*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

24 minutes ago, lhg39 said:

well, they do suck and many people dislike them,

I don't mind people not liking them and I get it.  It is just a topic that has been beaten to death over and over again.

If people hate them and their rules, just don't bid.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

How dare they not let people spend money they don't actually have on jerseys!!

That's why I actually like the no CC rule.  The winning bidder shouldn't be the one with the highest credit limit, but rather the one who has the money on-hand to afford it.

Plus these days banks make it easy for them to issue bank checks and send it to whomever you want.  I did that the past couple of auctions and it took me about 2 minutes each time to do.

13 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

That's why I actually like the no CC rule.  The winning bidder shouldn't be the one with the highest credit limit, but rather the one who has the money on-hand to afford it.

Plus these days banks make it easy for them to issue bank checks and send it to whomever you want.  I did that the past couple of auctions and it took me about 2 minutes each time to do.

I did the same thing.  Used my online bill payer to send the guy a check.  Took 2 minutes.  Easy-peasy.

30 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

14 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I did the same thing.  Used my online bill payer to send the guy a check.  Took 2 minutes.  Easy-peasy.

How un-American. 

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

How un-American. 

More like laziness.  No way I'm driving to the Post Office with cash to get a money order or to my bank to have them manually draft a check.  Then snail mail that check/money order like a savage! :lol:

23 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

More like laziness.  No way I'm driving to the Post Office with cash to get a money order or to my bank to have them manually draft a check.  Then snail mail that check/money order like a savage! :lol:

I meant the not using credit cards to spend what you don't have part. :)

47 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I meant the not using credit cards to spend what you don't have part. :)

Ahh, yes. Very true! How dare we use funds we have to pay for why we want! ?

36 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Unpopular opinion from me: Wear is overrated.

Its all a matter of taste. Some guys like patches, some guys like non-typical numbers (preseason, first year, etc)... personally, I love wear. Gives jerseys character that typically individualizes each jersey and sets them (or some) apart from an Authentic.

I have some friends who share your opinion, and I'm just find the jerseys underwhelming when there's only 1 mark... but some don't mind that, so whatever floats your boat!

Wrong thread to post this question BUT if I'm a tiny dude and size 46 in the Edge 2.0 jersey fits me the best. Does that make my jersey inferior to say the sizes the players wear? Will I be judged harshly? I mean I don't care ...but just asking for a friend lol.

Just got in it with a knuckle-dragger on a Devils FB group who claims most NHL players wear a different jersey every period.  When I showed him contrary his retort was "the game worn business has suckered you" and "I know how it works from the equipment managers, trust me."

Thank God that John Scott Rangers heritage jersey finally went to another collector so we never have to see it for sale or reposted as a "grail" ever again.  

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Just got in it with a knuckle-dragger on a Devils FB group who claims most NHL players wear a different jersey every period.  When I showed him contrary his retort was "the game worn business has suckered you" and "I know how it works from the equipment managers, trust me."

Tell him “you’re an idiot.  Trust me.”

1 hour ago, thebiggoalie said:

Thank God that John Scott Rangers heritage jersey finally went to another collector so we never have to see it for sale or reposted as a "grail" ever again.  

One down, a gazillion overpriced hockey pucks and "top prospects" to go.

Edited by amonte78

If it weren't for Facebook, I would have no idea who the hell Daniel Sprong is. Now that I know, I really just don't care. 

1 minute ago, thebiggoalie said:

If it weren't for Facebook, I would have no idea who the hell Daniel Sprong is. Now that I know, I really just don't care. 

?

57 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

I'm waiting for you to start a Jason LaBarbera game used goals given up puck group.

1 hour ago, thebiggoalie said:

My goal is to find and buy a Sprong jersey, so that his collection will never be complete :D