EPS Spring Sale 2017

mfitz804

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

Haha, so many people are gonna have things boxed up and ready on Sunday and then print their labels on Monday.

I typically wait until the end, in case I get more blanks in the interim. But considering my most recent focus, I don't really see it happening this time.

Which means it definitely will if I send my order Monday. 

I have a message into Josh with these questions, but What is the group's opinion on EPS' ability to properly customize the following outdoor/specialty jerseys from this season: 

* Blues Winter Classic -- think they will have the correct shade of blue Edge material for the nameplate? 

* Maple Leafs Centennial Classic -- can they do the correct nameplate color and correct positioning of back number? 

* Maple Leafs St Pats -- correct materials and positioning? 

Look forward to everyone's thoughts.

Nameplate colors should be no issue, I've never had them tell me they didn't have a material or color with the exception of one burgundy 2002 All Star jersey. 

1 hour ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

I have a message into Josh with these questions, but What is the group's opinion on EPS' ability to properly customize the following outdoor/specialty jerseys from this season: 

* Blues Winter Classic -- think they will have the correct shade of blue Edge material for the nameplate? 

* Maple Leafs Centennial Classic -- can they do the correct nameplate color and correct positioning of back number? 

* Maple Leafs St Pats -- correct materials and positioning? 

Look forward to everyone's thoughts.

The two Leafs jerseys will be tricky.  I haven't seen anybody get the Centennial Classics right and the st pats has so many tiny details that I'd bet every shops kit will differ slightly from what SLC did on them.  

If I were you I'd have SLC do the Leafs jerseys.

14 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

The two Leafs jerseys will be tricky.  I haven't seen anybody get the Centennial Classics right and the st pats has so many tiny details that I'd bet every shops kit will differ slightly from what SLC did on them.  

If I were you I'd have SLC do the Leafs jerseys.

Thanks for the reply TMLFAN. I was thinking the same thing about the two Leafs. Any ballpark on what SLC will charge for those two special styles? 

If I forgot to add the sale code to the order form? Maybe...

EDIT: Good guys EPS just told me to handwrite on the form before sending it in.

Edited by Lumpjaw

In a shocking shift of position, I decided to send my two jerseys in today. 

At first I was planning on waiting to see if I got more blanks. Then I realized, that would probably just lead me to buying more blanks that I don't really need. 

So, I decided if I send what I have, it will keep me from buying unnecessary blanks. 

We'll see if it works. 

I was totally planning on sending mine in, but when I went to box it this morning, I noticed that, in the right light, you can still see some marks from prior stripping. So... not sending it in today.

4 minutes ago, rattlestar said:

Do you guys think the quality of customisation will be worse because of the influx of jerseys they will be receiving? I'm thinking they are going to rush things 

I have sent things in during the sale in previous years and have never noticed a difference in quality. 

The whole reason they have the sale is because this is their slow time. Josh has told me that collectors are about 5% of their business, the other 95% being team orders. So I am not so sure its that large of an influx anyway.

In addition to that, I've never known EPS to rush anything, if it takes 16 weeks to get your stuff done and back to you, they'll take 16 weeks!!

I doubt it.  With customer jerseys, there's no deadline.  If they get busy from the sale, they just take longer to finish all the orders.  I don't think they will spend less time on each jersey.

25 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I doubt it.  With customer jerseys, there's no deadline.  If they get busy from the sale, they just take longer to finish all the orders.  I don't think they will spend less time on each jersey.

And they are very particular about their work as well. One of the reasons they don't like to sell loose kits (although they will) is they don't want someone doing a crap job of sewing them on and then saying that their jersey was done by EPS. Josh himself told me that in a conversation about loose kits. 

40 minutes ago, catofadiferntskn said:

I'm glad some of you all didnt get yours in... that means my 10 are infront of all of you... Win!

I imagine 50+% of their work comes from this forum. I wonder how many jerseys that would be? 

Not in front of mine, they've been there for 8 weeks today. Although I cheated a bit, the spring sale is actually the all year sale if you send in more than 20 jerseys.

11 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

Not in front of mine, they've been there for 8 weeks today. Although I cheated a bit, the spring sale is actually the all year sale if you send in more than 20 jerseys.

Was just thinking of your epic jersey order...cannot wait to see them all. 

50 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Was just thinking of your epic jersey order...cannot wait to see them all. 

Me either, it's taking all my willpower to not email Josh and pester him about how much longer it will be. I'll be patient for now, but if 2 more weeks go by without an invoice I'll be checking in.

I've got EDGE material out for sublimation to match the Blues Winter Classic jersey right now....and it's not going good evidently. It must be harder than previously thought. I had to send the jersey in as well and it's still a hassle to get right.

Someone should buy one, cut it up, and sell it for $30 a plate...I bet you'd double your money.. 

1 hour ago, Brilliant! said:

I've got EDGE material out for sublimation to match the Blues Winter Classic jersey right now....and it's not going good evidently. It must be harder than previously thought. I had to send the jersey in as well and it's still a hassle to get right.

Thanks for this info. Josh replied to my message and said that they can match the Blues WC17 edge material for the plate. What are your thoughts on that answer? 

Hey if they can do it, go for it. Get me one while you're at it, huh?

As far as buying a jersey and cutting it up is concerned though, remember that only the back panel is EDGE material. The rest is air-knit. So, you'd have to get about ten plates out of the back to just break even in your endeavor. History tells me you'd get about six total, depending on what size plate you'd need. The Blues don't exactly have a laundry list of guy with short names either so you'd get like five Tarasenko's out of it and then you'd be $150 in the hole. That's what I call poor business sense.

I have little doubt that EPS can do a good job sublimating the plate, but the question is can they do an accurate job on the lettering?  I don't think they'll make a plate for you unless you have them do the kit as well (or have them do the entire job including the stitching), so it would suck if you got a nice nameplate and an inaccurate lettering job.  On the other hand, you could get a perfect lettering job from Liebe, but they won't give you a nameplate, and they won't make just the kit so you could send it to EPS for them to sublimate the plate and finish the job.  There doesn't seem to be a perfect solution to this unless EPS can somehow make a perfectly accurate kit.

Edited by LAK74

10 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

Hey if they can do it, go for it. Get me one while you're at it, huh?

As far as buying a jersey and cutting it up is concerned though, remember that only the back panel is EDGE material. The rest is air-knit. So, you'd have to get about ten plates out of the back to just break even in your endeavor. History tells me you'd get about six total, depending on what size plate you'd need. The Blues don't exactly have a laundry list of guy with short names either so you'd get like five Tarasenko's out of it and then you'd be $150 in the hole. That's what I call poor business sense.

Yeah but you could sell the airknit ones to people who don't know any better, 'cause the color would still match!

;)