One-off Jerseys from lost match

AParrotLooksAt40

Does anyone else avoid buying one-off jerseys from a match that their team lost, such as Winter Classic or Stadium Series? I'm looking at adding another Hawks 2.0 to my closet but I'm on the fence about buying a 2016 Stadium Series or 2017 Winter Classic due to the disappointing game outcomes. I love the styles, but I kinda see them as marred by the tough losses. Haven't decided yet, but wondering what you addicts generally think on this.

I'm big on one-off jersey styles and think I would buy them even if the Rangers lost (thankfully they have won the WC and SS one-offs). 

I have noticed tha collectors of teams that have lost will usually still get the jersey of a player that at least played well in that game. 

Yeah I'm considering one of the jerseys I mentioned and customizing it and keeping my Hawks home jersey blank and "timeless," even though the actual jersey model certainly represents a period. I'm also looking at a 2015 SC Finals away jersey, which had good results, but I like the idea of having an alternate (different crest and emblem placements) as opposed to just the color change between away and home.

1 hour ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Does anyone else avoid buying one-off jerseys from a match that their team lost, such as Winter Classic or Stadium Series? I'm looking at adding another Hawks 2.0 to my closet but I'm on the fence about buying a 2016 Stadium Series or 2017 Winter Classic due to the disappointing game outcomes. I love the styles, but I kinda see them as marred by the tough losses. Haven't decided yet, but wondering what you addicts generally think on this.

I had a Devils Stadium Series, and I got rid of it for exactly that reason. BUT, the Devils just used their retro jersey, and I already had another. If it was a true one-off jersey rather than the same thing with a patch, I'd have kept it. 

Of course, I am having another SS one made now, so its moot. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I had a Devils Stadium Series, and I got rid of it for exactly that reason. BUT, the Devils just used their retro jersey, and I already had another. If it was a true one-off jersey rather than the same thing with a patch, I'd have kept it. 

Would you have kept it if the team lost instead say 4-3 in OT against the Rangers instead of the 7-3 beatdown?

7 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Nice thing about the Hawks is you have plenty of choices, with all of the outdoor games they've played in.  I just wish they had done something different with the WC this year.  That's the only one I've skipped.

The style is familiar, especially to the 2015 but I really dig the crest on this year's WC jersey. The prices on the 2017 are a lot higher still than others, which may also be a factor. I dig the ribbed neck a lot too.

13 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Would you have kept it if the team lost instead say 4-3 in OT against the Rangers instead of the 7-3 beatdown?

In theory, maybe. It was during one of my "reduce the inventory" modes and I had to decide which retro I was going to keep. The fact that we did so crappy made it easy. 

Had it been a 4-3 OT loss, I probably would not have factored that in as part of my decision making. Would I have still sold it? Based on my track record, I would say anything is possible. 

As a Hawks fan - I just feel the need to own at least one of every style they have worn - and the fact they have played in an outdoor game 4 straight years doesn't really help things.  I was collecting more on the style of jersey I like more than how they played.  For example, I like the 2016 Stadium Series jersey a lot more than the 2014 Stadium Series jersey even thought they won the 2014 game and got crushed in the 2016 game.  So because of liking the style better, I got the 2016 before I got the 2014 jersey.  But regardless - I now own both of them.

BTW, Hockey plays games, soccer plays matches. HAHAHA

Edited by spudrock512

1 minute ago, spudrock512 said:

As a Hawks fan - I just feel the need to own at least one of every style they have worn - and the fact they have played in an outdoor game 4 straight years doesn't really help things.  I was collecting more on the style of jersey I like more than how they played.  For example, I like the 2016 Stadium Series jersey a lot more than the 2014 Stadium Series jersey even thought they won the 2014 game and got crushed in the 2016 game.  So because of liking the style better, I got the 2016 before I got the 2014 jersey.  But regardless - I now own both of them.

See, I would welcome the opportunity to buy four new Devils styles...its all about perspective. 

33 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah if it's weren't for the miserable SS loss in 2016, I'd love to snag that jersey. I like the inclusion on the Chicago stars around the neckline.

2017 WC was hard to watch too but I love that details of that jersey, plus it's white so at least in my mind at this exact moment it could take the place of the away jersey. 

...at this moment...

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

42 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

..and they technically wear sweaters, not jerseys. 

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

We play a game of football, and we have a football match, or go and watch the football match.

I'd probably also say I'm going to watch the ice hockey match.

As for the topic. As a Leafs collector I'd be less inclined to buy a one off if they'd lost the match. Unless a player had a blinder, however there is always rom for a Komarov or Soshikov jersey ;) Unless the jersey is hideous, like this years CC, however I did goto the game, so I might get one, when the prices drop, maybe.

1 minute ago, DJ Rhea said:

We play a game of football, and we have a football match, or go and watch the football match.

I'd probably also say I'm going to watch the ice hockey match.

As for the topic. As a Leafs collector I'd be less inclined to buy a one off if they'd lost the match. Unless a player had a blinder, however there is always rom for a Komarov or Soshikov jersey ;) Unless the jersey is hideous, like this years CC, however I did goto the game, so I might get one, when the prices drop, maybe.

This one sentence sums up my thought process when making a purchase...unless, however, might, maybe. 

I bought a Flyers SS jersey, even though I am 100% positive we will lose.  But, it's a completely new style of jersey, and with the Adidas takeover coming, it's guaranteed to not be recycled in the future (aside from one more game this season).

• 1 month later...

...and after much deliberation, I decided I liked the 2017 WC too much to not get it. Sucks that they got spanked, but I'm stoked to see that retro crest's chain stitching in all its glory.

I'll grab an away jersey at a later time.

Unlike you losers I don't have to worry about this problem because I support a good team that only wins important games like outdoor games.

3 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

I figured.  There aren't a whole lot of places to find them other then him.

That was another reason I went with it. Figured when the funds come in down the road for another one there will be a better chance of snagging an away 2.0 than a WC.

With the exception of the 2014 SS jersey, I've bought them all. I like the different looks, buy the jerseys before the game, and still want to support them.

Of course, I also cut up my 15 and 17 jerseys to create a monstrosity so what do I know. http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?/topic/8069-has-anyone-cut-up-multiple-jerseys-to-create-a-new-one/&do=findComment&comment=188356