EPS Spring Sale 2017

mfitz804

An event of mythic proportions, I felt it worthy of its own thread, so here it is. 

Thus far, we've seen the Facebook hint that a sale should be forthcoming. 

In conversation with Josh from EPS, I was informed today that the sale "will take place sometime in March". 

Not "may", not "should", but will.

I have a grand total of two jerseys waiting, gonna save me a quick $26!!! Still time to add blanks, I suppose. 

Anyhow, we can now use this thread for sale related conversation and the eventual posting of the start of the sale and the necessary code. I have a ton of experience sending them stuff (as do others), so if anyone has questions about them, we can field those too. 

***Disclaimer; I have been accused of being somehow "related" to EPS before, basically just because I talk them up a lot. That is not, has not, and will never be the case. I'm just a Devils fan and they are the Devils' customizer, so it adds up that way. 

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Accused of being related to EPS? WTH? Sounds like it's story time.

No story really, people have half-jokingly assumed I have some affiliation since I am always saying positive things about them. I'm just a satisfied customer!!!

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

No story really, people have half-jokingly assumed I have some affiliation since I am always saying positive things about them. I'm just a satisfied customer!!!

Aw, I was hoping it was angrier than that.

I'm having a hard time finding candidates to send them. Basically, since they don't send you a proof pic of the kit, I'm only comfortable with teams they do professionally or kits I've seen.  I just don't want to go through the hassle of shipping it back if it doesn't turn out.

13 minutes ago, cowboys said:

I will have to see if they have swift nameplate material 

Let me know if they do please. I have a world juniors jersey to send out.

34 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Aw, I was hoping it was angrier than that.

I'm having a hard time finding candidates to send them. Basically, since they don't send you a proof pic of the kit, I'm only comfortable with teams they do professionally or kits I've seen.  I just don't want to go through the hassle of shipping it back if it doesn't turn out.

Sorry, wasn't a great story. If it was I probably would have posted it from the beginning. I love storytelling. 

Last year, when they aborted the sale, I had anywhere between 9 and 15 ready to go. I wound up only doing like 6 of them and selling the rest blank, probably saved me more money than the sale did. 

This year, I have two, potentially three. On three that's saving almost $40 if they do 20%. I wouldn't save 2-3 jerseys for a year, but these are all pretty recent som I can wait a couple weeks. 

35 minutes ago, cowboys said:

I will have to see if they have swift nameplate material 

I have not done a Swift jersey so I don't know the answer to that one. 

Just got 3 back from them today. Time to send another 3 out.

I got a quote from Josh about my North America jersey. $85

Just posted on Facebook:

"The time has finally arrived! SPRING SPECIAL! All packages must be postmarked 03/20/17-04/03/17 with the order form inside with the code: FBSPRING17. No exceptions! The special is for 20% off. We appreciate everything you have sent in and like to use this as a way to thank you for your continued business. Now stop reading this and get your jerseys ready! Thanks!"

Going to have to send mine towards the last couple of days as I don't want it arriving when I am on my honeymoon.

32 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Going to have to send mine towards the last couple of days as I don't want it arriving when I am on my honeymoon.

I am going to send mine towards the last couple of days because I will inevitably buy blank jerseys from 3/20-4/3 and I will want to include those with my order. 

Although, unlike in previous years, the terms of the sale don't seem to limit it to a single order. 

EPS getting some nice TV news coverage in the Rockford, IL media. A cool look behind the scenes:

http://www.mystateline.com/news/made-in-the-stateline-exclusive-pro-sports/665820129

Good to know that EPS will be the official customizer for the Vegas Golden Knights

I sure hope you're right, but I still think it's possible Adidas may provide the kits, and the official team customizers just stitch them onto the jerseys.

21 minutes ago, AlereFlammam said:

That means adidas won't be sublimating the numbers or pre sewing the gamers

14 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I sure hope you're right, but I still think it's possible Adidas may provide the kits, and the official team customizers just stitch them onto the jerseys.

Interesting take, i missed that completely. LAK is correct, though, but I hope they meant they are doing the whole deal like usual. 

If I find pretext to ask Josh from EPS about that, I will. Of course, he probably won't answer at this time. 

When are the Knights slated to debut their unis anyway? Anyone hear anything? The Expansion Draft occurs before the NHL Draft, but hope we don't have to wait till June to see it. I am not expecting too much though...

I am betting that a lot of "fans" will be buying one just because its a new expansion team and because everyone loves Vegas. 

43 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I wouldn't understand why the team in LV would send their jerseys to IL and back just to have pre made kits stitched on when they can just have anybody local do that for them. 

I agree with that, but any letterer should be able to cut a kit as well, so why does a team in Tampa Bay, FL contract with a customizer 3000 miles away in California?