2017-2018 New Jersey Watch

Hollywood Cannon

If they're still planning to use the NHL100th patch at the beginning of 2017/18, that would be 2 league patches on each jersey.  Some teams' jerseys may look awfully cluttered!

17 hours ago, LAK74 said:

If they're still planning to use the NHL100th patch at the beginning of 2017/18, that would be 2 league patches on each jersey.  Some teams' jerseys may look awfully cluttered!

the NHL was pretty dumb to use the 100th patch for 2 half seasons... Back in 1992, they used the 75th patch for 1 full season and then in 1993 they used the 100th Stanley Cup patch, which made the jerseys much less cluttered obviously.. Don't understand why they didn't follow the 92/93 patch plan again.. 

And neither patch has any color to it, so they may look rather drab together.

9 hours ago, LAK74 said:

And neither patch has any color to it, so they may look rather drab together.

true

Adidas plans to sell CCM hockey brand http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/adidas-plans-to-sell-ccm-hockey-brand/article34237314/

The Sport maska facility where they make reebok/CCM jerseys today is in Quebec. The wcoh adidas jerseys were made there too. 

I wonder if this means they sell this facility too - which could mean authentic production moves overseas. 

Speculation on my part but that's what I got out of the article. 

In reading the full article, especially the quotes from CCM's President, I would agree with TMLFan's point of view -- that factory in Montreal is a key asset to CCM, so no matter who buys CCM the company, the factory will likely continue to serve its role as the producer of their professional grade jerseys for the NHL, AHL and the like. 

That said, whether they chose to offer a professional grade jersey equivalent to retailers, including our friend, the Baron, like they do at present, is a different question altogether.

CCM's President, Philippe Dube, mentioned that Adidas gave them a long leash of autonomy, so all we can hope is it remains that way once CCM finds a new parent company. They appear to be doing better than Bauer has been, given Bauer's financial struggles, bankruptcy and lower-than-expected selling price and the fact that CCM is gaining market share in key categories. Hopefully that translates to similar pro-grade jersey products for us, and not taking a step backwards and trying an experiment similar to the Indo-Edge faux "authentic" product that apparently did not perform well financially. 

Take this for what it's worth but, I was recently at Great Plains Cresting (customizer of the Flames) picking up some name bars, and I asked the lady who worked there if the Flames were making any jersey changes for next season with the Adidas/Reebok switch.  She said they would be, but still finalizing the design.

On 3/8/2017 at 4:30 AM, AlereFlammam said:

I wonder if this means they sell this facility too - which could mean authentic production moves overseas. 

Adidas has a facility in Indiana that is identical in nature to the Quebec facility.  They can knit any polyester fabric, cut, sew, sublimate, laser anything that the Quebec facility could do.

14 minutes ago, JunkyardAthletic said:

Adidas has a facility in Indiana that is identical in nature to the Quebec facility.  They can knit any polyester fabric, cut, sew, sublimate, laser anything that the Quebec facility could do.

And the finished product won't smell like maple syrup!

5186B3A3-7CE3-4366-A3DF-8FA4897F725E.png

23 hours ago, JunkyardAthletic said:

With shittier Quality Control. 

I never had an issue with anything coming from the Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu facility. We trusted it so much that only one employee had to sign off on stuff from there.

Stuff from the one in Indianapolis was always checked by two (or more) employees. In my last few months working for the team shop, every single shipment from SLD had some items that were messed up and should not have passed QC checks. We had so much stuff waiting on RMAs from them, that we made a section in the warehouse just for it.