*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's just me, but man have the FB groups have gotten especially negative lately.  Also I have seen multiple people now posting "getting out of the hobby" sales as well in the last 2-3 weeks.

19 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Maybe it's just me, but man have the FB groups have gotten especially negative lately.  Also I have seen multiple people now posting "getting out of the hobby" sales as well in the last 2-3 weeks.

I like it when the people complain on there about getting out of the hobby, then post a new arrival here. :)

And this week, the "GRAIL" John Scott Blackhawks jersey returns back to the auction block! Yippee!!

7 hours ago, cjerina said:

I like it when the people complain on there about getting out of the hobby, then post a new arrival here. :)

Maybe it was already on the way - (and paid for on 5/16....)

Personally, I posted a leaving the hobby sale but it just didn't feel right. I took a couple of days and thought about my likes and dislikes and it came down to the Facebook groups. I still love my collection and will be keeping 90% of my jerseys but will only add via auction/ebay, at this point (unless someone sends a message). I don't know why I don't like it; it can't all be Derek Whitaker. It's definitely a little annoying being metaphorically herded by someone who has little hockey knowledge and a moderate understanding of the hobby. I'm an introvert by nature and just find a lot of the guys obnoxious.

9 hours ago, jokinen12 said:

Maybe it was already on the way - (and paid for on 5/16....)

Personally, I posted a leaving the hobby sale but it just didn't feel right. I took a couple of days and thought about my likes and dislikes and it came down to the Facebook groups. I still love my collection and will be keeping 90% of my jerseys but will only add via auction/ebay, at this point (unless someone sends a message). I don't know why I don't like it; it can't all be Derek Whitaker. It's definitely a little annoying being metaphorically herded by someone who has little hockey knowledge and a moderate understanding of the hobby. I'm an introvert by nature and just find a lot of the guys obnoxious.

Gotcha. Yeah, don't a bunch of other people tell you what to collect or if you should/shouldnt. I just block the guys who are annoying for one reason or another and makes it WAY more enjoyable (I think Im closing on 100 people blocked on FB specifically from the groups).

1 hour ago, cjerina said:

Gotcha. Yeah, don't a bunch of other people tell you what to collect or if you should/shouldnt. I just block the guys who are annoying for one reason or another and makes it WAY more enjoyable (I think Im closing on 100 people blocked on FB specifically from the groups).

I think I was at 15 or so, but most were admins. You have the annoying ones like Morten and Ryan Allerman. You have the db's like Derek and Stefan Prill. You have the scammers like Mancuso and Ellis. They all add up

2 minutes ago, jokinen12 said:

I think I was at 15 or so, but most were admins. You have the annoying ones like Morten and Ryan Allerman. You have the db's like Derek and Stefan Prill. You have the scammers like Mancuso and Ellis. They all add up

It's like the joy of collecting jerseys all over again!

lol at that point do you even see anything posted in the groups?

I just counted my block list and I have a whopping total of 12 on there.  Out of those 12, only 3 are related to hockey or jersey collecting in some way.  Rest are all for different reasons, mostly scammers (I recently blocked this girl I graduated HS with 15 years ago and she kept messaging me every 2-4 weeks asking for money.  That was going on for 5-6 months last year and this is someone I haven't spoken to since I graduated with her).

This is the only good with everything moving to facebook. You can completely filter out those you do not wish to see or deal with. I am well over 100, close to around 150, but then again i belong to a few large Devils fan boards and those will make you fill up the list pretty fast. Only a handful at best are from jersey collecting itself. Less then that are from the team i collect.

2 hours ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

This is the only good with everything moving to facebook. You can completely filter out those you do not wish to see or deal with. I am well over 100, close to around 150, but then again i belong to a few large Devils fan boards and those will make you fill up the list pretty fast. Only a handful at best are from jersey collecting itself. Less then that are from the team i collect.

Completely agree.  It's great that I don't have to listen to people telling me how and what I should collect as well as hearing negativity from the people who seem to constantly live in it.

12 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Completely agree.  It's great that I don't have to listen to people telling me how and what I should collect as well as hearing negativity from the people who seem to constantly live in it.

Even better when you don't have to listen to people talking out both sides of their mouths.

By the way, if you want to start problems on facebook at least lets unblock each other first.

3 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

Even better when you don't have to listen to people talking out both sides of their mouths.

By the way, if you want to start problems on facebook at least lets unblock each other first.

