Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chazberg

*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

1,336 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

Is that guy nuts or what?! :D

It's f@cking "Curious George joins the hockey jersey collector community". 

As he requested, I actually asked him a few questions, and he was belligerent, snarky, and just an overall displeasure to communicate with. He has no idea or care about what he's selling, yet wants to move his crap.  

All the years I've been selling jerseys, I realized that whether it's through this group, Facebook, or eBay, you need to make friends, not enemies to make some sales. 

Why is it so difficult for people to take a decent picture? I mean, I don't need DSLR quality. But, is at least one friggen clear picture taken with a steady hand too much to ask for?

On 9/4/2017 at 9:54 AM, thebiggoalie said:

It's f@cking "Curious George joins the hockey jersey collector community".

If you think he's new to it, you haven't been around enough. Or you just didn't hang out on the "banned from dot net" alternative board.

When I saw his ranting at "newer" collectors it reminded me of this:

297.png

I know who he is, and that he's a veteran, but he still has to follow the rules when it comes to selling, and being a jerk when messaging me doesn't make for a pleasant buying experience. 

17 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

I know who he is, and that he's a veteran, but he still has to follow the rules when it comes to selling, and being a jerk when messaging me doesn't make for a pleasant buying experience. 

Then you should have expected all that when you messaged him.. :D

(sigh.)

1 hour ago, cjerina said:

Then you should have expected all that when you messaged him.. :D

(sigh.)

Lol. Touché, sir. 

I guess if you can't wait till the next day, you just create your own countdown jersey thread in advance.

3 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

I guess if you can't wait till the next day, you just create your own countdown jersey thread in advance.

A countdown to the countdown? The whole world has gone meta. 

Edited by SoNowWhat?

22 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Too bad I haven't got a jersey with 1. Then I could start a countdown with only 1 day left tomorrow and nobody would notice and those stupid threads would be history this year. Winning!

Edited by amonte78

I didn't know authentic jerseys can be graded, especially those asking $650.

10/10

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

I didn't know authentic jerseys can be graded, especially those asking $650.

10/10

I know I was going to post good luck selling that Gretzky for that price 

What ever happened with that Bruins jersey?

If you all want a good laugh or facepalm moment check out the comments section on the Meigray FB post about the Vegas first game auction.  Multiple people freaking out about players in there that didn't play in the game but their jerseys are up for auction as people don't understand the meaning of game-issued.  One guy in particular is accusing Meigray of false advertising as he keeps pointing out the title of the entire auctions says game used while the auction is a mix of game used and game issued.

Wow, what a shitshow.

I wonder if that guy bid on a jersey and is now pissed that it wasn't actually worn.  Why else would he be so irate?

43 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Wow, what a shitshow.

I wonder if that guy bid on a jersey and is now pissed that it wasn't actually worn.  Why else would he be so irate?

Who knows, but your explanation is the only reasonable one.  However, it is social media so "reasonable" usually flies out the window.

Wow. How does my brain hurt after reading all that, but the brains of the ones who don't understand what "game issued" jerseys still have the energy to complain?

The stupidity on FB is unparalleled. That dude Brian Jerkovich has some serious issues :D

1 hour ago, amonte78 said:

The stupidity on FB is unparalleled. That dude Brian Jerkovich has some serious issues :D

Yeah I don't know what his problem is.  He posted the same "false advertising" post 3 times in the comments section of the auction and then one more again in the game worn FB group.

16 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Yeah I don't know what his problem is.  He posted the same "false advertising" post 3 times in the comments section of the auction and then one more again in the game worn FB group.

Brian "BUT IT'S LISTED AS GAMEWORN" Jerkovich.

6 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

Brian "BUT IT'S LISTED AS GAMEWORN" Jerkovich.

I want to tell him his mother was "game worn" on prom night, not "game issued". 

13 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

I want to tell him his mother was "game worn" on prom night, not "game issued". 

haha you should