*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still trying to figure out what Morten had to do with that issue.

Plus I don't know about anyone else, but unless noted otherwise I always assume prices are in USD.

Is that post even still up? I saw it last night but didn't see any update to it this morning.

Now I know why people have written before in the FB groups that selling to the player or family of the player is a pain in the @ss.

53 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Now I know why people have written before in the FB groups that selling to the player or family of the player is a pain in the @ss.

I wouldn’t mind hearing that story..,

4 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

"I really need a jersey of player X"

aka (after six months or so)

"I really need to sell my jersey of player X"

I like it when I see the word "need" in these want ads or postings.  These things are jerseys and every single jersey is a luxury lol.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I wouldn’t mind hearing that story..,

I will PM it to you.

41 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

"I really need a jersey of player X"

aka (after six months or so)

"I really need to sell my jersey of player X"

6 months is good, I have changed my mind before a jersey comes back from EPS!!

3 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

I like it when I see the word "need" in these want ads or postings.  These things are jerseys and every single jersey is a luxury lol.

Sure. In the same way that oxygen is a luxury.

18 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

15 hours ago, SoNowWhat? said:

Sure. In the same way that oxygen is a luxury.

Yeah seriously dude. A luxury? What are we supposed to wear, regular shirts?

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah seriously dude. A luxury? What are we supposed to wear, regular shirts?

Haha yes.  Similar to what we do in the summer where it is too hot to wear a jersey (which also goes flying out he window at the Meigray expo where I see people walking around in jerseys on a 90+ degree day in a stuffy room where the AC can't keep up).

Guest Dr_Puck
1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Haha yes.  Similar to what we do in the summer where it is too hot to wear a jersey (which also goes flying out he window at the Meigray expo where I see people walking around in jerseys on a 90+ degree day in a stuffy room where the AC can't keep up).

The best cure for craptastically hot summer days? Sublimated jerseys all day long. The material tends to be lighter and whoa baby, those no-weight crests are perfect. 

I am happy to officially announce I have left the majority of the facebook groups. Boy does it feel good. I'm only in the Hershey Bears group where I am a moderator and the AHL page and the Minor jerseys page. It's nice. I couldn't deal with the stupidity of the people in the larger groups anymore. Now I am back to browsing my FB and seeing how many people I went to high school with have kids and no baby daddies. Nice. 

2 hours ago, flyhighguys94 said:

I am happy to officially announce I have left the majority of the facebook groups. Boy does it feel good. I'm only in the Hershey Bears group where I am a moderator and the AHL page and the Minor jerseys page. It's nice. I couldn't deal with the stupidity of the people in the larger groups anymore. Now I am back to browsing my FB and seeing how many people I went to high school with have kids and no baby daddies. Nice. 

Well, you know they are down for a good time so that makes sense...

On 14-11-2017 at 5:27 PM, flyhighguys94 said:

I am happy to officially announce I have left the majority of the facebook groups.

Excellent move.

Btw, do you have any Bracken Kaerns jerseys? 

;)

1 minute ago, amonte78 said:

Excellent move.

Btw, do you have any Bracken Kaerns jerseys? 

;)

That jerk joined the Admirals group, then posted that same request twice in 2 days. Meanwhile, no one had even bumped his previous post from the top. I politely asked him to give other people a chance to post their items rather than flooding the group.

Instead he decided to block me, then spam EVERY group with a Chara stick FS post. Needless to say, he won't be looking for any Kearns jerseys in the Admirals group.

6 minutes ago, cjerina said:

Needless to say, he won't be looking for any Kearns jerseys in the Admirals group.

Could you please also be a moderator for the bigger groups as well? 

I actually tried to trade a jersey with him not too long ago. He posted that Ovi GI (that still hasn't been sold/traded as far as I know) and was looking for you-know-who OR John Scott jerseys in return. Offered him my Scott Sharks GI, but he declined and I didnt't bother to read his explanation.

51 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

Could you please also be a moderator for the bigger groups as well? 

I actually tried to trade a jersey with him not too long ago. He posted that Ovi GI (that still hasn't been sold/traded as far as I know) and was looking for you-know-who OR John Scott jerseys in return. Offered him my Scott Sharks GI, but he declined and I didnt't bother to read his explanation.

I don't get the appeal of GI's as well as the price that some command.  I think he had it at one point $1K for a GI Ovi and latest I saw it was $750.

I just see them as just correctly customized authentics with an LOA and nothing really more.

Right on cue there is a thread bashing GWA because they do not take CC, which is what they have been doing forever.  Stay tuned for the bi-annual thread bashing them over their buyer's premiums soon after the auction closes.

40 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Right on cue there is a thread bashing GWA because they do not take CC, which is what they have been doing forever.  Stay tuned for the bi-annual thread bashing them over their buyer's premiums soon after the auction closes.

How dare they not let people spend money they don't actually have on jerseys!!