*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

22 minutes ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

I suppose a Barbs Flyers could be a cure

I have two, and they'll be the first I use to put out a fire in my kitchen. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

The 40 minutes I spent trying to figure out that post gave me cancer

haha all you need to know is that no money was exchanged and the guy wasn't out of money, he was just pissed the guy is (probably) lying that the jersey got stolen before the deal could happen and that he is getting his lawyers involved.

6 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

haha all you need to know is that no money was exchanged and the guy wasn't out of money, he was just pissed the guy is (probably) lying that the jersey got stolen before the deal could happen and that he is getting his lawyers involved.

I'm getting sick and tired of people using the "bad trader group" just to b**** about not getting their way, or even for eBay matters. That's not what it is intended for. eBay is where you b**** when an eBay transaction doesn't go your way. 

3 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

I'm getting sick and tired of people using the "bad trader group" just to b**** about not getting their way, or even for eBay matters. That's not what it is intended for. eBay is where you b**** when an eBay transaction doesn't go your way. 

I have the post up in the group regarding the McCann jersey. Made a best offer and it was accepted then 10 minutes later he pulled it because "he didn't know how it was accepted"

37 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

It was/is bound to be that way no matter what.  A lot of people can't separate out bad trader/seller to just deals that just went bad.

55 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I'm a lawyer. If a client came to me looking to sue someone for not selling them a jersey, I would laugh my Arse off and then ask them to leave. 

16 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm a lawyer. If a client came to me looking to sue someone for not selling them a jersey, I would laugh my Arse off and then ask them to leave. 

According to him, ME law (where the seller is apparently) states that since he (the buyer) won the auction that places him in a legally binding contract/agreement that the seller cannot break unless he agrees to it.  The buyer is not letting it go that the seller had the item supposedly stolen and wants the seller to come up with the jersey that he purchased.

27 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I'm waiting for the inevitable "Eclipse Sale" posts :rolleyes:

I joked with someone that I am going to do that and be as vague as possible.

44 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

According to him, ME law (where the seller is apparently) states that since he (the buyer) won the auction that places him in a legally binding contract/agreement that the seller cannot break unless he agrees to it.  The buyer is not letting it go that the seller had the item supposedly stolen and wants the seller to come up with the jersey that he purchased.

1) An auction can be a contract. Good luck enforcing it. Unless the jersey was worth thousands and thousands of dollars, you'll spend more just consulting a lawyer than the jersey is worth. 

2) Impossibility of performance is a defense to a breach of contract case. This includes an item being stolen. Question becomes, can the seller prove it (i.e. was a police report filed). 

What was the sale price of the jersey in question? 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

1) An auction can be a contract. Good luck enforcing it. Unless the jersey was worth thousands and thousands of dollars, you'll spend more just consulting a lawyer than the jersey is worth. 

2) Impossibility of performance is a defense to a breach of contract case. This includes an item being stolen. Question becomes, can the seller prove it (i.e. was a police report filed). 

I engaged him hoping he'd be like "are you a lawyer" just so I could be like "I cannot wait for this to be in law school casebooks."

41 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Auction ended at a little over $10K

2 hours ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

I have the post up in the group regarding the McCann jersey. Made a best offer and it was accepted then 10 minutes later he pulled it because "he didn't know how it was accepted"

But you're sexy, so it's okay. ?

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Auction ended at a little over $10K

I can't see that being worth having a lawyer get involved. 

1 hour ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

12-13 year old me is very, very happy right now.

That is SO sexy, I need to get me one of those. 

Of course I mean the jersey. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I can't see that being worth having a lawyer get involved.

Oh I agree.  Everyone told him that it's best for him to just let it go.  He didn't want to hear that so here we are lol.

11 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Oh I agree.  Everyone told him that it's best for him to just let it go.  He didn't want to hear that so here we are lol.

Some lawyer will take it and charge him $300 an hour if he wants. I'm not one of those lawyers, I only take cases where I think I can win. 

Last thing on earth I want is to have to explain to a client why they lost after I charged them a whole bunch of money!

32 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Is this about the supposed Eddie Shore jersey that @spudrock512 posted about?

I believe that is the jersey.

If that is the jersey, maybe he should count his blessings. Just for fun, I tried to find any picture of the Bruins wearing this style jersey, and I couldn't find one.  The jerseys with the numbers on the front and back should have the 'B' on the sleeves. Plus, the fonts on the front and back are different. Looking at past classic auctions, unless this jersey had great provenance (which it doesn't), the amount that he paid is way too much.  Classic had a Bill Cowley 40's Bruins jersey that sold for just over $7000 and that jersey came directly from his family.  That was back in 2004, but still. 

"I refuse to list any prices of my jerseys for sale, but I won't respond to lowball offers."

Does anyone else get frustrated over these posts?