EPS Spring Sale 2017

mfitz804

This is the time of year I don't care, because the odds of me wearing them before mid to late October (other than for an occasional game, but clearly I have others in the interim) are pretty slim. 

Truth be told, my collection's big enough that I can just wait however long it takes. 

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

This is the time of year I don't care, because the odds of me wearing them before mid to late October (other than for an occasional game, but clearly I have others in the interim) are pretty slim. 

Truth be told, my collection's big enough that I can just wait however long it takes. 

I can wait, but you know what Tom Petty said is very true.

He lost me when he did that one video where he was dancing with a girl's corpse. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sent my package to EPS on 4/6 (yeah I missed the sale as I thought it ended that week) and got the invoice today.  Exactly 2 months.  Can't wait to get it back!

Got a red Devils size 54 ultrafil made into a Peluso.

Hopefully I get mine soon, but my order was larger than most of the others here (5 jerseys) and only one of them is a jersey that EPS did the on-ice versions of. No current jerseys, though.

On 6/6/2017 at 9:57 AM, TheKevinShow said:

Hopefully I get mine soon, but my order was larger than most of the others here (5 jerseys) and only one of them is a jersey that EPS did the on-ice versions of. No current jerseys, though.

I just got my email, so about 2 1/2 months. Not bad for a larger-than-my-usual order. 

Also, it turns out that the discount does apply to patches. My total discount was $81.30, which was 20% of 3x$85, $75 and $70 plus one patch at $6.50.

Edited by TheKevinShow

Package on the way! 11 weeks for 1 complete customization and 2 name additions. The discount offset the shipping.

I really commend those of you who have the fortitude to wait until the sale before sending your jerseys in. I've tried, just can't do it. 

On 6/9/2017 at 8:32 PM, mfitz804 said:

I really commend those of you who have the fortitude to wait until the sale before sending your jerseys in. I've tried, just can't do it. 

Yeah. I can wait a month or two, but I am not waiting a year just to save $16 or so.

8 minutes ago, lhg39 said:

Yeah. I can wait a month or two, but I am not waiting a year just to save $16 or so.

Yup, I'm the same way. The one time I tried to wait 6 months, I amassed 15 jerseys, changed my mind about most of them, and then they didn't do the sale that year. I think I wound up customizing 6 of them and selling the others. 

On 6/9/2017 at 5:32 PM, mfitz804 said:

Well, given that I now have only one $85 jersey to be customized and my other three $85s are done, I can probably do it on its own as part of one of my usual three-jersey orders.

That being said, I'm trying to get at least one jersey from each team customized, and even though the list of teams remaining is quite short (12 if you include All-Star jerseys) I imagine that it'll probably be around Spring Sale time next year that I'll send it off.

6 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

Well, given that I now have only one $85 jersey to be customized and my other three $85s are done, I can probably do it on its own as part of one of my usual three-jersey orders.

That being said, I'm trying to get at least one jersey from each team customized, and even though the list of teams remaining is quite short (12 if you include All-Star jerseys) I imagine that it'll probably be around Spring Sale time next year that I'll send it off.

I honestly didn't understand any of this other than that you're waiting for Spring. 

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I honestly didn't understand any of this other than that you're waiting for Spring. 

?

As my (now late) father once said, later in life, about planning an Alaska trip.............."I could be dead by then......"

I have two (or three, depending on how a current Ebay auction goes) jerseys that need EPS customization.  Pretty sure I couldn't last 10+ months.  Like Fitz said, I commend you.  I am weaker than that.

10 hours ago, LetsGoCaps said:

As my (now late) father once said, later in life, about planning an Alaska trip.............."I could be dead by then......"

I have two (or three, depending on how a current Ebay auction goes) jerseys that need EPS customization.  Pretty sure I couldn't last 10+ months.  Like Fitz said, I commend you.  I am weaker than that.

It is a cost/time/value proposition for me. Anything that waits for next year's sale is not coming back until around this time next year. So the question is am I willing to wait a year to save $XX. Unless XX is a really large number the answer is no. To me that is like waiting for a hot new movie to make it to HBO rather than seeing it in the theater. How many of you who are Star Wars fans are waiting for Rogue One to hit cable tv? I will bet not many. That is about how much you are saving in your jersey.

The only waiting I do is I wait until I have at least two to send in. Makes the postage cost make more sense, plus then my total due is over $99 and I can throw it on PayPal Credit with six months to pay if I don't have the cash handy the day the invoice comes. Not that I wait six months, but I could if I felt like it. 

14 hours ago, redwingsdownunder said:

@LetsGoCaps I'm curious as to why that image is your avi

Spent 5 years in Australia.  Became a big League fan.  As you may know, that's a classic photo from Origin 1999.  Gorden Tallis and Terry Hill, face to face.

1 hour ago, LetsGoCaps said:

Spent 5 years in Australia.  Became a big League fan.  As you may know, that's a classic photo from Origin 1999.  Gorden Tallis and Terry Hill, face to face.

Thought that may have been the case. Recognised the photo instantly hence my query.

I very occasionally see someone in an NHL jersey down here, it's rare though.

7 minutes ago, redwingsdownunder said:

Thought that may have been the case. Recognised the photo instantly hence my query.

I very occasionally see someone in an NHL jersey down here, it's rare though.

I was in Alice Springs.  I once saw an Aboriginal woman wearing a Sweden hockey jersey.  Talk about random.

You speak the truth.