EPS Spring Sale 2017

mfitz804

7 hours ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

EPS getting some nice TV news coverage in the Rockford, IL media. A cool look behind the scenes:

http://www.mystateline.com/news/made-in-the-stateline-exclusive-pro-sports/665820129

Good to know that EPS will be the official customizer for the Vegas Golden Knights

Seeing grannys stitching jerseys gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside...like they're stitched with love. 

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

Seeing grannys stitching jerseys gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside...like they're stitched with love. 

I'm actually surprised that an outfit as large as EPS still stitches things by hand. I see that the twill is laser cut, which saves time and is more exact. But the hand stitching is where it's at ?

4 hours ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

When are the Knights slated to debut their unis anyway? Anyone hear anything? The Expansion Draft occurs before the NHL Draft, but hope we don't have to wait till June to see it. I am not expecting too much though...

I doubt it'll be any earlier than July 1st, as Adidas doesn't take over until then IIRC. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting prepped up for the EPS sale and was wondering if I could get some help with jersey specifications for some of these teams.  It looks like after the 20% off, it will basically be $56.00 per jersey.  Other than the Whalers jersey I list below - the other jerseys are all toss-ups so if you think it is not worth the money, feel free to say so.

1) 1990-91 Hartford Whalers Road Green Jersey - Customized as Ron Francis #10.  99% sure they stacked their numbers and the name is sewn directly to the jersey.

2) 2001-02 San Jose Sharks Road White jersey - Customized as Patrick Marleau #12. Not sure if this should be stacked or reversed kiss-cut.  Name is on a nameplate from what I can tell in pictures.

3) 2005-06 Vancouver Canucks Home Dark Blue - Customized as Ryan Kesler #20 (number he used his rookie year). Again, not sure it is is stacked or reversed kiss-cit.  Name is on a nameplate.  I'm really not sure about this one as I kind of hate Kesler, but I was not a huge fan of anyone on that team during this season.  Value wise, would a Markus Nasland be a better choice? 

4) 2005-06 Florida Panthers Home Dark Blue - Customized as Joe Nieuwendyk #25. Pretty sure these are kiss-cut, and I am pretty sure they started using a nameplate at this time.  This season they still arched the names - the next season I know they went to straight nameplates, but I want the arched one so the 05-06 season it is.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.  I want to make sure I tell EPS the correct way, even though they would probably do it right.  I rather give them too many details, that to not give enough and have them get it wrong.

Thanks!

1)  You are correct.

3)  Pretty sure they did stacked on that design, except for 1997 (or even just a portion of that season).  Those go pretty cheap regardless of player, so I'd get who you want.

4)  I also understand they were kiss cut.  Did they ever not use nameplates?  I swear every picture I've seen had them, but I'm not a Panthers scholar.

11 minutes ago, furiousd said:

4)  I also understand they were kiss cut.  Did they ever not use nameplates?  I swear every picture I've seen had them, but I'm not a Panthers scholar.

I'm probably wrong - was thinking that early on when they switched to the arched names there was a time they were just sewn on.  Regardless, I just verified they did have a nameplate this year.

Yeah me too.  I've got a pretty rare North Dakota Sioux Nike Dazzle jersey that I want to make a Toews.  I've been back and forth with Josh about doing the embroidered WCHA logo from that time frame.  First he said it would be $200 to make one logo, then he said they have them on file for other college teams.  He hasn't got back to me when I asked if those could be done in black for the sioux jersey.  Hopefully he gets back before the sale is over!

Didn't want to start a new thread.  But how good of a job does EPS do in removing glue from an ultrafil jersey?  I want to strip one and send it but I know I'll have glue residue left behind. 

3 hours ago, Hawks2797 said:

Didn't want to start a new thread.  But how good of a job does EPS do in removing glue from an ultrafil jersey?  I want to strip one and send it but I know I'll have glue residue left behind. 

They do a very good job. I have done two Ultrafils that I stripped, the red one came perfect, the white one had such heavy residue I just made it same number, different player. I still wonder how they might have done on the white if I asked. 

Removal of what? I strip my own nameplates/numbers and just let them do the glue. They charge between $5-20 depending how bad it is and how many things they have to try to get it. 

You never really know how much it will be, but I've been charged $5, $10, $15 or $20. They don't just default to $20, which honestly the could. 

I don't remember what they charge to strip a jersey in full, but I know the cleaning of glue is still additional if it's needed. 

Edited by mfitz804

15 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Wow, stripping can get spendy. I can see why you do that part. I like the cleaning step, but it's not for everybody. And if it might only be 5 or 10, you're probably making the smarter decision.

http://exclusivepro.com/products/65/stripping_and_customizing/

I note their website says between $5-$35 for cleaning. I've sent them at least a dozen stripped jerseys (probably more like 18) and I've never been charged more than $20, and that only happened once. $10-15 seems typical. 

Personally, I don't have a place in my house I feel comfortable working on a jersey with chemicals, so I just let them do it. But I'll save the $45 stripping fee by doing it myself. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

They do a very good job. I have done two Ultrafils that I stripped, the red one came perfect, the white one had such heavy residue I just made it same number, different player. I still wonder how they might have done on the white if I asked. 

Well that's comforting.  I have a jersey that I already can tell is cemented down.  No give at all if you pull at the numbers.  

Whoever the joker was that had it decided to stitch the name directly to the jersey no big deal there that will be covered by a nameplate. I am going to put the same numbers back on but the numbers are the incorrect size and I will have at least an inch off glue showing if it can't be removed.  Why people ruin such nice jersey with crap lettering blows my mind!!

8 hours ago, furiousd said:

I just take it out to the back porch, where I'd likely be sitting in the evening anyway. This winter made that impossible, though. It's just now getting warm enough to do a couple I've been waiting on.

I guess I could do it outside. But I also have no desire to do it!

:)

I stripped my jerseys in my bedroom.  Used an ironing board and a fan pointed at the window to exhaust the fumes.  I could barely smell anything while I was working and there was no smell leftover in the room when I was finished.  *shrug*

17 hours ago, furiousd said:

I've got a Panthers Game Issued jersey that doesn't have a nameplate, it's not from the 05/06 season though.

At work so can't post direct evidence, but it looks to me like there's no nameplate on this, for example...

Marty+Reasoner+Florida+Panthers+v+Atlant

18 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

2) 2001-02 San Jose Sharks Road White jersey - Customized as Patrick Marleau #12. Not sure if this should be stacked or reversed kiss-cut.  Name is on a nameplate from what I can tell in pictures.

Can anyone confirm how the sharks did their jersey during this time period?

17 minutes ago, Ash said:

I've got a Panthers Game Issued jersey that doesn't have a nameplate, it's not from the 05/06 season though.

At work so can't post direct evidence, but it looks to me like there's no nameplate on this, for example...

Marty+Reasoner+Florida+Panthers+v+Atlant

But this 07-08 does. Hmm.

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/2007_08_Greg_Campbell_Florida_Panthers_Game_Worn_Jersey_Team_Letter-7329-173.html

At this point (because I don't really care) I'd appeal to the Panther Guy on the board, but I don't think we have one.

The Panthers stopped using nameplates around 2009-10, and hadn't used them since, until this year's new design.

27 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

How long does the EPS sale go for? 

Your package has to be postmarked between 3/20 and 4/3. 

Haha, so many people are gonna have things boxed up and ready on Sunday and then print their labels on Monday.