Replica or IndoEdge... would you?

rattlestar

I figured it might be interesting to see the general consensus here! Considering we are all so particular about our GW and authentics! 

What percentage of your collection are replicas. Would you consider the thought of getting indoedges for your collection?  

When I first started collecting, I didn't know any better so I owned quite a large number of replicas (CCM/KOHO). Those jerseys are nostalgic for me so I have no problem having them as part of my collection. The quality, IMO, was just so much better as well. I find my replica collection dwindling since RBK took over. The sublimated/printed shoulder patches and the size tag on the front kills it for me. Although it's odd because have the size tag on basketball and football jerseys and those don't bother me as much? DOUBLE STANDARDS? ? Possibly because it's always been that way For as long as I can remember? 

Some days though I do find it difficult to wear an authentic because I want to keep it in mint condition. It's these moments where I whip out the replicas. Thoughts? 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on the sport. Try putting on a player issue Puma soccer jersey. It's worse than Under Armour. I made the mistake of buying one a while back in a size XL.

irca20141aPumaFitPremierLeague-vi.jpg

That's an XL. It's about 21" across the chest and there are sticky ridges inside of both the front and back panels that are supposed to keep the shirt in place on the body. Fine for running up and down the field but not fine for regular wearing. I have found that A LOT of replica soccer jerseys are vastly superior to the genuine product.

I'd do an Indo if it were super cheap and I didn't feel like investing a ton of money in a jersey of the player I was after...like a rookie, a yet unproven guy, that would be perfect for a cheap Indo. 

I only own one replica and it was player worn during a game warm-up ? 

As for keeping your jerseys in decent shape, theres an easy solution: just buy more jerseys. Then you can share the wear across many! ?

2 hours ago, rattlestar said:

What percentage of your collection are replicas. Would you consider the thought of getting indoedges for your collection?  

0%

Short answer: no.

Long answer: nooooo.

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

As for keeping your jerseys in decent shape, theres an easy solution: just buy more jerseys. Then you can share the wear across many! ?

This is true. Despite that, I still have a few that I haven't been able to bring myself to wear because they're just too dang mint.

I've owned a few replicas, but I sold them. It'll probably stay that way. I might consider a 550 in the future for an authentic that's impossible to find. No Premiers, and no Indos.

3 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

It depends on the sport. Try putting on a player issue Puma soccer jersey. It's worse than Under Armour. I made the mistake of buying one a while back in a size XL.

irca20141aPumaFitPremierLeague-vi.jpg

That's an XL. It's about 21" across the chest and there are sticky ridges inside of both the front and back panels that are supposed to keep the shirt in place on the body. Fine for running up and down the field but not fine for regular wearing. I have found that A LOT of replica soccer jerseys are vastly superior to the genuine product.

I'm an avid "football" shirt collector as well. More so England and Arsenal shirts. I totally know what you mean about the recent generation of player issue pumas. It makes it unwearable as a fan. I'm also not that convinced about this ACTV tape etc. I love the fitting of 2012+ nikes though but their designs are so bland and boring these days. They basically use the same template for each team and change the colour scheme. 

my favourite Arsenal kit. 

Edited by rattlestar

The only replica I've ever owned was an Avs starter from the 90's. Even when I started collecting back then I'd only get authentics (usually what I asked my parents for on Christmas as a kid). I have one indo in my collection now, but I got it super cheap and it's tiny (only 44 I've ever come across) so it's for my girlfriend. I have been looking for a 2014 Hawks WC premier since that's one jersey I refuse to buy authentic. If I find one for the right price I'll add it to my collection. 

The only replica I own is the Ducks Wild Wing jersey since they didn't make the authentic jerseys for purchase.  I would probably get the Burger King replica jersey for the same reason.  But that is it.  I bought a Indo jersey once, but it was made so crappy I sold it on eBay almost immediately. When I first stared collecting, I bought replicas, but once I got my first authentic jersey, I sold all my replicas and never went back.I am now like everyone else on this board - authentic, or nothing.

That is where I find mine.....and on eBay.

Comes in handy since they have a section of their site dedicated to AC Milan

3 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

I have one indo in my collection now, but I got it super cheap and it's tiny (only 44 I've ever come across) so it's for my girlfriend.

You mean until the next one, right?  :thumbsup:

18 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I'd do an Indo if it were super cheap and I didn't feel like investing a ton of money in a jersey of the player I was after...like a rookie, a yet unproven guy, that would be perfect for a cheap Indo. 

To clarify my position, if I could obtain a $20 Indo Devils as referred to above, I'd get a Miles Wood jersey just because I think that dude is hysterical. All in at $85, I would do it. $250 + $65 to customize, not so much. 

3 hours ago, LAK74 said:

You mean until the next one, right?  :thumbsup:

This current one is a keeper so far so who knows what'll happen! 

6 hours ago, DJ Rhea said:

Out of interest where do you find your player issue football shirts?

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/#

Here I'm guessing.

Yup. They have a lot of good stuff there. You should check out their warehouse tour on youtube. Its pretty amazing. 

For current kits I normally use kitbag, soccer.com, or worldsoccershop. I would probably advise any collector to just until the season's end because everything goes on sale then. Its almost pointless to buy it at the start of the season at full price. The kits change every year almost so they have to release their stock. 

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

To clarify my position, if I could obtain a $20 Indo Devils as referred to above, I'd get a Miles Wood jersey just because I think that dude is hysterical. All in at $85, I would do it. $250 + $65 to customize, not so much. 

its okay. You didn't have to defend your answer. No one was judging you ;)

3 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

This current one is a keeper so far so who knows what'll happen! 

So they earn that privilege to get that authentic jersey eh? Start her on the indo edge haha  

Well, not even JB bothers to carry Coyotes road 2.0's, so if you want something better than a Premier, what choice have you got, right?  :)

6 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Well, not even JB bothers to carry Coyotes road 2.0's, so if you want something better than a Premier, what choice have you got, right?  :)

Poor life of a coyotes fan: Never sure if the team is gonna stay. Bottom dwellers with the exception of a few years. Just to top it off, forced to wear indo edge. :D

Edited by rattlestar

50 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Heh, yeah that's definitely true, especially in a size 50. Detroit Hockey Co has gamers in the new style, but no luck below 54.