Classic Auctions Inc. Upcoming Auction...For Noobs.

The_Dude_Abides

12 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

It's also what the entire Devils team has been saying for most of this season.

Indeed. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

Yah, I was going to go for the 1992 Yzerman AS game worn. But I backed out after some help from a member. He found another auctuon listing from the past, another 92 Yzerman AS game worn...different jersey signed in a different spot. 

I'm no expert but I'm assuming they didn't wear multiple sets in an AS game back then...correct me if I'm wrong. 

Also, the story in the description was..."got it from a guy who knew a guy who worked for the NHL" 

Just had a bad feeling. 

Don't know about 92 but I know they were doing 4 sets as early as 96.

One auction for a 92 said it was worn for one period only.

11 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Can we coin the phrase "tampon jersey" for that??

To correct my earlier statement, I was somewhat interested in the Devils inaugural year MacMillin gamer until another collector declared that he was going to go all out to get it.  Still ended up way lower than I expected and was only a little more than I paid for my inaugural year Devils of a nobody.

A lot of the Devils went for under recent prices I have seen them for.  That 02-03 Gomez ended up at about $387 after hammer and with shipping a little over $400.  That is still far less than I paid for my 01-02 red photomatched Gomez gamer.  That Henrique 10-11 Albany Gamer was a good steal at about $319 after hammer when his 12-13 Albany lockout year gamer were something like $1000-1200 on Meigray recently.

I got myself Adam Henrique Windsor Spitfires and T.J Brodie Saginaw Spirit gamers. 

I like the idea of collecting minor league jerseys of NHLers. I think I've found my niche for game worn jerseys. 

Both the jerseys I bought have a local connection. I live in the Windsor region and T.J is from Chatham Ontario, right down the road from where I'm moving to in July. 

My father in law told me he has a summer home literally walking distance from my house...Pretty nifty. 

Edited by The_Dude_Abides

34 minutes ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

I like the idea of collecting minor league jerseys of NHLers.

Same here I have been trying to find a Daniel Winnik Leafs jersey.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Can we coin the phrase "tampon jersey" for that??

Omg...  :blink:  I'm gonna need an "mfitz filter" to screen my posts before I make them!

So anyone here get any of the Lindros stuff from this classic auction?

I need names and addresses.

By the way......how did the press conference jersey nearly (by a few bucks) fetch the most out of all the jersey lots in the Lindros collection?

21 minutes ago, guam64 said:

Snap...

2 hours ago, LAK74 said:

There ya go. 

2 hours ago, guam64 said:

Don't know about 92 but I know they were doing 4 sets as early as 96.

Seeing a serious post from Guam is like watching a dog walk on two legs.  Just weird.

21 minutes ago, guam64 said:

There ya go.

1 hour ago, HockeyMusic said:

So anyone here get any of the Lindros stuff from this classic auction?

I need names and addresses.

By the way......how did the press conference jersey nearly (by a few bucks) fetch the most out of all the jersey lots in the Lindros collection?

I was wondering the same thing. That is insane money for a jersey he put on and answered a few questions in.  Who knows, maybe he wore it around the house a little too :P

I got the Albany Henrique jersey, still pretty amazed it stayed as low as it did. I was fully expecting to be outbid when the auction kept going into the night, but it was left alone and I got it. Very happy about that.

3 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

Seeing a serious post from Guam is like watching a dog walk on two legs.  Just weird.

There ya go.

lsWPzG9.gif?noredirect

59 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

I got the Albany Henrique jersey, still pretty amazed it stayed as low as it did. I was fully expecting to be outbid when the auction kept going into the night, but it was left alone and I got it. Very happy about that.

Nice grab!  Not sure why that didn't go higher, but in the end it doesn't matter lol.

I should have gone in for that USA Nylander with the Fishman memorial patch. It figures that I'm drinking TONIGHT and not last night. Dammit.

1 minute ago, Brilliant! said:

I should have gone in for that USA Nylander with the Fishman memorial patch. It figures that I'm drinking TONIGHT and not last night. Dammit.

Better settle for tinder. 

Hey fellas. Anyone have the wire transfer bank info for Classic? I've been trying to get ahold of Debbie and she won't answer my emails. It's almost as if they don't want to get paid...

If anyone can help, please shoot me a PM. 

Thanks guys. 

3 hours ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

Hey fellas. Anyone have the wire transfer bank info for Classic? I've been trying to get ahold of Debbie and she won't answer my emails. It's almost as if they don't want to get paid...

If anyone can help, please shoot me a PM. 

Thanks guys. 

You can give them a call during office hours, too. I've done that before.

• 8 months later...

Perhaps not the best place for this (I didn’t want to create a new thread), but has anybody who won something from the latest Gameworn auction received a shipping notice or even a payment status update?  They are usually fairly quick about this, but my payment should have been received a week ago, and there’s still not even a change in status from “Pending.”  Just curious.