Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chazberg

*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

1,336 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

For some reason I really want to buy a stove and some ladies golf clubs.  Anyone know where I can buy some?

I don't know anything about golf, but is there really a difference between men's and ladies golf clubs? I mean, we all know the stove is always for a lady, but the golf clubs definitely have me confused. 

30 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

For some reason I really want to buy a stove and some ladies golf clubs.  Anyone know where I can buy some?

Might this be in the same space where one can find used Christmas tree lights and cracked cell phones? 

1 hour ago, thebiggoalie said:

I don't know anything about golf, but is there really a difference between men's and ladies golf clubs? I mean, we all know the stove is always for a lady, but the golf clubs definitely have me confused. 

In fairness, there's not a tremendous difference between men's and women's underpants, but I'm still pretty particular about wearing the correct ones. 

21 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

In fairness, there's not a tremendous difference between men's and women's underpants, but I'm still pretty particular about wearing the correct ones. 

...Unless you're wearing them over your head. 

6 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

...Unless you're wearing them over your head. 

Well obviously then you want the prettiest ones. 

Is it just me or do some collectors seem to have really short fuses these days?

39 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Is it just me or do some collectors seem to have really short fuses these days?

Agreed. That's why I hardly ever make an offer on something I'm interested anymore. It doesn't exactly help them make a sale. 

delete

Edited by jokinen12
gossip

Delete

Edited by LetsGoHomeBaby
?

Shall I soley collect Sprong and sell the rest of my GRAILS?

Oh no, what will we do without your grail posts, F(&^*** rejoice most likely 

Looks like The Pucking Grail Man just bought a Morozov Pens jersey. I wonder how soon this will be available??

1 hour ago, amonte78 said:

Looks like The Pucking Grail Man just bought a Morozov Pens jersey. I wonder how soon this will be available??

Until Casey cries he doesn't own it. 

It's going to be amusing watching him try to sell all this s*** now.

On May 29, 2017 at 7:20 AM, thebiggoalie said:

Anytime I list stuff on eBay, he messages me asking if I have a size 48 Jets jersey... It's been about three years now. How badly does he really want one?

I actually just bought one myself last night on eBay for $66CDN. I fully intend on keeping it, but I'm interested to message him just for fun. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

DO IT!!!

Do it on face book watch he go nuts and put a high price on it and see what happens 

Oh man, you HAVE to exploit this opportunity. 

Maybe it's just me, but man have the FB groups have gotten especially negative lately.  Also I have seen multiple people now posting "getting out of the hobby" sales as well in the last 2-3 weeks.

19 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Maybe it's just me, but man have the FB groups have gotten especially negative lately.  Also I have seen multiple people now posting "getting out of the hobby" sales as well in the last 2-3 weeks.

I like it when the people complain on there about getting out of the hobby, then post a new arrival here. :)

And this week, the "GRAIL" John Scott Blackhawks jersey returns back to the auction block! Yippee!!

7 hours ago, cjerina said:

I like it when the people complain on there about getting out of the hobby, then post a new arrival here. :)

Maybe it was already on the way - (and paid for on 5/16....)

Personally, I posted a leaving the hobby sale but it just didn't feel right. I took a couple of days and thought about my likes and dislikes and it came down to the Facebook groups. I still love my collection and will be keeping 90% of my jerseys but will only add via auction/ebay, at this point (unless someone sends a message). I don't know why I don't like it; it can't all be Derek Whitaker. It's definitely a little annoying being metaphorically herded by someone who has little hockey knowledge and a moderate understanding of the hobby. I'm an introvert by nature and just find a lot of the guys obnoxious.

On 6/19/2017 at 10:42 PM, jokinen12 said:

Edited by OneJerseyMemorabilia

9 hours ago, jokinen12 said:

Maybe it was already on the way - (and paid for on 5/16....)

Personally, I posted a leaving the hobby sale but it just didn't feel right. I took a couple of days and thought about my likes and dislikes and it came down to the Facebook groups. I still love my collection and will be keeping 90% of my jerseys but will only add via auction/ebay, at this point (unless someone sends a message). I don't know why I don't like it; it can't all be Derek Whitaker. It's definitely a little annoying being metaphorically herded by someone who has little hockey knowledge and a moderate understanding of the hobby. I'm an introvert by nature and just find a lot of the guys obnoxious.

Gotcha. Yeah, don't a bunch of other people tell you what to collect or if you should/shouldnt. I just block the guys who are annoying for one reason or another and makes it WAY more enjoyable (I think Im closing on 100 people blocked on FB specifically from the groups).

1 hour ago, cjerina said:

Gotcha. Yeah, don't a bunch of other people tell you what to collect or if you should/shouldnt. I just block the guys who are annoying for one reason or another and makes it WAY more enjoyable (I think Im closing on 100 people blocked on FB specifically from the groups).

I think I was at 15 or so, but most were admins. You have the annoying ones like Morten and Ryan Allerman. You have the db's like Derek and Stefan Prill. You have the scammers like Mancuso and Ellis. They all add up

2 minutes ago, jokinen12 said:

I think I was at 15 or so, but most were admins. You have the annoying ones like Morten and Ryan Allerman. You have the db's like Derek and Stefan Prill. You have the scammers like Mancuso and Ellis. They all add up

It's like the joy of collecting jerseys all over again!