*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

6 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Exactly. And tell him 20 years ago, gamers also didn't have little black buttons sewn on the front hem.

If ignorance in is the majority, it becomes easier for others to accept. That's the primary problem with the Facebook groups...and society. 

Agreed.  All it takes is for a couple of clueless people to start something and it catches fire on there.

I posted it in the FB group as well (as you saw lol) but last month in a Devils FB a guy claiming to "know" many equipment managers told me that every team issues its players a new jersey to wear in each game and every team sells their gamers on the concourse.  He was extremely adamant about it and said that's why he doesn't collect gamers because it's a racket.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Agreed.  All it takes is for a couple of clueless people to start something and it catches fire on there.

I posted it in the FB group as well (as you saw lol) but last month in a Devils FB a guy claiming to "know" many equipment managers told me that every team issues its players a new jersey to wear in each game and every team sells their gamers on the concourse.  He was extremely adamant about it and said that's why he doesn't collect gamers because it's a racket.

We are at least educated enough to know each team handles their gameworn jerseys differently. 

Who did he work for, Steiner? Lol

42 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

We are at least educated enough to know each team handles their gameworn jerseys differently. 

Who did he work for, Steiner? Lol

Lol no but he kept saying he knows teams use a new jersey every game because Pete Rose did the same (I'm not kidding you he really said this).

1 minute ago, Devilsguy said:

Lol no but he kept saying he knows teams use a new jersey every game because Pete Rose did the same (I'm not kidding you he really said this).

Probably because he gambled away most of his gameworn jerseys. 

18 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Probably because he gambled away most of his gameworn jerseys. 

Gameworn jersey, with blood, on 17 black. Rien ne va plus. 

I find it funny that everyone who makes these stupid claims is either a former equipment manager or knows one. Seems like a pretty random person to happen to know, and to obtain obviously incorrect information from.

Well a lot of them who are telling the truth about being an equipment manager are usually at a really low level.

We all know FHL level does the same things with jerseys at the NHL level.  Duh.

It is crazy how people ask for opinions -- then proceed to fight you when you give them the answer. 

I have noticed that some gamer collectors (those who only and have only collected gamers) are generally unaware of the variances among jerseys. It is hard to do your homework if you cant spot a 1.0 from a 2.0. Or a retail authentic from a gamer (though, to be fair, in the past, some retail authentics were used as gamers). 

2 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Does anyone know where I can find a dartboard or wireless printer? 

You already have a Flyers jersey. 

Guest Dr_Puck
1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

You already have a Flyers jersey. 

You used to be so cool. Didn't even acknowledge my River Rats jersey and now this assault against my character. I don't know you anymore, man. 

19 hours ago, NYIJM29 said:

It is crazy how people ask for opinions -- then proceed to fight you when you give them the answer. 

I have noticed that some gamer collectors (those who only and have only collected gamers) are generally unaware of the variances among jerseys. It is hard to do your homework if you cant spot a 1.0 from a 2.0. Or a retail authentic from a gamer (though, to be fair, in the past, some retail authentics were used as gamers). 

That's pretty common in sports memorabilia collecting in general.  Oddly, while it does happen in other hobbies it tends to be much less than in this one.  Typically the worst is when you have a guy who got an item directly from the player and they assume it is game worn/used when it really isn't.  You can give them numerous examples of evidence to show it was never game used but the response is always "but I got it directly from the player!"

I am looking to sell car tires soon.  I guess the game worn jersey groups are the best place to put those.

8 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I am looking to sell car tires soon.  I guess the game worn jersey groups are the best place to put those.

Well if you drove to the game its close, no?

11 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I believe there is a game worn Zamboni parts and accessories group for that sort of stuff...now. 

22 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

I believe there is a game worn Zamboni parts and accessories group for that sort of stuff...now. 

That is my territory I am a zamboni driver fora town 

31 minutes ago, cowboys said:

That is my territory I am a zamboni driver fora town 

Yeah. “Crazy Town!” ?

5 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Yeah. “Crazy Town!” ?

Lol yes sir 

the day I retire I am wearing a shirt that says I will wave if your mother shows me her  B OOBS 

4 hours ago, cowboys said:

Lol yes sir 

the day I retire I am wearing a shirt that says I will wave if your mother shows me her  B OOBS 

Make sure you do it on a Friday night when I’m there!