I unblocked you Mr. and Mrs. Kern, but it looks like you still have me on block.

You have also spent a lot of time the last 2-3 months taking cheap shots at me too on various different forums as well as talking out of both side of your mouth.  For someone who used to call this forum the last 2 years a waste of time and a "bunch of authentic jersey collectors" you certainly and suddenly had a change of heart after I blocked you.

And right before I wrote this, you wrote an entire post in a Devils group calling me out and bashing me.  Most posters are confused, but if posters knew you the way I knew you, then I don't think I will have issues with what people think of me.

But please, just shut up about me already.

28 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I unblocked you Mr. and Mrs. Kern, but it looks like you still have me on block.

You have also spent a lot of time the last 2-3 months taking cheap shots at me too on various different forums as well as talking out of both side of your mouth.  For someone who used to call this forum the last 2 years a waste of time and a "bunch of authentic jersey collectors" you certainly and suddenly had a change of heart after I blocked you.

And right before I wrote this, you wrote an entire post in a Devils group calling me out and bashing me.  Most posters are confused, but if posters knew you the way I knew you, then I don't think I will have issues with what people think of me.

But please, just shut up about me already.

OK, Mr Lipka, will do. You're off block as well, but i honestly prefer you on block and i think it's best we go back in the next 48 hrs. I actually had you off block, but you put me back on about a day later on your own accord. 

I know you've bad mouthed us. Heavily. Don't you think i don't know what you've said and suggested offline. But, you'll never admit that. 

I have never mentioned you by name openly. Referenced you in a way that only a "mole" would catcha nd report? Sure. Especially when you take credit for info that's not yours and when you harp on the same s*** over and over again out of grudge or spite (Creamer). The "mole" you have who is feeding you this, trust me, i'm not surprised. Give him our best will you? In private, however, i gave my complete opinion of you when asked becuase i know that favor was already done by you in regards to us. We will both gladly share that opinion with you in person (and with your wife). 

Neither of us have said that about this forum, Chris. You know that. You've made a cottage industry of talking out both sides of your mouth. Should i remind you of how you said you rarely post on gameworn.us fb group then proceed to do so? Yes, you can look it up right here! The list goes on. either of us will be happy to give you a complete run down in person. 

Oh, i know you. lol.

BTW. I've already gone ahead and did us both a favor and requested us to be moved from each other at the Expo. It was granted. You're welcome. It's going to get a whole lot more awkward and uncomfortable now after this day isn't it?

If anyone needs to shut up, it's you. I've never seen one person take as much borrowed knowledge and information that was provided to you in private or public and parrot it back to make himself look more knowledgeable. 

Edited by OneJerseyMemorabilia

3 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

lol at that point do you even see anything posted in the groups?

I still see Casey's posts :lol:

My flow chart at this point is one of 2 things, "is it possible they may have something I collect" or "do I enjoy their posts". Just block the rest of them... probably also explains why some of my stuff doesn't sell as quickly as I expect, but I'm OK with that.

2 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

OK, Mr Lipka, will do. You're off block as well, but i honestly prefer you on block, but i do enjoy seeing you constantly run your mouth parroting back knowledge you've borrowed or stolen form people a lot more knowledgeable then you to make yourself look smarter. I can't count how many times you've taken credit for information others have supplied you. 

Very rarely have i talked about you by name openly in a group. The "mole" you have who is feeding you this i know who it is. Trust me, i'm not surprised. Give him our best. In private, i gave my complete opinion of you when asked. 

Neither of us have said that about this forum, Chris. You know that. You've made a cottage industry of talking out both sides of your mouth. Should i remind you of how you said you rarely post on gameworn.us fb group then proceed to do so? Yes, you can look it up right here! The list goes on. either of us will be happy to give you a complete run down in person. 

Oh, i know you. lol.

BTW. I've already gone ahead and did us both a favor and requested us to be moved from each other at the Expo. It was granted. You're welcome. It's going to get a whole lot more awkward and uncomfortable now after this day isn't it?

lol let me go through this one at the time so you can understand:

1) Parroting back knowledge we gained from other collectors:  I mean isn't that half of the hobby anyways?  I know this is in reference to Dave Barr i recently sold on the Game worn FB group.  I told the buyer what I knew about it that you told me about it since you used to own it.  Never did I ever say to the buyer that I made this great, amazing discovery on my own.  Quite frankly, he didn't care either way he was just excited about the jersey.  However, when he posted his mail day post about how excited he was, you went out of your way to wirte about "the seller didn't do his own research" and a bunch of other nonsense.  Even the buyer later asked me privately what your issue was.

