*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

16 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Ouch indeed.  Though a complete set of hat trick pucks are pretty cool I must say.  However, I don't think I would drop $1500 for that unless say Giroux scored them.

This amazes me. the concept that different pucks are worth different amounts of money based upon who shot them and when. At least with jerseys, you know its the guy's jersey. I could take a few slapshots in a rec league with an official puck and then tell you it was Crosby's. How in the world can you avoid fraud if you collect such things?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

This amazes me. the concept that different pucks are worth different amounts of money based upon who shot them and when. At least with jerseys, you know its the guy's jersey. I could take a few slapshots in a rec league with an official puck and then tell you it was Crosby's. How in the world can you avoid fraud if you collect such things?

Meigray has programs with a few teams and when the player scores, one of the official takes the puck and gives it to one of the attendants/off-ice officials who then write the info on a piece of masking tape on the edge of the puck. Meigray then collects them and puts their serial # sticker on and sells them.  Not 100% foolproof so there is a bit of trust in the "Meigray process" and I would trust pucks from them.

Other than that, yeah you got a point.  I have seen examples were collectors were able to photomatch the pucks to the particular goal.  Usually the pucks show wear on the logo on the top and I have seen them take high res photos of the puck going in on that goal and you can clearly see the puck matches the one in the photo.  It's pretty neat.

30 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I have seen examples were collectors were able to photomatch the pucks to the particular goal.  Usually the pucks show wear on the logo on the top and I have seen them take high res photos of the puck going in on that goal and you can clearly see the puck matches the one in the photo.  It's pretty neat.

That's awesome, actually. 

I seem to remember someone posting a photo matched puck on here a while ago. It was pretty cool. 

Pucks are cool I guess.  But I won't be collecting them. I like things I can actually use. I mean, I guess you could play a little pickup hockey with a goal puck, but really? At least with the jerseys you can wear them and utilize them. Plus I feel like they resell better than a puck from a random game. Although, a GWG from my team in a SCF? Well...maybe :) 

1 minute ago, jsh139 said:

I seem to remember someone posting a photo matched puck on here a while ago. It was pretty cool. 

Pucks are cool I guess.  But I won't be collecting them. I like things I can actually use. I mean, I guess you could play a little pickup hockey with a goal puck, but really? At least with the jerseys you can wear them and utilize them. Plus I feel like they resell better than a puck from a random game. Although, a GWG from my team in a SCF? Well...maybe :) 

Depends lol.  There was that guy buying pucks from the Anaheim equipment sale for something like $50 a pop and trying to flip them on FB and ebay for $150+

Edit: Actually I think it was more like $250+ IIRC

Edited by Devilsguy

44 minutes ago, redwingsdownunder said:

Eh, I can't wear a puck. I get the appeal but it's just not for me.

On the flip side, probably easier to store a hundred pucks than a hundred jerseys. 

5 hours ago, jsh139 said:

I asked Stu how much Schenn's hat trick goal pucks would be.  Thinking since I have the jersey, I might want the pucks, too.  $1,500.  Um, ouch.

$1,500 wtf!!

I have a couple of old pucks that I had caught at the Garden during warmu......I mean, pucks that were taken from Gretzky's last game in the NHL. I'll let them go for $500.00 a piece.

Uh-oh, another fight is started about a puck that was promised but not given...now where's my popcorn?!

So someone in Ottawa is funneling the goal pucks to friends and not to people who first request them?

1 hour ago, amonte78 said:

Uh-oh, another fight is started about a puck that was promised but not given...now where's my popcorn?!

Well, it's "the foremost authority in penguins gameworn jerseys", so...

41 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

Facebook posts aren't in any form of chronological order.

I think they sort by last post and/or like.  I looked but I can't find a direct link to it.  Just scroll down and look for Cindy putting the puck between Anderson's legs.

.........aaaaaand it's gone! Wondering if the mods deleted it or grail guy himself.