Getting a game-worn jersey autographed

I'm wondering what everyone thinks of getting a gamer autographed.  What does an autograph do to the value of the jersey?  With any retail jersey, obviously an autograph increases the value.  However, I feel like some collectors might frown upon getting a gamer signed because they feel it takes away the on-ice "feel" of the jersey.  What do you think?

I have the opportunity to get a gamer of mine signed this weekend if I choose to but I'm very torn. I'm actually more on the side of leaving it alone.  I'd like to hear some opinions though before ruling it out.

Most collectors of gamers don't want signatures.

If you don't have a COA, the signature doesn't add any value to anything. I don't think I agree that a signature increases the value of any retail jersey, many of us collectors specifically avoid autographs. It makes it more valuable to autograph collectors, I guess. 

If I were you, I'd leave it alone. 

If you are planning on keeping it and want it signed I say go for it,

if you are trying to add value to sell it down the road I would avoid getting it signed or do like I've heard others do and have the player sign the fight strap, I've also heard of people having the jersey signed on the inside/ back of the crest but I'd be concerned of it bleeding through and making it a total mess. 

Is it not weird to ask a guy to sign the fight strap or inside of the jersey? It's kind of like saying "I want your signature, but only a little". 

You'd better off getting a picture or something else signed, in my opinion. 

i feel like it depends on who it is and if their dead or not. cause if their dead, gonna be a lotta trouble to get it. oww. round the back, jack