*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever outbid me in an auction is a d!ck and a backstabber.

11 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Obviously. Everyone should have backed off once you bid. 

Typical Team X FB Fan group (non-jersey specific) interaction:

1) Guy makes statement about current jerseys that is inaccurate/incorrect

2) I reply with the correct information

3) Guy responds aggressively and blocks me

4) I start to wonder why I even bother

On 1/30/2018 at 2:49 PM, Devilsguy said:

Lmao I was the d!ck. I thought I handled being called a d!ck properly. 

Someone tries to flip a Tyler Howe (aka Tyler Who?) Yotes jersey that was sold yesterday on ebay for $57. Now available for $300, even though jersey hasn't even arrived, so buyer just uses the picture of the seller (Detroit Hockey Co) :D

Edited by amonte78

38 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

Someone tries to flip a Tyler Howe (aka Tyler Who?) Yotes jersey that was sold yesterday on ebay for $57. Now available for $300, even though jersey hasn't even arrived, so buyer just uses the picture of the seller (Detroit Hockey Co) :D

Maybe she got him confused with Gordie Howe?^_^

There were a lot of Howes. He must be related. 

Either that or that FB poster's parents are. 

Edited by mfitz804

Oh and my favorite part of her $300 listing: "Super Rare"

Well no $h!t it is rare, he never played an NHL game (it is a training camp/PS jersey) and no one cares to even own it.

7 minutes ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

I had to take a PTO day just to read that thread between Derek and Eric

Which group?

Ok now I see it.  600+ comments.  Yeah I need to grab a coffee and about an hour's worth of my time now.

As someone that does not have Facebook, and I do not want Facebook, does anyone have luck finding jerseys on there, or is it just entertainment of watching idiots fight and make fools of themselves.  I'm just wondering, because other than eBay and here, what other sources are there at finding hard to find jerseys?

48 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

As someone that does not have Facebook, and I do not want Facebook, does anyone have luck finding jerseys on there, or is it just entertainment of watching idiots fight and make fools of themselves.  I'm just wondering, because other than eBay and here, what other sources are there at finding hard to find jerseys?

I have both bought and sold in those groups.  I have had better success than eBay over the past couple of years too.

12 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I have both bought and sold in those groups.  I have had better success than eBay over the past couple of years too.

Same here, I try to avoid ebay as much as possible. The bunch of idiots are actually 4-5 regulars, joined by the occasional dumba55.

On 2/1/2018 at 9:32 AM, Devilsguy said:

Typical Team X FB Fan group (non-jersey specific) interaction:

1) Guy makes statement about current jerseys that is inaccurate/incorrect

2) I reply with the correct information

3) Guy responds aggressively and blocks me

4) I start to wonder why I even bother

OT... @Devilsguy (or friends of friends) -- do you happen to need/want a parking pass for the 2/8 game vs the Flames?

I've got a VIP pass that I don't need. Says $30 on it, 15 Lafayette, Levels 3-4.

$free

(You seem like a knowledgeable, helpful person.)

12 hours ago, artificialintuition said:

OT... @Devilsguy (or friends of friends) -- do you happen to need/want a parking pass for the 2/8 game vs the Flames?

I've got a VIP pass that I don't need. Says $30 on it, 15 Lafayette, Levels 3-4.

$free

(You seem like a knowledgeable, helpful person.)

Thanks for the offer!  Unfortunately I already have a pass ready to go for Thursday's game.  Thanks again for thinking of me!

Guest Dr_Puck

An actual question and not the usual complaint about the inanity of these groups. Does a sales post in a jersey group automatically appear in marketplace? I can see my own posts from groups on marketplace (even though I make sure I indicate that I don't want to list there). I can even see a rough map of my location with the posts. I just hope that I am the only one who can see those in marketplace because I don't want my neighbors knowing what I'm up to with jersey selling.