EPS Spring Sale 2017

mfitz804

9 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

So bizarre.  Maybe ask Josh if you can just use Paypal directly?  Pay them from within Paypal's site and reference your invoice #.

That's what I just asked him. He told me I could call and pay by card, but that doesn't help me with the money in my PayPal account.

I just went back and can access all of my previous invoices and get to the PayPal part no issue. This is a standard Josh thing where he doesn't want to admit he might, just possibly, be wrong/actually at fault for an issue. I sent a very kindly worded email and I'm fully prepared to get some snarky reply back.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

This sale was very short. I, of course, now have 3-4 additional blanks I want to do that I'll pay full price for. 

Thankfully I only had 1 to send in, so in the end I am just going to pay $13 more than I would have if I sent it last week.  If I had multiples I would probably be more upset.

Just odd how I had it in my mind that it was ending on the 10th.  Not sure where that came from.

2 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Thankfully I only had 1 to send in, so in the end I am just going to pay $13 more than I would have if I sent it last week.  If I had multiples I would probably be more upset.

Just odd how I had it in my mind that it was ending on the 10th.  Not sure where that came from.

Luckily you're the Monopoly guy and you can swing the extra $13. Only cretins need discounts!!

Plus you won $10 as a second prize in a beauty contest, so the difference is just about covered. 

Wow, that was a mess. Turns out the invoice amount was too much I guess? They split it up into 2 invoices, and after like 3 revisions to get them correct it's all done. What a complete pain in the butt.

Oh and in case anybody likes to keep tabs on this stuff, 24 jerseys took 72 days from delivery at EPS to invoice recieved.

Edited by JoeM7392

Sent a few jerseys literally at the 11th hour Monday night and wanted to reconfirm the customization specs.

1994 Eastern Conference All-Stars - Layered. Black name and numbers with gray outline. Teal nameplate. 

1996 WCOH USA Blue - Layered. Blue nameplate. White numbers with red and blue outline on arms. White numbers with blue and red outline on back.

1999 World All Star - Layered. White nameplate. Blue numbers with white and blue outline on back. White numbers with blue and white outline on back. 

1999 New York Rangers White ProPlayer - Arched name. No nameplate. Layered name and numbers blue with red drop shadow. 

2004 Vintage Blue New York Rangers - No nameplate. Blue numbers on arms. White name and numbers on back.

42 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Luckily you're the Monopoly guy and you can swing the extra $13. Only cretins need discounts!!

Plus you won $10 as a second prize in a beauty contest, so the difference is just about covered. 

That helped, but it was recently negated as I just finished my taxes last night and I owe either 10% or $200.

28 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

Wow, that was a mess. Turns out the invoice amount was too much I guess? They split it up into 2 invoices, and after like 3 revisions to get them correct it's all done. What a complete pain in the butt.

Oh and in case anybody likes to keep tabs on this stuff, 24 jerseys took 72 days from delivery at EPS to invoice recieved.

That's just gonna make everyone wonder why they're not getting an invoice after 3 days (which is what 72/24 works out to)... lol

41 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

That helped, but it was recently negated as I just finished my taxes last night and I owe either 10% or $200.

I hope you get to pass Go soon. 

1 hour ago, JoeM7392 said:

32 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

That's just gonna make everyone wonder why they're not getting an invoice after 3 days (which is what 72/24 works out to)... lol

The funny part is, if you sent in one jersey instead of 24, it still probably would have been the same 72 days. 

20 hours ago, Zeshy25 said:

Sent a few jerseys literally at the 11th hour Monday night and wanted to reconfirm the customization specs.

1994 Eastern Conference All-Stars - Layered. Black name and numbers with gray outline. Teal nameplate. 

1996 WCOH USA Blue - Layered. Blue nameplate. White numbers with red and blue outline on arms. White numbers with blue and red outline on back.

1999 World All Star - Layered. White nameplate. Blue numbers with white and blue outline on back. White numbers with blue and white outline on back. 

