Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Dude_Abides

Goalie Masks

15 posts in this topic

Not jersey related, but I've got a small collection of goalie masks going. Just thought I'd share. 

All of my masks were professionally air brushed by artist Frank Cipra. Frank has painted many NHL goalie masks in his career including Curtis Joseph's original Cujo the Dog mask. 

20170225065440_IMG_9693-1_zpsltvlchip.jp

20170225065426_IMG_9692-1_zpsmkjzdbts.jp

20170225065453_IMG_9694-1_zps8j2qz4dd.jp

20170225065225_IMG_9688-1_zpsc2geupfv.jp

20170225065411_IMG_9691-1_zpspdba1xgs.jp

20151118_164030-1_zpsjfzctgsm.jpg

20151118_164046-1_zpsjjaksl9a.jpg

20170225065537_IMG_9695-1_zps45cpufxx.jp

Edited by The_Dude_Abides
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You got 15 years of Maple Leafs goaltending covered right there.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Belfour's eagle mask was the coolest thing in the world when I was a kid. I guess my opinion hasn't changed much, either.

Edited by furiousd
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I thought Belfour's eagle mask was the coolest thing in the world when I was a kid. I guess my opinion hasn't changed much, either.

You're absolutely right. It's my favorite one by far. I've wanted thst mask since I was a wee lad. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TMLFAN said:

You got 15 years of Maple Leafs goaltending covered right there.

Never thought of it that way. That's awesome! 

I would have killed to have one of Eddies Leafs game worn masks when he auctioned them all off a few months ago. 

Would have been so sick. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Brodeur??

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

No Brodeur??

YET give it time 

   Great looking stuff for the man cave 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

No Brodeur??

I do have one but it's not worth showing. It's just a wall hanger. Wrong shell, hand painted with brushes...lol. Not my proudest purchase. It's basically good for road hockey. 

A Brodeur is next on the agenda. I need to order a shell and get the ball rolling at some point. 

Edited by The_Dude_Abides
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2017 at 8:56 PM, The_Dude_Abides said:

Not jersey related, but I've got a small collection of goalie masks going. Just thought I'd share. 

All of my masks were professionally air brushed by artist Frank Cipra. Frank has painted many NHL goalie masks in his career including Curtis Joseph's original Cujo the Dog mask. 

20170225065440_IMG_9693-1_zpsltvlchip.jp

20170225065426_IMG_9692-1_zpsmkjzdbts.jp

20170225065453_IMG_9694-1_zps8j2qz4dd.jp

20170225065225_IMG_9688-1_zpsc2geupfv.jp

20170225065411_IMG_9691-1_zpspdba1xgs.jp

20151118_164030-1_zpsjfzctgsm.jpg

20151118_164046-1_zpsjjaksl9a.jpg

20170225065537_IMG_9695-1_zps45cpufxx.jp

That is some nice Norris division matchups, even if that CUJO is more central division. Pretty awesome nonetheless 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks man. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 4:13 PM, cowboys said:

YET give it time 

   Great looking stuff for the man cave 

 

Thanks buddy. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They look great.

Just out of curiosity, what helmets are they underneath? The joseph one with the round side / chin vents looked like a Bauer NME3 to me, but I'm not so sure - as for the other two with the triangular vents..?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ash said:

They look great.

Just out of curiosity, what helmets are they underneath? The joseph one with the round side / chin vents looked like a Bauer NME3 to me, but I'm not so sure - as for the other two with the triangular vents..?

I would say it's a 961 on the Cujo and the other two are Harrison's.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2017 at 7:38 AM, Ash said:

They look great.

Just out of curiosity, what helmets are they underneath? The joseph one with the round side / chin vents looked like a Bauer NME3 to me, but I'm not so sure - as for the other two with the triangular vents..?

You are correct. The Cujo is a current, off the shelf Bauer pro spec shell and cage. 

According to my buddy that's been helping me put these together, the same mould was used to make the original 90's Itechs. 

Frank removed or painted over the Bauer logos and added the Itech logos. 

The Potvin shell is a hand made composite replica made from a mould of an original. 

As far as I know, the Belfour was made the same way. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very interesting - and really intricate works. I had a look at Cipra's website, most of his designs are really impressive, but there's one or two in the gallery there that show that goalies are often somewhat eccentric...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0