*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, AlereFlammam said:

Notice how he is selling one of his parros gamers?

Notice how nobody cares?

This guy is getting a bad name on bad sellers on face book

ust a warning that Morten Kriek is a difficult and somewhat "shifty" seller. I have known him for years as a friend. However, in a purchase from me last year, he asked me to do something that is illegal (great for a retired judge) in shipping the jersey to him. I refused to do so and the Ukraine charged with some taxes related to the shipping that exceeded what he wanted. I know that we do "friends and family" sales to save on Paypal fees and all of that OK. However, he will basically tell you to commit perjury and fabricate mail, just a felony offense here in the US. As the Ukraine is not a member of the Hague Convention, he looks at no liability whatsoever, civilly or criminally.

Then I'm definitely not dealing with him. I run a Hague Convention check before I enter into any transaction. 

8 minutes ago, cowboys said:

This guy is getting a bad name on bad sellers on face book

ust a warning that Morten Kriek is a difficult and somewhat "shifty" seller. I have known him for years as a friend. However, in a purchase from me last year, he asked me to do something that is illegal (great for a retired judge) in shipping the jersey to him. I refused to do so and the Ukraine charged with some taxes related to the shipping that exceeded what he wanted. I know that we do "friends and family" sales to save on Paypal fees and all of that OK. However, he will basically tell you to commit perjury and fabricate mail, just a felony offense here in the US. As the Ukraine is not a member of the Hague Convention, he looks at no liability whatsoever, civilly or criminally.

I feel like this isn't the first time someone called him out, but he always seems to float to the top like a turd in the cesspool anyway. 

I couldn't help but make a "grail" jab on FB 

well the thread got deleted, so as thebiggoalie said he'll come out unscathed ... feh

Edited by akteon

15 minutes ago, akteon said:

I couldn't help but make a "grail" jab on FB 

well the thread got deleted, so as thebiggoalie said he'll come out unscathed ... feh

Hmm, wonder what the logic for deleting only that thread was

Just now, lhg39 said:

Yeah. Nothing shady going on there...

23 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

Hi other Matt! Long time no see!

Hi other Matt - I still lurk here sometimes. Shame you're not on FB anymore, at least for the Rangers GW group.

Just now, akteon said:

Hi other Matt - I still lurk here sometimes. Shame you're not on FB anymore, at least for the Rangers GW group.

I honestly couldn't stand Facebook anymore, both in general, and also that group. My messenger is still on if you ever want to chat though, so feel free to shoot me a message any time!

Hey Akteon, missed you around here!

12 hours ago, lhg39 said:

The author of that thread/post has had his own issues from what I have seen in the groups over the past couple of years.

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

The author of that thread/post has had his own issues from what I have seen in the groups over the past couple of years.

But two wrongs don't make it right. 

29 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

But two wrongs don't make it right. 

I totally agree.  I was hoping the thread would stay up to see the hilarity from both sides lol.

3 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

I totally agree.  I was hoping the thread would stay up to see the hilarity from both sides lol.

Morten is so bad, he's not even a member of that group!!

Does anyone even look at the massive monthly (sometimes weekly) trade posts?  I feel like it's the same 10-15 people who post and it's all the same garbage I see week after week and month after month

2 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Does anyone even look at the massive monthly (sometimes weekly) trade posts?  I feel like it's the same 10-15 people who post and it's all the same garbage I see week after week and month after month

"I've just started collecting and have two jerseys. How do you guys display your jerseys?"

Just now, thebiggoalie said:

"I've just started collecting and have two jerseys. How do you guys display your jerseys?"

I saw that too.  He gets a pass since he is new.  It's when long-time collectors ask it that I scratch my head.

34 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I saw that too.  He gets a pass since he is new.  It's when long-time collectors ask it that I scratch my head.

I don't get why that question is so upsetting. There could always be a better way than the way you're doing it, maybe a long-time collector is just looking for new ideas. 

Of course if the same guy asks the same question constantly, different situation. 

26 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don't get why that question is so upsetting. There could always be a better way than the way you're doing it, maybe a long-time collector is just looking for new ideas. 

Of course if the same guy asks the same question constantly, different situation. 

It's a question that is posted on a nearly weekly basis.  I think the fact that it's on FB makes it worse as many posters don't know how to use the search feature or don't even know that there is a search feature in the FB groups.  It's the same discussions repeated over and over again and while I like seeing different perspectives and ideas on this particular topic, there are only some many ways you could really display them.

I really do think this would be an issue if the hobby was still largely on message boards as there would just be a thread for it and everyone could easily find and access it.  This board is really the last board I can think of in this hobby that is still fairly active.

I still don't get it, new posts about old questions keep the place moving, which isn't always a bad thing. But I'm not on Facebook so I don't really get most of what you're saying. I could add, you guys complaining about stupid things on Facebook has gotten a little tedious, so I imagine the actually experience of it is even worse. 

Those lame weekly questions could need an update. So

"Do you wear your GW jerseys"

should change into

"Do you wear your grails"