1999 New York Rangers White ProPlayer - Arched name. No nameplate. Layered name and numbers blue with red drop shadow. 

2004 Vintage Blue New York Rangers - No nameplate. Blue numbers on arms. White name and numbers on back.

I can only speak to the Eastern All-star.  I had a Lindros done by Keener.

I saw some pics of gamers (here is a good example with a closeup of the rear number - https://www.classicauctions.net/mobile/lotdetail.aspx?inventoryid=136989&seo=adam_oates__1994_nhl_all_star_game_eastern_confere) and it is as you described.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing.  I sent my order in almost a month before the sale, so I get no discount and a longer wait!  :(

Mine was Sent in March 20. So I guess they had it a few days shorter than a month.

LAK, what did you send? Both of mine were current fonts, which they do turn around faster. 

2 2017 ASG's, 2 WCOHs, 3 ASG's from 2001/11/12, and an older (1998) Blues.  I'm not really complaining or anything, it should still be a pretty quick turnaround (knock on wood), and it's a fairly big order so I get that it would take longer than a 2-piece current order.  I was just hoping to beat the massive Spring Sale rush!

5 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

2 2017 ASG's, 2 WCOHs, 3 ASG's from 2001/11/12, and an older (1998) Blues.  I'm not really complaining or anything, it should still be a pretty quick turnaround (knock on wood), and it's a fairly big order so I get that it would take longer than a 2-piece current order.  I was just hoping to beat the massive Spring Sale rush!

I don't know about your prior experiences with them, but in mine, anything older usually results in a full 12 weeks of waiting. And I am more often in the position of sending in older stuff than newer, but as the Devils font hasn't changed in years (minus some subtle differences when Custom Crafted was doing them), the change in nameplate material doesn't seem to occasion any such delay. 

Older All Stars, however, always seem to. 

In any event, hope they get yours done soon. 

Well... I sent in one jersey, that's a current font, and it got there on April 3.

So I got a few more weeks to wait still in all likelihood. But that's nice to hear about current fonts.

Is it any team's current fonts that get done more quickly, or just the current fonts of the teams for which EPS is the official customizer?  It seems to me that when it's time to cut the kits, it shouldn't take any longer to pull up an older font on the laser cutting program than a current one.  Now if EPS had pre-cut letters and numbers in current fonts ready to go, I could see why the turnaround time would be much quicker, but would they really have these available for every single team?  Seems to me it would be more likely they would have them for only for the teams they service.  Do any of you routinely receive current jerseys of non-EPS teams within say, a month instead of the normal 3 month period?  Just curious.

11 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Is it any team's current fonts that get done more quickly, or just the current fonts of the teams for which EPS is the official customizer?  It seems to me that when it's time to cut the kits, it shouldn't take any longer to pull up an older font on the laser cutting program than a current one.  Now if EPS had pre-cut letters and numbers in current fonts ready to go, I could see why the turnaround time would be much quicker, but would they really have these available for every single team?  Seems to me it would be more likely they would have them for only for the teams they service.  Do any of you routinely receive current jerseys of non-EPS teams within say, a month instead of the normal 3 month period?  Just curious.

That's actually a good point.

I've never been able to figure this out, because I rarely order current jerseys of EPS teams, or if I do, they are mixed in with older stuff so I have to wait the whole 3 months anyway.  Of all the many orders I've placed, the only one I ever received quickly (a month, iirc) was a very small order that contained a current Penguins jersey.  But of course, the Penguins have never been an EPS team, so I'm not sure if it's the team, the currentness of the font, or the size of the order that most influences the turnaround time.

In fairness, I haven't sent a current jersey of a non-EPS team in its own order either. But in conversations I've had with Josh, my impression is it's only their own teams they get done faster, probably because they have some stuff pre-cut like you said. 

Well, I'll be able to give you guys an update once I get mine back... it's not a current EPS team, but it's a current font.