EPS Spring Sale 2017

mfitz804

On 2/22/2017 at 2:07 PM, mfitz804 said:

***Disclaimer; I have been accused of being somehow "related" to EPS before, basically just because I talk them up a lot. That is not, has not, and will never be the case. I'm just a Devils fan and they are the Devils' customizer, so it adds up that way. 

Did anybody see the Congressional hearings yesterday with the FBI and NSA?  They mentioned they were unable to comment on mfitz804's place being bugged but it's more than likely he IS working for or at least supporting EPS.  :P

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, forzzaazzurri said:

Did anybody see the Congressional hearings yesterday with the FBI and NSA?  They mentioned they were unable to comment on mfitz804's place being bugged but it's more than likely he IS working for or at least supporting EPS.  :P

They mentioned a lot for something they were unable to comment about. Typical!!

On 3/20/2017 at 10:07 AM, mfitz804 said:

In a shocking shift of position, I decided to send my two jerseys in today. 

At first I was planning on waiting to see if I got more blanks. Then I realized, that would probably just lead me to buying more blanks that I don't really need. 

So, I decided if I send what I have, it will keep me from buying unnecessary blanks. 

We'll see if it works. 

Postscript: it didn't work, I bought a blank today. 

1 hour ago, furiousd said:

You made it 48 hours, at least. 

Technically I was trying to avoid buying "unnecessary blanks". This one was totally necessary, of course. 

Anyone every have a pre lockout Flyers jersey done by EPS?  Are they accurate on the font?  I know the R's and B's were rectangular pre lockout and the E had longer notches.  Can they duplicate that accuratley?

Rubertis is impossible to get a hold of so thats my next option.

Edited by Hawks2797

We just had a little discussion about that today here:

Are you referring only to the black jersey font?

Yes I am.  2003 Black Koho.  Roenick obviously for me.  I'm in between some say yes and others aren't so sure.  I 'll probably send it to Eps with detailed instructions and pics of a gamer Roenick wore then.  That should be good right??

Some gamers that year had thicker orange layers in the letters.  EPS tends to make that font with thin borders, more like the picture of the Timonen nameplate in JohnnyOnTheSpot's font guide.  I'd just provide your pic and state as specifically as you can what you want.

As I mentioned before, that letter font varied in thickness from set to set.  Take a look at the 2002/03 black Primeau on rob's website:

2405434_orig.jpg

This one has a rather thick orange layer on the letters.  The Roenick one from the picture you posted has a slightly thinner orange layer, although not much thinner.  EPS tends to make this font with a particularly thin outer (orange, in this case) layer, and this is consistent with the Timonen nameplate shown in Johnny's Flyers Font Guide.  Compare the EPS plate to the others below it, and I think you can see what I mean.  The holes in the R and O will probably come out a bit wider on EPS' version compared to the Roenick and especially the Primeau gamer nameplates.  Only you know if this will be acceptable to you or not.

That's ironic.  Like LAK said, we were just discussing these fonts today.  I'm sending EPS two jerseys for the very same reason, and I work 15 minutes from Ruberti's!  From reading Johnny's thread, it sounds like all they can do is the pre-lockout font.  I think Ruberti's tried to make their own fonts post-lockout or something.  Even their black Edge gamers are inconsistent. I have a Briere gamer that has a font that is even slightly different than the pre and post lockout fonts. 

Anyway, I am pretty confident that they will do the font correctly.  I have a black Recchi that after talking with LAK and looking at pics, am pretty sure was done by EPS.  But I got it second-hand, so I have no way of truly knowing, really.

zA25XHQ.jpg

Edited by jsh139

This is the reason I have stopped buying older flyers jerseys ,Josh helped me out the last time and John before that as he went in and told the guy how to do it but know I think ruiberts do not care and just do what they want . I miss John as well (not a man crush ) but he was so good on flyers stuff 

This is the reason I have stopped buying older flyers jerseys ,Josh helped me out the last time and John before that as he went in and told the guy how to do it but know I think ruiberts do not care and just do what they want . I miss John as well (not a man crush ) but he was so good on flyers stuff 

After I get these two jerseys back (and if I'm satisfied) I'll just goto EPS for anything pre-edge Flyers related (except for the orange chrome ones which I know that EPS can't do). Just easier. 

As for them answering the phone, I don't typically have trouble with that. They almost always pick up during business hours. The problem I have is that they don't have the info I need. Only one guy truly has the info and he's never there. You're calling 610-692-7082, right?

As an aside, I'm still looking for a properly customized Flyers orange chrome in size 48 :D (complete with fight strap, lol). 

54 minutes ago, Hawks2797 said:

Be nice if Ruberti's ever answered their phone. I've been calling daily.. and nothing

Even their website isn't working anymore.  I had an e-mail address that used to work, but have no idea if it still does.  PM me if you want it.  Although, like Josh said, the person reading the E-mail might not have the answers you need.

If it's the aol one it still works. Don (the owner) will typically reply. But, he probably won't have the info you need either :( 

Just FYI, I'm not trying to badmouth Ruberti's or dissuade anyone from using them. There really is no substitute for using the original on-ice customizer. And they really do excellent work and your jersey will almost always look like it would have back in the 90s. But there is only one guy left that does the hockey jerseys, and he's retired. I had heard that they were going to hire more help in the future, but I don't know when that will be. 

What I do know is that they do not have white Air-knit for nameplates. And they have an extremely limited amount of orange. I don't know about black. I do not think they have any Flo-knit, but you would have to confirm with them. They do have white and black Edge nameplates, though. At least they did a few months ago. 

Yeah I have everything I would need.  I have the Black Koho Flyers jersey and a black air knit nameplate.  I am calling that number provided above every day multiple times and all I get is that Fax machine type dial tone.

I actually have a black KOHO that I want to get done, and was thinking about maybe using Ruberti's but I'm nervous with them.

Wasn't sure about EPS (I still need to track down some black airknit, unless they have it).

I had noticed the square vs. rectangular holes issue, and wasn't sure how much it would be able to be corrected, even with notes.

@Hawks2797 let me know what you decide and what info you include in your package, because I would actually be doing a Roenick as well.

If EPS has black and orange Flo-Knit, I can't see why they wouldn't have black Air-Knit.  Just email Josh and he'll let you know.  He got back to me within 5 minutes to let me know what they had and what they could do.