*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

4 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Relevant:

Your mom is like a hockey player, she only showers after three periods!

Or in the alternative, she doesn’t change her pads for 3 periods. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Or in the alternative, she doesn’t change her pads for 3 periods. 

Yup, that's the other one we used growing up ;)  haha

2 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

I want to tell him his mother was "game worn" on prom night, not "game issued". 

:D

18 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Yeah I don't know what his problem is.  He posted the same "false advertising" post 3 times in the comments section of the auction and then one more again in the game worn FB group.

Also he wants to compare his collection of Meigray Groop jerseys

7 minutes ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

Also he wants to compare his collection of Meigray Groop jerseys

lol I found that part funny.  I may be wrong, but there is no way that guy has much if any of a collection when he has trouble understanding what game issued means.

25 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

lol I found that part funny.  I may be wrong, but there is no way that guy has much if any of a collection when he has trouble understanding what game issued means.

Hey, I'd be impressed when I see his 75 Penguins jerseys and he said he only spent 30 on each. What a steal

He's not even in the Penguins collectors group on facebook

29 minutes ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

Hey, I'd be impressed when I see his 75 Penguins jerseys and he said he only spent 30 on each. What a steal

He's not even in the Penguins collectors group on facebook

Yeah I didn't see him in the Penguins group and it looks like he only recently joined the game worn group.

4 minutes ago, cjerina said:

I had someone get really worked up about selling a Game Issued Admirals jersey. They kept warning everyone that said player was never on the Admirals. All I could respond was "yes, exactly why it was game-issued", to which they countered "but he wasn't even on the team!". Sigh.

Unless he was never on the roster, that guy’s a tool. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I like this board, where it's pretty much unanimous that Indo Zeros suck.  If that makes me elitist, so be it. 

I liked his post. Thought he said it well. 

56 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I like this board, where it's pretty much unanimous that Indo Zeros suck.  If that makes me elitist, so be it. 

And, I might add, they sucked before any of us even saw them just because they aren't "on ice". 

Just saw the post and while I can understand his frustration, he is just pissing in the wind at this point.  Jerseys are niche and the Coke comparison is a bit off in that regard.

Someone said it best that Joe Blow doesn't care; they want it cheap and as cheap as it can get.  As long as it somewhat looks like what the players wear on the ice and they get it for 1/4 the price, they are perfectly fine with it.

7 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I am just surprised that this thread went 11 long days without an update. 

It's been slow.  I think a lot of it is due to the soft market where instead of seemingly seeing the same jerseys over and over again, we literally are seeing the same jerseys over and over again.

Plus it's a little bit of the calm before the storm with Classic going and GWA about to start.  That will bring up the old "how dare they charge 20% buyer's premium" arguments over something these auction houses have been doing for many years.

Its been very slow, i think a lot of people are waiting for the new Adidas jerseys, both non-gamer and gamer collectors alike. 

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Just saw the post and while I can understand his frustration, he is just pissing in the wind at this point.  Jerseys are niche and the Coke comparison is a bit off in that regard.

Someone said it best that Joe Blow doesn't care; they want it cheap and as cheap as it can get.  As long as it somewhat looks like what the players wear on the ice and they get it for 1/4 the price, they are perfectly fine with it.

Hey that was me!  

I feel warm and tingly inside now. 

7 hours ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

Anyone in the Sarnia area want to pay @Goldenboyfu a visit for me, been dicking me for a week on ebay payment.

Shouldn't "visit" be in quotes?