Replica or IndoEdge... would you?

rattlestar

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, rabinsurance said:

For the record, I've posted on this site many times that I think it's absurd when I see people get so obsessive about fonts and serifs and name plate materials and kiss cut and stacked materials when they have the most important feature of an "authentic" jersey wrong. The size. If you are so anal about all these small details, get the most important one right. In reality, an "authentic jersey" is a piece of athletic equipment, no different that a pair of gloves, a helmet, shoulder pads, or a jock strap. If you buy an "authentic" jersey that is a size much smaller than what the player actually wears/wore, than what you really have is an authentic-style replica. You want to make it truly "authentic", then get the same size jersey of that player. Otherwise, buy a shirt. If you want something that fits you better, there are plenty of shirts out there, or just get a replica and save the time and money. I know my view is very unpopular here, but I could care less. Because any argument against it is just justification in my view. And I've been on this site for 10 years now. 

So if I buy an authentic jersey but it hasn't been customized yet with a player who wore that exact size it's no longer deemed authentic? 

27 minutes ago, FrontYardSpecial said:

So if I buy an authentic jersey but it hasn't been customized yet with a player who wore that exact size it's no longer deemed authentic? 

Nope, it has unfortunately retroactively changed to replica. Tough luck, it was so nice before you went and put a name on it before checking that players size. :rolleyes:

Edited by JoeM7392

38 minutes ago, L2A3 said:

Hey anyone see this one, it's a Reebok Edge 2.0 on-ice authentic Premier???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302063840116?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&var=600865776470&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Ah, you've proven your point by cherry picking poorly put together eBay listings. Everybody go home, discussion over.

One thing was right in your first post, you are just here to stir the pot. You know what that's called on the internet?

A troll. Thebiggoalie was right.

Edited by JoeM7392

I was just pointing out an ad that nearly got me to bite on it, not at all aimed at this discussion.  Sorry to have offended you with my obvious "trolling".

1 hour ago, L2A3 said:

I was just pointing out an ad that nearly got me to bite on it, not at all aimed at this discussion.  Sorry to have offended you with my obvious "trolling".

Then it doesn't really belong here, does it?

11 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

Then it doesn't really belong here, does it?

It would be a "Is this good or not" or an eBay thread post, I believe...not to mention it wouldn't just coincidentally be confusing replicas and authentics. Pretty transparently referring to the prior nonsense in this thread...