How To Cut Up A Jersey for Nameplates?

So I got tired of searching for a white Nike Flo-Knit nameplate, so I bought a youth replica to cut up for a nameplate.

Ideally, I'm going to make a few more and offer them at a small cost to recoup my money.

Does anyone have any advice on how to do this, without losing too much of the jersey in the process (by cutting incorrectly)?

Haha, I should've expected these kind of responses.

My point is I don't think it's easy to simply cut them with scissors and have it be a straight line, but I guess I can give it a shot.

How big of a piece do you need? I cut up a pens pro player authentic a while back for the same reason. I have a few pieces left but I'm not sure how long they are. Might save you having to cut it up if I have a piece long enough.

Ok I'll help you out.  Roughly cut out the pieces from the jersey with scissors.  Buy yourself a long ruler, a rotary cutter, and a big cutting mat with a measurement grid printed on it.  Take the pieces and trim them to whatever size you want on the mat with the ruler and rotary cutter.

Bueno?

43 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

How big of a piece do you need? I cut up a pens pro player authentic a while back for the same reason. I have a few pieces left but I'm not sure how long they are. Might save you having to cut it up if I have a piece long enough.

Would that be the same as the white Nike Flo-Knit? I already bought the youth replica, so I'm pretty much writing that off anyway as the cost of the nameplate.

42 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

Would that be the same as the white Nike Flo-Knit? I already bought the youth replica, so I'm pretty much writing that off anyway as the cost of the nameplate.

From what I've been told here, yes it is the same. I just looked, the longest piece I have left is 14 inches long so it may not matter anyway. I had a few longer pieces but I used or sold them already. If you think that would work I don't mind sending it over to you, it's not going to do me any good anymore.

I hate to hijack this topic but my question isn't worthy of its own topic: what material did the Devils use for their nameplates on the 1.0s? I don't know when I'll be sending it to EPS but I assume it was Edge material.

Funny, just saw this thread and it's very timely. I just bought a jersey for a bit of extra material and planned on cutting up the rest of it for nameplates. See them on ebay all the time so figured I'd try to sell the rest of the materials to recoup some of the costs.

14 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

I hate to hijack this topic but my question isn't worthy of its own topic: what material did the Devils use for their nameplates on the 1.0s? I don't know when I'll be sending it to EPS but I assume it was Edge material.

I cannot say for sure as I don't have/have not seen a 1.0 gamer in person, but I have no reason to believe it would not be Edge material. 

I went on MeiGray, who has a few examples, but my eyes are not good enough to tell me if its Edge. Maybe yours are. 

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=6607116&catLevel=0&scLevel=&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=&catParentID=4542&scId=4542

• 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:02 AM, TheKevinShow said:

Hi, I bought a Devils Edge 1.0 training camp jersey from Meigray recently. It looks like Edge material to me, but here's a close-up shot and you can use it to decide for yourself...

33276542196_27d2395419_b.jpg

It's Edge mesh, but they put the wrong side of the plate facing outwards.