*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

1 minute ago, Devilsguy said:

I think people just rather not share prices that they have paid.  I am a little hesitant to post it for the same reason.  Honestly, I think I overpaid a little and am ashamed haha.

I understand that if someone goes go to sell it and people can look up the price but if someone has no intent on selling it then it won't matter i guess? People can do as they please but usually they wind up posting it anyway which is confusing!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

Ugh, looks like some people are just looking for a fight. 

Yup pretty much.  Sometimes it can serve as a good reminder to myself as to why I rarely post on there.

2 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Yup pretty much.  Sometimes it can serve as a good reminder to myself as to why I rarely post on there.

And in my case a reminder why I left and am just lurking. Just saw that the guy is from the town from that minor league team...which means that he is a big fanboy or works for the team. Either way: idiot.

6 minutes ago, RedWings1992 said:

I understand that if someone goes go to sell it and people can look up the price but if someone has no intent on selling it then it won't matter i guess? People can do as they please but usually they wind up posting it anyway which is confusing!

I will probably post my jersey up in the Devils-specific game worn jersey group, but not in the main one.  I doubt many would care about the post anyways in the main group as my post would be quickly bumped down by other Mail/Grail Day! posts, the bumping of months-old for sale posts and posts about sticks and pucks.

Besides, last time I posted a new arrival in the group someone got all bent out of shape on me because I made a deal with a guy on eBay who pulled his listing and sold it to me.

I ended up winning a 75 dollar ECHL Jersey of one of my fave players. Not really looking forward to paying twice that amount with fees and shipping after learning that shipping is like 50 bucks.

Edited by LetsGoHomeBaby
/

6 minutes ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

I ended up winning a 75 dollar ECHL Jersey of one of my fave players. Not really looking forward to paying twice that amount with fees and shipping after learning that shipping is like 50 bucks.

Not all shipping is $50.  I won a jersey in the last auction for about $600 and my shipping was about $30.

41 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I think people just rather not share prices that they have paid.  I am a little hesitant to post it for the same reason.  Honestly, I think I overpaid a little and am ashamed haha.

Lol, arent't we all? :lol:

The only way somebody isn't going to know what you paid with those auctions is if you never post the jersey you won, because the results are online for forever. If you're waiting for it to come in so you can post mail day pictures, anybody can then put two and two together and figure it out. It's silly.

Besides, just because someone paid X amount for a jersey today, doesn't mean it will be worth that tomorrow, or a year from now.  In the second-hand market, these things are worth what people are willing to pay for them, plain and simple. 

I will probably end up posting what I got here and on the Devils game worn FB group.

I don't think I will post it in the main FB GW group as I don't want to hear it from the peanut gallery.

I stopped posting completely. Bunch of buzzkills and you're always more excited for what you got than everybody else is and their lack of excitement is just a downer. Gotta collect for yourself, not for others.

1 hour ago, CJ Matthews said:

I stopped posting completely. Bunch of buzzkills and you're always more excited for what you got than everybody else is and their lack of excitement is just a downer. Gotta collect for yourself, not for others.

There's certain members who post and get more excitement then anyone else. I recently saw one of them do some display type thingy with their stuff similar to what another collector did. The excitement for the more popular collector was predictably different and the collector who didn't get the reaction had the better of it by far in my opinion. 

Edited by RedWings1992

16 minutes ago, RedWings1992 said:

There's certain members who post and get more excitement then anyone else. I recently saw one of them do some display type thingy with their stuff similar to what another collector did. The excitement for the more popular collector was predictably different and the collector who didn't get the reaction had the better of it by far in my opinion. 

Yeah, I don't know if it has to do with collection preferences, jealousy, camaraderie, personality, etc, but some people definitely get along better than others and it shows in the way collectors react to each others posts. Just human nature I guess.

37 minutes ago, RedWings1992 said:

That's one of the things about this hobby that will probably always be there.  No matter how open or accessible the hobby becomes, there will always be a good part of it that will forever be a "good ol' boys" club.

1 minute ago, Devilsguy said:

That's one of the things about this hobby that will probably always be there.  No matter how open or accessible the hobby becomes, there will always be a good part of it that will forever be a "good ol' boys" club.

22 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

Yeah, I don't know if it has to do with collection preferences, jealousy, camaraderie, personality, etc, but some people definitely get along better than others and it shows in the way collectors react to each others posts. Just human nature I guess.

I agree with both of you for sure. The g'f uses a word that i cant stand but she always says "clique" about groups and such. Hey she's smarter then me but aren't they all. You'd think there's a different cool factor displaying for a player then displaying at a small city museum that even the biggest clique or good old boys club would appreciate.

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

We all get along together nicely here. Well, except for mfitz. Nobody likes that guy. 

Story of my life. *sigh*

2 hours ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

I've been resorting to posting when I know it's something good, or a feel good post. Such as the one I threw up with my Grandma the other day.

Your grandma is cool!

Oh lord. Now it's puck preview posts....on a game worn J-E-R-S-E-Y forum. Probably for sale in no time.

When did goal pucks at a ridiculous price become a thing?

I have one goal puck; Malhotra's second to last career goal. It cost me $65 shipped. 

I only started following goal scored pucks about a year ago.  In that time I have seen what looks like the average puck from an average player go from $50-100 price range to $200+.  Glad I haven't really gotten into that maze lol.

I asked Stu how much Schenn's hat trick goal pucks would be.  Thinking since I have the jersey, I might want the pucks, too.  $1,500.  Um, ouch.

3 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I asked Stu how much Schenn's hat trick goal pucks would be.  Thinking since I have the jersey, I might want the pucks, too.  $1,500.  Um, ouch.

Ouch indeed.  Though a complete set of hat trick pucks are pretty cool I must say.  However, I don't think I would drop $1500 for that unless say Giroux scored them.