*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

I couldn't justify spending 200 bucks on a puck that'd I'd just use for stick time. 

To be fair, I just dropped over $1K on a jersey I will never wear.  I can understand puck collectors spending $ on pucks.

14 minutes ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

I just can't glorify spending that much on a jersey when they're all the same.

One minor change and you sound just like my wife. 

Just in case y'all haven't figured out what those of us who collect the Wings already know.....Derek is a first rate tool. He is more anti-establishment then collector and he loves to hear himself post. Casey may have his flaws but he's putting him in his place right now. He's also right about the Detroit based axis in the hobby. There are a few bad apples.

Edited by RedWings1992

24 minutes ago, RedWings1992 said:

Just in case y'all haven't figured out what those of us who collect the Wings already know.....Derek is a first rate tool. He is more anti-establishment then collector and he loves to hear himself post. Casey may have his flaws but he's putting him in his place right now. He's also right about the Detroit based axis in the hobby. There are a few bad apples.

Did he say this on the recent radio show?

Honestly, I haven't really noticed any particular slant towards Detroit or its collectors.

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Round 4 (?) of the Penguins goal puck controversy is brewing lol.

Imagine the all out war if Crosby would score the GWG in the game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals :D

7 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Did he say this on the recent radio show?

Honestly, I haven't really noticed any particular slant towards Detroit or its collectors.

Casey said it on the facebook group today as a shot at Derek. I believe casey's opinion is coming from his very real dislike of Derek and how he runs .us. Plus the detroit collector who tried passing off the McDavid stick didnt help. Plus, there's a few established dealers that come from the area and some of the sale shenanigans are well documented among Wings collectors that someone in the know like casey would hear.

13 minutes ago, RedWings1992 said:

Casey said it on the facebook group today as a shot at Derek. I believe casey's opinion is coming from his very real dislike of Derek and how he runs .us. Plus the detroit collector who tried passing off the McDavid stick didnt help. Plus, there's a few established dealers that come from the area and some of the sale shenanigans are well documented among Wings collectors that someone in the know like casey would hear.

Just saw the thread and now see what you are talking about.  If there is any slant towards Red Wings geared content it is because the mods happen to be Red Wings collectors.  If it was any other team the group content would be geared a little more to that team.  Doesn't bother me since I admitted I haven't really noticed it lol.

As for GWA.net, yeah the fees and shipping are annoying, but they are a fact of life.  They aren't going to change as it has been working and they are selling to an audience that largely treats this hobby like an addiction.  There are many over the years who have grandstanded online (this is going back to GW.net days) who said they will never ever bid in one of those auctions again.  Then, once a jersey they really wanted shows up in one of the auctions their previous mentality goes out the window.  For me, personally, I just factor in the buyer's premium into all my bids and be done with it.

After a busy morning, I'm all caught up. 

I still don't care one way or the other. 

3 minutes ago, Committed said:

What is more annoying, the Facebook group or the thread about the Facebook group? 

Facebook group. After all, we just talk about all the annoying crap that goes on over there on here. Most topics posted in here are on things that we all agree on.

On Facebook we have to read through all that annoying crap and if we post a response prepare to be torched.

Edited by Hollywood Cannon

Another overseas collector clogging up the feed instead of combining it all into one. What's better is some of the jerseys he's listed by themselves and in with others in a separate post. The group at this point is just good for entertainment only. The self destruction that collectors do to themselves is amazing!

Another puck thread. The annoying attention-seeking factor of this guy is going through the roof.

22 hours ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

Facebook group. After all, we just talk about all the annoying crap that goes on over there on here. Most topics posted in here are on things that we all agree on.

On Facebook we have to read through all that annoying crap and if we post a response prepare to be torched.

Bingo.  Too many feelings get hurt on there way too quickly.

My favorite lately is some of the more prominent posters on there sneering at me and assuming I am a new collector just because I don't post much in there.  Love the assumptions and inflated egos from some of them.

Round 5 (or is it 6? I'm losing count) of the Penguins goal puck fiasco happening right now. This latest one is getting pretty good.  

22 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Round 5 (or is it 6? I'm losing count) of the Penguins goal puck fiasco happening right now. This latest one is getting pretty good.  

I saw Casey post the same thing twice.  Did the earlier post get deleted?

1 minute ago, Devilsguy said:

I saw Casey post the same thing twice.  Did the earlier post get deleted?

Yup. There were about 50 comments on it. It was good. People calling other people retarded. Casey saying his shoes cost more than someone's house. I should have taken screen shots. 

2 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Yup. There were about 50 comments on it. It was good. People calling other people retarded. Casey saying his shoes cost more than someone's house. I should have taken screen shots. 

Dammit I missed it! haha

Who was he arguing with mainly?

5 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Dammit I missed it! haha

Who was he arguing with mainly?

I think it was Matthew Miller. And someone named Kiara. There were more people too. 

29 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

That was some dumb s*** :D People fighting like crazy over a piece of rubber ;)

I blame most of the Facebook s***-starters who cause problems on broken pieces of rubber. 

52 minutes ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

I've hd enough of the god pucks. 

Dammit! Just when I had the perfect email drafted and ready to go!!!