*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing is.....when Pens practice jerseys went on sale last year via JJ Distributing, I e-mailed them and ordered a Sprong jersey (2 were available). Mr. Grail replied on JJ's FB post (announcing the sale) that he'd take both jerseys.....about half an hour AFTER I sent my e-mail and he got both jerseys. I sent a mail and got a reply that he already called or something like that. Why claim the jerseys if you apparantly already bought them? 

Looks like that idiot who collects Jason Labarbera jerseys is back at it again. 

And the new puck post has also been deleted. Wondering if the next post will be a preview Crosby puck mail day, a Crosby puck grail day or a Crosby puck sale day.

16 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Looks like that idiot who collects Jason Labarbera jerseys is back at it again. 

I was going to comment something smart but i kept it appropriate :) 

The Crosby puck posts were great. Casey vs Morton in a steel cage!! 

3 hours ago, Flyers845 said:

I was going to comment something smart but i kept it appropriate :) 

The Crosby puck posts were great. Casey vs Morton in a steel cage!! 

I'm the foremost authority in gameworn Jason Labarbera jerseys. ?

21 hours ago, amonte78 said:

Funny thing is.....when Pens practice jerseys went on sale last year via JJ Distributing, I e-mailed them and ordered a Sprong jersey (2 were available). Mr. Grail replied on JJ's FB post (announcing the sale) that he'd take both jerseys.....about half an hour AFTER I sent my e-mail and he got both jerseys. I sent a mail and got a reply that he already called or something like that. Why claim the jerseys if you apparantly already bought them? 

He def has an in.  Question is, is that a bad thing?  Should that be taboo?  Seems like basically that's the only way to get the real good stuff and has been like that for decades.

Idk as I am no flyers gamer expert, but those signed "game worn" jerseys look awfully clean to be game worn.

Of course I could be completely wrong.

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

He def has an in.  Question is, is that a bad thing?  Should that be taboo?  Seems like basically that's the only way to get the real good stuff and has been like that for decades.

True, but why offer those jerseys for sale in the first place? It looks like nobody but him had the chance to actually buy those.

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Idk as I am no flyers gamer expert, but those signed "game worn" jerseys look awfully clean to be game worn.

Of course I could be completely wrong.

Yeah, I knew those were replicas as soon as I saw the pics. I called him out on them. The thread is gone now. 

Last night someone posted one of the 98-99 Set 2 Gretzky Rangers knockoff jerseys in the best of the gameworn groups. The poster wanted to know if it was worth the $1100 being asked. I chimed in that it was fake (it had a collar that was never worn by the Rangers) and that one could easily check google to see the style was never worn. Some were saying that it might be a team issued or an authentic.  I strongly disagreed.I then had the poster and another jerk gang up on me, call me a know it all, and threaten to have me removed from the group.

So much for trying to help someone save their money. I subsequently deleted my posts and blocked the 2 nuts. I don't need that stress just for trying to help someone save their money!

47 minutes ago, lhg39 said:

Last night someone posted one of the 98-99 Set 2 Gretzky Rangers knockoff jerseys in the best of the gameworn groups. The poster wanted to know if it was worth the $1100 being asked. I chimed in that it was fake (it had a collar that was never worn by the Rangers) and that one could easily check google to see the style was never worn. Some were saying that it might be a team issued or an authentic.  I strongly disagreed.I then had the poster and another jerk gang up on me, call me a know it all, and threaten to have me removed from the group.

So much for trying to help someone save their money. I subsequently deleted my posts and blocked the 2 nuts. I don't need that stress just for trying to help someone save their money!

You mean this one?

http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.com/1998_1999_Wayne_Gretzky_New_York_Rangers_White_Lib-LOT111279.aspx

58 minutes ago, lhg39 said:

Which group was it in?  I remember seeing it posted last night but didn't look at the comments.  Those Gretzky's are like cancer and I cannot go more than 2 months without seeing another one pop up with the person asking if it is legit or trying to sell it for $10K.

This is why I rarely post in these general groups to begin with.  I post a lot more in the Devils game worn group as I know most of the people there.  The other day I posted in the general game worn group something I have heard from various collectors of the years and got immediately and aggressively attacked by another member.  I don't need to deal with that s***.  Too many feelings get hurt in those groups and god forbid you ever question the opinions of one of the good ol' boys.  Even if they are in the wrong the wagons start circling and their friends come out of the woodwork to turn the thread into a winning deals post about how good that person is and what an a****** the other person is.

Really, nothing much has changed from the GW.net days when you really look into it.

1 minute ago, Devilsguy said:

Which group was it in?  I remember seeing it posted last night but didn't look at the comments.  Those Gretzky's are like cancer and I cannot go more than 2 months without seeing another one pop up with the person asking if it is legit or trying to sell it for $10K.

This is why I rarely post in these general groups to begin with.  I post a lot more in the Devils game worn group as I know most of the people there.  The other day I posted in the general game worn group something I have heard from various collectors of the years and got immediately and aggressively attacked by another member.  I don't need to deal with that s***.  Too many feelings get hurt in those groups and god forbid you ever question the opinions of one of the good ol' boys.  Even if they are in the wrong the wagons start circling and their friends come out of the woodwork to turn the thread into a winning deals post about how good that person is and what an a****** the other person is.

Really, nothing much has changed from the GW.net days when you really look into it.

It was the beer cup group. Generally the best one. I just couldn't believe I was getting attacked for pointing out an obvious fake. One guy was saying it might have been made for Upper Deck. It was just nuts. These weren't any of the regulars posting either. Mind you the group has over 5,000 members, so I can't keep track of who is friends with who.

3 minutes ago, lhg39 said:

It was the beer cup group. Generally the best one. I just couldn't believe I was getting attacked for pointing out an obvious fake. One guy was saying it might have been made for Upper Deck. It was just nuts. These weren't any of the regulars posting either. Mind you the group has over 5,000 members, so I can't keep track of who is friends with who.

Thanks and yeah I cannot find it in there anymore, so I guess either the poster deleted it or it came down.

This is why I am very careful when it comes to helping people out.  It's amazing how many times people go in asking for help only to get pissy when they don't get the news that they were wanting to hear.  Kind of like the time the guy in here was hoping his "rare" green Jofa Flyers practice jersey was worth hundreds or thousands but threw a fit when posters here told him he would be lucky to even get $100.

Honestly if I were a little more motivated I would have posted one of the many threads from GW.net where Barry and others have conclusively said these are not real and were not team issued or made for a card company.  They are just really high-end knockoffs.  Hopefully that would have shut them up.

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

So what's this the third penguins goal puck thread now? WTF. 

I read Facebook for the play by play, but read this thread for the color commentary. 

For about the eighth time this month, the most vague post award goes to...

"Looking for tough guys... I enjoy long walks on the beach, crocheting, and blue eyes."

29 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

For about the eighth time this month, the most vague post award goes to...

"Looking for tough guys... I enjoy long walks on the beach, crocheting, and blue eyes."

Isn't that taken directly from your Craigslist ad?

;)

Round 4 (?) of the Penguins goal puck controversy is brewing lol.