2) You talk about me quite a bit on various FB groups.  You take every bit of a chance to take shots at me whenever you can.  Just a couple hours ago you were talking about me (yes, not by name but clearly me) which is your MO.  You are the king of passive aggressive posting and you do that with every collector you have an issue with (it's a lot).

3) I don't have a mole, but I do have many people posting stuff to me.  Many people as in more than 6.  Some of them don't even know you guys at all, but see that you take shots at me for no reason so they post it to me as I told them that I can't see your posts.

4) I know that you have indeed told me many times that you don't think much of this forum.  That's a flat out lie on your part.  Why is it after 2 years of lurking and knowing about this board that you magically sign up shortly after I block you?

5) I do rarely post on the GW.us facebook group.  I have posted in a whopping 12 threads since 5/1 out of how many that get posted on there?  A few of those threads are my own sale threads.

The both sides of your mouth speak is hilarious.  This all started because I got a jersey that you wanted and got pissed at me over it.  You knew I wanted something like that jersey but got upset at both me and Meigray for selling it.

I will say I will not miss getting nasty messages over stuff I buy because you or your wife wanted it when I had no clue you guys did.  Apparently I am supposed to be a mind reader as well with you two.  I also do not miss having to clear every purchasing or acquisition I make with your guys first so that your feelings aren't hurt.  Some of the best stuff I have gotten in this collection has been since I blocked you.

Finally, that's fine about he expo.  You are right I was going to request the same thing as well.  Speaking of the expo, I remember saying to me right before I blocked you that you were so upset with Meigray that you were not going to go this year to the expo in protest.  Talk about speaking out of both sides of your mouth!

15 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

OK, Mr Lipka, will do. You're off block as well, but i honestly prefer you on block and i think it's best we go back in the next 48 hrs. I actually had you off block, but you put me back on about a day later on your own accord.

I know you've bad mouthed us. Heavily. Don't you think i don't know what you've said and suggested offline. I have NEVER mentioned you by name openly. The "mole" you have who is feeding you this, trust me, i'm not surprised. Give him our best will you? In private, however, i gave my complete opinion of you when asked becuase i know that favor was already done by you in regards to us. We will both gladly share that opinion with you in person (and with your wife). 

Oh, i know you. lol.

If anyone needs to shut up, it's you. I've never seen one person take as much borrowed knowledge and information that was provided to you in private or public and parrot it back to make himself look more knowledgeable. 

I also see you added this part while I was posting my response.  Again, I have never framed what I know jerseys as my own research.  This particular point is a major complex with you and you have accussed other collectors as well of this.  It's a hobby of sharing information.  I doubt 100% of your information came from your own digging.  If you never want to share any knowledge with me at all I am completely fine with that.

Chris, you enjoy this s*** don't you? I mean as much as you throw at us we're going to throw right back at you. It go on and on and on. There's so much spite, bulls*** and nonsense in the above post of yours i don't even have the time to dissect it all. But, if you feel it makes yourself look like some kind of victim, go right ahead. 

Anything i/we have said about you or your wife, we'd gladly tell you to your face. But, as i said, you'd rather do it online and dump the spite like your doing now and try to discredit us on a board where no one knows us. 

So i'll try not to entertain you too much because i know you fight your battles online.

BTW...you didn't hear me personally say that about the Expo. He can stay home if he wants, but i'll be there front and center because someone like you i wouldn't give satisfaction by staying home. But again, if you want to dump more private discussion topics we all have shared over the last 5 years.....watch out.....you've said a lot too. So watch where you go with that game.

Edited by OneJerseyMemorabilia

7 minutes ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

Settle down guys, take this out with some fashioned locker boxing. This thread is supposed to be fun and for the GRAILS

+1

And unfortunately for every member of the FB group a Sprong jersey is up for sale, so expect that same fricking jersey to pop up in preview/grail posts in a week or so. Which explains why all those former grails need to be sold asap!

7 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

+1

And unfortunately for every member of the FB group a Sprong jersey is up for sale, so expect that same fricking jersey to pop up in preview/grail posts in a week or so. Which explains why all those former grails need to be sold asap!

Every goal puck from this season is for sale too.