Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chazberg

*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

1,357 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

"Send me your jerseys for customization. My company, Midwest Sports Lettering can do it perfectly, and has a great turnaround time."

??? That one got my hackles up. **** that guy.

This is great, I'm not in any of the Facebook groups but I feel like I've gotten the full experience in this thread. 

You guys don't get annoyed by my Mike Richards flyers want ads? 

2 minutes ago, Flyers845 said:

You guys don't get annoyed by my Mike Richards flyers want ads? 

Not all all. Flyers fans are irrelevant. 

3 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Not all all. Flyers fans are irrelevant. 

Mike Rupp over here. 

47 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

"Send me your jerseys for customization. My company, Midwest Sports Lettering can do it perfectly, and has a great turnaround time."

Wasn't that guy hanging out here for a while?

Me: "don't have the LOA as original owner lost it, but able to photomatch it to these photos"

Potential buyer: "sorry without the LOA I can't be sure what you are selling me is 100% legit.  I can therefore either not buy this or offer significantly less than market value."

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Wasn't that guy hanging out here for a while?

Yeah, that's part of how I got snookered. Seemed like an OK board member. Didn't know that he had already ruined his rep on FB.

Eighth time this week: "Looking for size 48 jersey, complete with fight strap."

7 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Eighth time this week: "Looking for size 48 jersey, complete with fight strap."

Not just any size 48 jersey with fight strap, but a jersey from a lower league, obscure team, that might not have even been produced, and if it was, not more than a handful in existence.

32 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

Not just any size 48 jersey with fight strap, but a jersey from a lower league, obscure team, that might not have even been produced, and if it was, not more than a handful in existence.

Every time I list stuff on eBay, he contacts me there too for the same thing. I don't bother answering anymore. 

3 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Me: "don't have the LOA as original owner lost it, but able to photomatch it to these photos"

Potential buyer: "sorry without the LOA I can't be sure what you are selling me is 100% legit.  I can therefore either not buy this or offer significantly less than market value."

I don't have a problem with someone only wanting to collect jerseys with an LOA, but if that is how they feel, they should just not contact you. 

11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I don't have a problem with someone only wanting to collect jerseys with an LOA, but if that is how they feel, they should just not contact you. 

That plus I just find it pretty silly and ridiculous they are questioning authenticity of it when I have multiple photo matches.  This is why sometimes spending the $75 to get a Meigray LOA is worth it so you can avoid this and probably add $100+ to your asking price if you ever sell it.

Oh and did he eventually trade his Grabner Islanders GI?  I have seen that offered endlessly for weeks now.

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

That plus I just find it pretty silly and ridiculous they are questioning authenticity of it when I have multiple photo matches.  This is why sometimes spending the $75 to get a Meigray LOA is worth it so you can avoid this and probably add $100+ to your asking price if you ever sell it.

Right, but you're acknowledging that it adds resale value, so if that's what someone chooses to do, I get it. 

"Christmas bump"

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Right, but you're acknowledging that it adds resale value, so if that's what someone chooses to do, I get it. 

Yes and no.  If someone told me the LOA they had was from Byron's Hockeyland to me it is the same as saying you don't have an LOA.

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Yes and no.  If someone told me the LOA they had was from Byron's Hockeyland to me it is the same as saying you don't have an LOA.

I'm sure that folks who don't know as much as you wouldn't make that distinction. 

"I'm selling some jerseys, PM me with your offers, because I'm hoping someone will pay wayyy to much"

16 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

"I'm selling some jerseys, PM me with your offers, because I'm hoping someone will pay wayyy to much"

Glad I wasn't the only one to notice that. 

And when they tell me to PM them, I just don't. 

No price posted = not interested. 

EDIT: Even better. After not posting a price, they tell you to PM them. You do PM them, and they don't even have Facebook messenger, so they don't even get the PM. 

Edited by thebiggoalie

20 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

EDIT: Even better. After not posting a price, they tell you to PM them. You do PM them, and they don't even have Facebook messenger, so they don't even get the PM. 

:D Some people are just plain retarded

1 hour ago, thebiggoalie said:

Glad I wasn't the only one to notice that. 

And when they tell me to PM them, I just don't. 

No price posted = not interested. 

All of this.

My favorite is the "Looking for rare player jersey. PM me what you have." 

Second time this week:

"Looking for NHL tough guys in trade. (While offering "non-NHL tough guys" in trade and not even listing a possible sale price to actually fund said-NHL tough guys."

"Not really looking to sell unless someone blows me away with an offer"