Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chazberg

*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

1,361 posts in this topic

"Month 14 of my getting out of the hobby sale"

2 hours ago, Flyers845 said:

"Not really looking to sell unless someone blows me away with an offer"

Noticed that one as well. In other words: who is willing to trade away higher value jerseys for my crap

A guy just posted a fundraiser he created so that he could afford a Sharks Pavelski gamer. WTF?! 

11 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

A guy just posted a fundraiser he created so that he could afford a Sharks Pavelski gamer. WTF?! 

And after many gripes, it was quickly pulled.

I'll be honest, I chuckled at the Go Fund Me for a jersey.

And my favorite people on FB are the ones that comment "Oh Im interested in this jersey" on four different jerseys in 2 minutes, then contact you, and then tell you that (a) they can't afford it, (b) make initial contact and stop responding, (c) ask to hold it for 3 weeks without putting money down.

Sad thing is, people would probably have donated. I know someone who paid for their moving truck/crew by doing a GoFundMe, basically if said "I'm moving and can't afford movers, please help". 

That's ridiculous. If you can't afford it now, then save up some money like everyone else. This reminds me of the Millennial conversation we had in the other thread. 

Pffft...please. Why should I buy something when someone else can give it to me for free?

And some of you guys still wonder why I've never joined Facebook.

49 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

And some of you guys still wonder why I've never joined Facebook.

We know you're not on Facebook for other reasons:

gayvampire1-vi.jpg

19 hours ago, amonte78 said:

Wish I would have seen that as it both would have totally blown my mind yet not surprise me.  On Devils fan FB groups (insert few fans joke here) I see some fans ask for free tickets all the time.  It blows my mind how they can just ask for that without shame.  I really do think it is a Devils thing but it is also seems to be a generational thing.  I rarely see someone over the age of 30 ask for that.

If the guy who asked for the fundraiser for the Pavelski is a somewhat regular in the groups please PM me his name, I would greatly appreciate it.  Like to know who I deal with on there and to prepare for stuff lol.  Often times when people PM me on there I could already guess how the negotiations will go based on what I have seen them do in the game worn groups lol.

4 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Wish I would have seen that as it both would have totally blown my mind yet not surprise me.  On Devils fan FB groups (insert few fans joke here) I see some fans ask for free tickets all the time.  It blows my mind how they can just ask for that without shame.  I really do think it is a Devils thing but it is also seems to be a generational thing.  I rarely see someone over the age of 30 ask for that.

If the guy who asked for the fundraiser for the Pavelski is a somewhat regular in the groups please PM me his name, I would greatly appreciate it.  Like to know who I deal with on there and to prepare for stuff lol.  Often times when people PM me on there I could already guess how the negotiations will go based on what I have seen them do in the game worn groups lol.

Try going to McFaddens at Citi Field before any random Mets game...

14 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

If the guy who asked for the fundraiser for the Pavelski is a somewhat regular in the groups please PM me his name, I would greatly appreciate it.  

Done! 

30 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I'm 40, I'd take all the free tickets I could get.

But I'm not gonna ask for them. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm 40, I'd take all the free tickets I could get.

But I'm not gonna ask for them. 

Haha me either.

It's amazing how there is no shame to beg these days.  I'm actually to the point now where I prefer to sit on my comfy couch with decent take-out over schlepping myself over to Newark to watch them humiliate themselves.

19 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

Done! 

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Haha me either.

It's amazing how there is no shame to beg these days.  I'm actually to the point now where I prefer to sit on my comfy couch with decent take-out over schlepping myself over to Newark to watch them humiliate themselves.

Only reason I still go (and by go, I'm talking a couple times in a season, sometimes only once) is because my daughter now loves to go. Otherwise, like you said, takeout, the couch, and the TV is fine. 

Also, they are 3-0 in games my daughter has attended. If anyone should be getting free tickets, its her!!

25 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Haha me either.

It's easier to embarrass yourself behind a keyboard than in person. 

31 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Haha me either.

My favourite is when they get people to dance on a jumbotron for some gift voucher, absolutely no shame

15781528_10154753920602435_6372042643060

$400

This is a red #20 Cole Candella Hamilton Bulldogs OHL jersey. The jersey shows very light wear. It has a few stickmarks on the left sleeve, and some staining (sweat?) on the #2 on the back. I'm valuing the jersey at this price as Candella was the only Bulldogs player drafted (Vancouver Canucks, 5th round) in the 2016 draft, the team's inaugural season in the OHL. The team has also re-branded their colour scheme, so Candella's Red & Blue jersey has a decent rarity level.

Comes with LOA signed by Steve Staios.

Ultimately, I'm happy keeping the jersey, just looking to see if there is interest as I am eyeing another piece at a high price point.

1 minute ago, DJ Rhea said:

My favourite is when they get people to dance on a jumbotron for some gift voucher, absolutely no shame

People do that, without compensation, all the time. 

2 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

15781528_10154753920602435_6372042643060

$400

This is a red #20 Cole Candella Hamilton Bulldogs OHL jersey. The jersey shows very light wear. It has a few stickmarks on the left sleeve, and some staining (sweat?) on the #2 on the back. I'm valuing the jersey at this price as Candella was the only Bulldogs player drafted (Vancouver Canucks, 5th round) in the 2016 draft, the team's inaugural season in the OHL. The team has also re-branded their colour scheme, so Candella's Red & Blue jersey has a decent rarity level.

Comes with LOA signed by Steve Staios.

Ultimately, I'm happy keeping the jersey, just looking to see if there is interest as I am eyeing another piece at a high price point.

I find it funny when people decide to throw out whatever leverage in pricing they have when they mention they are looking to raise funds and soon for another piece.  He wants someone to overpay but with what he wrote, that ain't happening anymore.

"I hate Fanatics so much!"

Yet you continue to buy from them lol.

But it's rare, with an LOA..

I think I'm going to start putting my favourite ones on here. Gives me a cheap laugh..

I have seen LOA's for gamers that are done by small memorabilia stores where it reads that they took it to a game worn jersey "expert" who "thinks" it is good.

"Has LOA!"