*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

7 minutes ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

This jersey came from a thrift store in Rochester, must be Patrick Kanes. Kane totally played for the Junior Monarchs before they existed.

Someone explain to her that Kane isn’t from there. He’s actually born from hellfire and brimstone. 

...what the hell is brimstone?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In one of the Devils fan groups someone posted pictures of a Hischier Adidas knockoff that they got from some random website.  I have to admit the knockoffs are pretty impressive looking, but you can still spot some minor issues.  However I am blown away by the number of people who 1) want to order from the same website and 2) believe they will get the same quality of knockoffs that the poster got even though there have been numerous posts in the past year alone where people b**** about their knockoff not looking like the pictures the website posted.

I hope all of their jerseys look terrible.

49 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

In one of the Devils fan groups someone posted pictures of a Hischier Adidas knockoff that they got from some random website.  I have to admit the knockoffs are pretty impressive looking, but you can still spot some minor issues.  However I am blown away by the number of people who 1) want to order from the same website and 2) believe they will get the same quality of knockoffs that the poster got even though there have been numerous posts in the past year alone where people b**** about their knockoff not looking like the pictures the website posted.

I hope all of their jerseys look terrible.

Even in the non-gameworn group. Knockoffs get likes from everyone. If you point it out, they just tear you apart. Ignorance is becoming bliss. 

3 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Even in the non-gameworn group. Knockoffs get likes from everyone. If you point it out, they just tear you apart. Ignorance is becoming bliss. 

I just find it funny when you guys get all worked up about people who buy knockoffs.

"If they are happy with crap, let them buy crap". - Marie Antoinette, probably. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I just find it funny when you guys get all worked up about people who buy knockoffs.

"If they are happy with crap, let them buy crap". - Marie Antoinette, probably. 

Honestly I really don't care if they buy knockoffs or not.

However if they try to convince me that they look good or they are as good if not better than the real ones then I get annoyed.

10 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

However if they try to convince me that they look good or they are as good if not better than the real ones then I get annoyed.

That's your fault for having such lofty quality standards as "real materials" and "not sewn by a 5 year old". 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That's your fault for having such lofty quality standards as "real materials" and "not sewn by a 5 year old". 

Child work slave tears are the glue that keeps those knockoffs together

2 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Child work slave tears are the glue that keeps those knockoffs together

That could be the case. 

Its funny though, there's a LOT more of them than there are of us. I actually saw season ticket holders in fake jerseys this season. Talking about how the new Adidas jerseys (which he was not wearing a real OR fake of) are of such less quality than Reebok (which he WAS wearing a fake of). 

It took a lot but I resisted saying anything. 

19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That could be the case. 

Its funny though, there's a LOT more of them than there are of us. I actually saw season ticket holders in fake jerseys this season. Talking about how the new Adidas jerseys (which he was not wearing a real OR fake of) are of such less quality than Reebok (which he WAS wearing a fake of). 

It took a lot but I resisted saying anything. 

What's funny is that the team gives gives them free jerseys every 5 years.

Whatever as long as I am not wearing them I am fine.  I do chuckle at how bad some of them are though.

4 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

What's funny is that the team gives gives them free jerseys every 5 years.

Whatever as long as I am not wearing them I am fine.  I do chuckle at how bad some of them are though.

Right. I guess this guy needed a Hischier that bad. Well $30 bad, not like a real jersey price bad. 

“How much is this worth?”

bump. 

11 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Here here. Recalling my retail manager days, I knew fans would indulge in fakes when they hit the market. I always thought it hilarious that someone would pay as much for a hat as they paid for the jersey they were wearing in the store. The people who really pissed me off were the ones who would ask if they got a good deal and proceed to get mad when I told them the truth. 

Guest Dr_Puck

There was a particular nasty set of responses to a collector who asked why people were dropping a mishmash of random junk into a jersey group. Just a simple, "Hey what's going on..." comment and he was jumped by a couple of hotheads.

1 minute ago, Silverback53 said:

And FB got loads of them. 

This forum is made up of (primarily) actual hockey jersey enthusiasts, all three of Devils fans, as well as a few ugly Flyers fans who can’t be exposed to sunlight, get wet, or be fed after midnight. We take our hobby seriously, are harsh critics of customization, cross our T’s, and dot our i’s. 

The facebook groups are made up of Facebook members (that includes almost anyone and everyone in the world) who happen to stumble into the groups for any random purpose, even if they don’t collect. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

There was a particular nasty set of responses to a collector who asked why people were dropping a mishmash of random junk into a jersey group. Just a simple, "Hey what's going on..." comment and he was jumped by a couple of hotheads.

Seriously?  Did the mods do anything?

21 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

This forum is made up of (primarily) actual hockey jersey enthusiasts, all three of Devils fans, as well as a few ugly Flyers fans who can’t be exposed to sunlight, get wet, or be fed after midnight. We take our hobby seriously, are harsh critics of customization, cross our T’s, and dot our i’s. 

The facebook groups are made up of Facebook members (that includes almost anyone and everyone in the world) who happen to stumble into the groups for any random purpose, even if they don’t collect. 

Which is why I don't know why the more established members don't just go back to using forums exclusively and leave the FB groups for the fringe. 

8 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

My mom says I’m handsome ?

Yeah but she says that to everyone. :) 

Just kidding, love you buddy. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah but she says that to everyone. :) 

Just kidding, love you buddy. 

Lol. I was trying to find a tactful way if answering him. 

All in good fun. Lol

48 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Lol. I was trying to find a tactful way if answering him. 

All in good fun. Lol

Luckily, I lack tact.