All Star game in 27 days...when do we see how ugly the jerseys are??

mfitz804

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, jsh139 said:

wayne-simmonds-of-the-philadelphia-flyer

I really want to think that Simmonds will be driving down South Street in Philly in that ridiculous ASG themed truck, but I realize this is probably not reality. 

Anyone else kind of underwhelmed by the jerseys after seeing them on the ice? Thought I was hell bent on buying a purple to get done up, but after seeing them in the game. I'm just not sure anymore 

I like them but was a little disappointed they did not use the 100 year patch ,I purshased a white one and maybe will get a black for Jeff Carter the white will be Simmer 

As of this morning, Josh at EPS still does not have the sublimation on the numbers down. if anyone happens across hi res pictures of the patterning, please let me know, I would like to send them to Josh's attention. 

12 minutes ago, Jdems93 said:

Anyone else kind of underwhelmed by the jerseys after seeing them on the ice? Thought I was hell bent on buying a purple to get done up, but after seeing them in the game. I'm just not sure anymore 

Maybe it's because the Central Division sucked in the game?   :)

All kidding aside, I had liked the purple ones the best, but after seeing the game, the black ones, which I thought were the most boring, have now become my favorite, followed by the white.

12 minutes ago, Jdems93 said:

I personally thought they all looked good on the ice. I didn't care for the white gloves/white helmet that went with the Central's purple jersey, but the whites were probably easier to produce than purple helmets and gloves. 

My 2 gripes on the jerseys are the choice of fonts/style on the arm numbers for each. IMHO they were a little clunky, dated and plain looking, especially compared to how intricate they got with the pattern on the numbers on the back. A more stylized arm font and a simpler treatment on the back could have been more impactful in my mind. 

Only other downside is that the gold and purple were only worn for a total of 20 minutes! We didn't get to see them much!

I really did like the look of the white and black jerseys. I think the numbering might also contribute to my opinion. The arm numbers just look slapped on and don't flow with the jersey. They just look chunky. 

I agree that the arm numbers looked out of place. I thought the purple didn't meet my expectations in how awesome I expected them to look, while the yellow exceeded my expectations. the white and black, well, those are hard to do wrong. 

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I really want to think that Simmonds will be driving down South Street in Philly in that ridiculous ASG themed truck, but I realize this is probably not reality. 

Ha! Yeah I don't think that'll be happening. ?

Josh from EPS confirmed he received a file from the league that contains the patterning for the numbers. Says he should be all good to go.

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

ASG themed "truck". Gotta use the quotes for a Ridgeline, aka CRV with a box hot glued to the back.

Just like when somebody says the devils are "good" this year.

Edited by JoeM7392

4 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

ASG themed "truck". Gotta use the quotes for a Ridgeline, aka CRV with a box hot glued to the back.

Just like when somebody says the devils are "good" this year.

Dude, I'm from the City, what do I know about pickup trucks, other than nobody here who has them ever hauls anything and you could eat lunch off the bed?

And nobody says the Devils are "good" this year!

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Dude, I'm from the City, what do I know about pickup trucks, other than nobody here who has them ever hauls anything and you could eat lunch off the bed?

Well, we both just did. But it was in quotes so it's fine.

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I live on the boundary of what can be considered as suburban and rural and very few people here ever hauls anything in them anyways.  It's a macho guy thing and that money could have been better spent on jerseys instead.

3 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I live on the boundary of what can be considered as suburban and rural and very few people here ever hauls anything in them anyways.  It's a macho guy thing and that money could have been better spent on jerseys instead.

That's why I don't have one, I am already too manly for my own good. 

6 minutes ago, joe2heatley said:

Did he give you a price?

No, but I didn't ask. I know they're reasonable, $65-85 typically. As long as I know they're doing them, I know their price will be competitive. 

Spent Christmas and NY in Toronto, mainly downtown, and everyone has one of them trucks or a SUV that's the size of the Starship Enterprise. I just laugh at these vehicles as the MPG is poor and they'd be useless in the UK as you wouldn't be able to park them. As stated money would be better off in Jersey Barons hands. 

14 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

Spent Christmas and NY in Toronto, mainly downtown, and everyone has one of them trucks or a SUV that's the size of the Starship Enterprise. I just laugh at these vehicles as the MPG is poor and they'd be useless in the UK as you wouldn't be able to park them. As stated money would be better off in Jersey Barons hands. 

Parking them in NYC is not much better, unless you're paying $65-75 to garage park it for a few hours. I briefly had a small SUV (I'm outside the city) but between the parking issues and the lower gas mileage (although it was still pretty good for an SUV), it didn't make sense for me.

It did help with my back issues being so high up; its easier to get in and out of an SUV than a standard car.