but please send offers and please don't ask what I want to sell it at. This is my grail figures I'm low on funds!! 

Same seller posted it for sale back in August and it sold.  Not sure what happened for him to still have it.

10 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Same seller posted it for sale back in August and it sold.  Not sure what happened for him to still have it.

Are you 100% sure it's the same guy?

EDIT: I see it is the same seller. 

Edited by thebiggoalie

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Maybe the sale fell through? 

On 3/18/2017 at 10:07 AM, Flyers845 said:

Maybe the sale fell through? 

His post from August made it seem like the deal was completed.  Who knows and frankly don't really care lol.

6 hours ago, cjerina said:

Anyone here in the "Game Used Stick" group? I think that thread tops anything discussed so far.

I saw that too.  Honestly I would take photographic proof that it wasn't used in the game it was claimed to have been used over someone's word that a mystery source told him it was.

also these threads always turn into a winning deals / feedback sort of thread where supporters of both sides waste time trying to argue who is the better collector/person rather than arguing the facts at hand.

10 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

I saw that too.  Honestly I would take photographic proof that it wasn't used in the game it was claimed to have been used over someone's word that a mystery source told him it was.

also these threads always turn into a winning deals / feedback sort of thread where supporters of both sides waste time trying to argue who is the better collector/person rather than arguing the facts at hand.

While I don't entirely disagree, I do disagree that an absence of photos from one source definitively means that it was not used in a specific game. Especially when the person supplying the images could have a vested interest.

That being said, I don't think it put a positive light in anyone involved in that discussion.

53 minutes ago, cjerina said:

While I don't entirely disagree, I do disagree that an absence of photos from one source definitively means that it was not used in a specific game. Especially when the person supplying the images could have a vested interest.

That being said, I don't think it put a positive light in anyone involved in that discussion.

While that is a fair statement, I tend to err on the side of caution.  You can flip this and say that since the seller has never provided photos to show that it was indeed used in the game, he cannot proclaim it to be 100% legit as well.  The other side with the possible vested interest has provided photos (so far only a handful) and none match up to the stick the seller was selling.

Is it possible McDavid used many sticks in that game?  Sure.  Is it possible that McDavid did indeed use the stick in question and none of the dozens of images of him from that game captured the moments he used it?  Absolutely.  However, again there is a responsibility of the seller to provide some proof of authenticity that the stick was used other than saying "I know someone close to the team and he told me it is legit therefore it is."  Is there a responsibility on the buyer to do some research before buying?  Of course.  However, how many times has bad stuff entered the hobby from people who claim the item is real because they "know someone" or other backdoor dealings that turn out to be not legit?

Yeah both sides were getting childish on it.  My point in my earlier post is that instead of two sides arguing over facts, it devolved into a winning deals thread where friends from both sides came circling in to support their friend and issue personal attacks instead of debating or arguing facts.

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

While that is a fair statement, I tend to err on the side of caution.  You can flip this and say that since the seller has never provided photos to show that it was indeed used in the game, he cannot proclaim it to be 100% legit as well.  The other side with the possible vested interest has provided photos (so far only a handful) and none match up to the stick the seller was selling.

Is it possible McDavid used many sticks in that game?  Sure.  Is it possible that McDavid did indeed use the stick in question and none of the dozens of images of him from that game captured the moments he used it?  Absolutely.  However, again there is a responsibility of the seller to provide some proof of authenticity that the stick was used other than saying "I know someone close to the team and he told me it is legit therefore it is."  Is there a responsibility on the buyer to do some research before buying?  Of course.  However, how many times has bad stuff entered the hobby from people who claim the item is real because they "know someone" or other backdoor dealings that turn out to be not legit?

Yeah both sides were getting childish on it.  My point in my earlier post is that instead of two sides arguing over facts, it devolved into a winning deals thread where friends from both sides came circling in to support their friend and issue personal attacks instead of debating or arguing facts.

Regarding the bolded portion, I would add "if he can". He may have zero proof, zero picture matches, and it could still be what he says it is.

That's when the second part comes in. If you buy something game used, and the only proof of it being game used is that a guy says it was, you probably need your head examined. 

Most annoying collector ever.  once again:

"Looking for old school Winnipeg Jets jerseys (CCM), size 48 with a fight strap. 

Thank you"

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Regarding the bolded portion, I would add "if he can". He may have zero proof, zero picture matches, and it could still be what he says it is.

That's when the second part comes in. If you buy something game used, and the only proof of it being game used is that a guy says it was, you probably need your head examined. 

I find that to be the case for 99.9% of goal pucks. Proof that its what it says it is seems rather difficult.

That being said, there's a price for everything and what someone is willing to pay for additional assurance of legitimacy varies person to person.

25 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Most annoying collector ever.  once again:

"Looking for old school Winnipeg Jets jerseys (CCM), size 48 with a fight strap. 

Thank you"

If you 1) want one bad enough to ask frequently, 2) recognize they don't come up often, and 3) recognize they aren't cheap, seems like you either need to pay up or stop looking. 

Just now, furiousd said:

If you 1) want one bad enough to ask frequently, 2) recognize they don't come up often, and 3) recognize they aren't cheap, seems like you either need to pay up or stop looking. 

Someone should just post that they have three of them for sale, $50 each, and then just completely ignore any and all attempts he makes to buy one.