*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

10 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

An actual question and not the usual complaint about the inanity of these groups. Does a sales post in a jersey group automatically appear in marketplace? I can see my own posts from groups on marketplace (even though I make sure I indicate that I don't want to list there). I can even see a rough map of my location with the posts. I just hope that I am the only one who can see those in marketplace because I don't want my neighbors knowing what I'm up to with jersey selling. 

I think it does unless you opt out.  Or vice versa.  I have seen my for sale posts and others in the marketplace as well if they are close enough.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of upset/angry posts going up in the last 24 hours.

Guest Dr_Puck
44 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

A lot of upset/angry posts going up in the last 24 hours.

Yet one of the few serious collectors out there asks a detailed question about an NHL jersey from the 1960s and it's crickets. Everyone just blathers away while a legit-- and potentially fascinating-- post on jersey history gets ignored. 

23 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Yet one of the few serious collectors out there asks a detailed question about an NHL jersey from the 1960s and it's crickets. Everyone just blathers away while a legit-- and potentially fascinating-- post on jersey history gets ignored. 

The Bruins practice jersey?

Hopefully and soon enough the hobby moves away from FB and back to forums again.

Guest Dr_Puck

Yes Devilsguy, I was thinking about the Bruins practice jersey question. I met that guy last year and his knowledge of jerseys is through the roof. He has some real gems in his collection.

The Sittler thing amazed me. People would rather throw darts at each other and put up funny GIFs than learn about the history of the game. 

13 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Yes Devilsguy, I was thinking about the Bruins practice jersey question. I met that guy last year and his knowledge of jerseys is through the roof. He has some real gems in his collection.

The Sittler thing amazed me. People would rather throw darts at each other and put up funny GIFs than learn about the history of the game. 

I see that guy post here and there and from what I remember he does seem to have some nice stuff.  However through the constant din that goes on in that group I barely see his posts in there (though he might just not be posting much at all).

The Sittler jersey is awesome.  I read the article when it came out and finally got around to watching the news video yesterday.  I would much rather see that than people arguing/crying over what other collectors are allowed/not allowed to collect.

17 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

The Sittler jersey is awesome.  I read the article when it came out and finally got around to watching the news video yesterday.  I would much rather see that than people arguing/crying over what other collectors are allowed/not allowed to collect.

How did it fit??

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

How did it fit??

Tight lol.

I haven't seen it yet.  The video said Meigray might be showing off this jersey at some point so I will wait for that.

38 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I see that guy post here and there and from what I remember he does seem to have some nice stuff.  However through the constant din that goes on in that group I barely see his posts in there (though he might just not be posting much at all).

Yeah, he's pretty busy with other stuff and only gets on FB a couple times per month. Great guy though, maybe the lack of time on FB contributes to that :D

Edited by cjerina

13 minutes ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

Catch Morten freaking out because someone got a goal puck besides him.

I wonder if he ended up with the Sprong puck that Casey posted to screw him over.

if there were the 100 Commandments of Jersey Collecting" a few would be

-All thing Vesey and Sprong belong to Morten

-Casey must be an a******

-Jake Marty must comment on everything

-Everything Rangers goalie related belongs to @thebiggoalie

Edited by LetsGoHomeBaby

1 hour ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

- @mfitz804 is happy to not be on Facebook. 

Edited by mfitz804

If it wasn't for the fact that I have much better luck of selling my jerseys on FB than I do on eBay or in forums I would have left at least 2/3 of the facebook groups I am in now.

To be fair, I haven't seen a Jake Marty thread/post in a bit, but I might not be paying much attention to it.

39 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

The whole purpose of jersey collecting is for me to NOT be intellectual. 

Not me, that's why I am always serious and never make "that's what she said" jokes. 

5 hours ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

I’ll just take everyone’s very overpriced Labarbera crap. 

So I see more and more posts in the groups along the lines of "Greed is killing this hobby."  Are others feeling the same way too?

TBH I wish there was more greed in this hobby as it would make some of my sales quicker lol.

Guest Dr_Puck
9 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

So I see more and more posts in the groups along the lines of "Greed is killing this hobby."  Are others feeling the same way too?

TBH I wish there was more greed in this hobby as it would make some of my sales quicker lol.

I must have some of these people blocked but I have noticed it in spots. Heck, I agree with that idea to an extent. Also think it's the problem of decency, follow up and courtesy, but that's not a jersey-specific problem.