EPS Spring Sale 2017

mfitz804

16 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

Well, I'll be able to give you guys an update once I get mine back... it's not a current EPS team, but it's a current font.

When did you send it in?

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

When did you send it in?

It arrived on April 3.

OK, so mine arrived 3/23, 11 days before yours. If yours are done as fast as mine, then you would get your invoice on April 30.  

So we'll be able to judge from that whether they complete them at the same speed, at least during the slow season. 

Mine was received by them on 3/27.  Two jerseys of non-EPS teams with non-current fonts.  Hoping they're done soon.

Edited by jsh139

Ugh, they botched the placement of the Captain's C on mine. It's positioned like it's on an Edge jersey:

E19E7DE6-26BB-465B-91F7-B1EE48AB230F_zps

instead of where it goes:

38A6D74B-C115-430C-BBDA-0309899C4876_zps

Its going back for correction. 

So they're making a habit out if messing up letters now. Cool. They did send me a replacement for my big block and said it was copied off a gamer. It looks good, but if that's the case why did I get the wrong one to begin with? I sent instructions AND pictures...

That one is really bad though.

Edited by JoeM7392

Couldn't be more obvious or more irritating. It's gonna go back shortly, glad I waited 4 weeks to send it right back.

I guess it could have been 12 weeks...

7 hours ago, Hawks2797 said:

You seem to be taking it pretty well. I'd be pretty pissed if they miss an easy detail like that.

Being pissed won't move it. 

I don't understand why they instruct you to be as specific as possible on the order form (and even suggest that you provide measurements and pictures) but then completely ignore said details when customizing.  That is frustrating. 

Do you have to pay for shipping costs both ways again?

36 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I don't understand why they instruct you to be as specific as possible on the order form (and even suggest that you provide measurements and pictures) but then completely ignore said details when customizing.  That is frustrating. 

Do you have to pay for shipping costs both ways again?

I didn't think I needed to be THAT specific, but I'll be including a reminder in the future even though they assured me the issue has been addressed and will not occur again.

When they are correcting something, they don't charge return shipping, but they do expect you to ship it to them at your own cost. I never asked them to cover the charge for returning it to them, but honestly they should.

I'll be piggybacking it with another order, likely in a flat rate box, so it won't really cost me anything but time. And I imagine they will return it the same way. 

Thats a real issue with EPS as they are the so called leading customizer in the field and with years of experience ,I WOULD THINK AFTER ALL THOSE YEARS THEY WOULD KNOW HOW TO OR HAVE IN THERE DATA BASE THE KNOWLEDGE ON HOW TO DO CERTAIN TEAMS AND YEARS OF JERSEYS . 

Not the B U LL S H IT OF SENDING IN PICS AND EVERYTHING for a basic jersey . 

28 minutes ago, cowboys said:

Thats a real issue with EPS as they are the so called leading customizer in the field and with years of experience ,I WOULD THINK AFTER ALL THOSE YEARS THEY WOULD KNOW HOW TO OR HAVE IN THERE DATA BASE THE KNOWLEDGE ON HOW TO DO CERTAIN TEAMS AND YEARS OF JERSEYS . 

I'm finding it to be a recent onset issue. I have sent at least a dozen pre-Edge Devils jerseys, maybe even 2 dozen, and its never been an issue before. Its not that they don't have the knowledge, it seems, but rather that the knowledge isn't getting passed on from the powers that be to the people doing the work.

Either way, it is a problem and I am assured it is being addressed. 

I just got back a jersey that I sent to them before the sale to try to beat the rush. They did a great job on the customization, but I asked for a Reebok wordmark patch to cover the vector logo if they had one. They apparently did, but they only half heat pressed it and forgot to sew it down. I don't have the energy or desire to make an issue of something like that, so I ironed it down well myself and it seems to be holding. If it eventually needs to be sewn, I think I will just have Mike do it. Hopefully it stays fine heat pressed.

2 hours ago, cowboys said:

I guess we shouldn't be surprised.  Even the official team customizers screw things up now and again. 

Just now, jsh139 said:

I guess we shouldn't be surprised.  Even the official team customizers screw things up now and again. 

They are human, it happens. With the amount of stuff I have sent there, I have only had two come back with errors, they were willing to correct both. I'm ok with that. 

2 hours ago, lhg39 said:

I just got back a jersey that I sent to them before the sale to try to beat the rush. They did a great job on the customization, but I asked for a Reebok wordmark patch to cover the vector logo if they had one. They apparently did, but they only half heat pressed it and forgot to sew it down. I don't have the energy or desire to make an issue of something like that, so I ironed it down well myself and it seems to be holding. If it eventually needs to be sewn, I think I will just have Mike do it. Hopefully it stays fine heat pressed.

I am kind of surprised they had the patch to begin with! As I understand it, the pressing and sewing are one by different workers. The one who got it for sewing probably didn't realize that was supposed to be sewn too, because usually they are already on there and they just missed it. I can see how that would happen. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

They are human, it happens. With the amount of stuff I have sent there, I have only had two come back with errors, they were willing to correct both. I'm ok with that. 

I am kind of surprised they had the patch to begin with! As I understand it, the pressing and sewing are one by different workers. The one who got it for sewing probably didn't realize that was supposed to be sewn too, because usually they are already on there and they just missed it. I can see how that would happen. 

Since they are the official customizers for the Hurrricanes, Devils and others they had some. Josh had told me they would put it on for me if they had any left, and apparently they did. That is why I am not going to bother them on it; they did me a favor to begin with and I appreciate it. As is right now I pressed it down pretty good and since the back of the neck area generally doesn't get must jostling I think it will be fine.  It is certainly no worse then the heat pressed only names on stitched name plates on some of the Rangers game worn jerseys.

Edited by lhg39

27 minutes ago, lhg39 said:

Since they are the official customizers for the Hurrricanes, Devils and others they had some. Josh had told me they would put it on for me if they had any left, and apparently they did. That is why I am not going to bother them on it; they did me a favor to begin with and I appreciate it. As is right now I pressed it down pretty good and since the back of the neck area generally doesn't get must jostling I think it will be fine.  It is certainly no worse then the heat pressed only names on stitched name plates on some of the Rangers game worn jerseys.

You could really bring that to your local tailor and just ask them to zigzag stitch it, too. They might even do it while you wait.

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You could really bring that to your local tailor and just ask them to zigzag stitch it, too. They might even do it while you wait.

Not my tailor!  If need be in Mike I trust.

3 minutes ago, lhg39 said:

Not my tailor!  If need be in Mike I trust.

He knows his sh!t, that's for sure. 

My order that I shipped off on 2/8 was finished on Monday and is on its way back now. It's three non-current teams that EPS never did the on-ice jerseys for, so just under three months for those. I'm sure that my Spring Sale order, which was five non-current teams (some of which EPS did in the past) and was shipped off on 3/28, will probably be done in late June or early July. I'm in no rush.

On 4/20/2017 at 4:03 PM, mfitz804 said:

OK, so mine arrived 3/23, 11 days before yours. If yours are done as fast as mine, then you would get your invoice on April 30.  

So we'll be able to judge from that whether they complete them at the same speed, at least during the slow season. 

3b4.png

Yeah, no word on mine either.  Also still waiting on some Meigray pre-order jerseys.  Every day I think, "Today is the day!", and then I'm sadly disappointed.