Meigray Expo 2017

Devilsguy

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Gotta get rid of those pesky Reeboks...

That just might be the incentive I needed to attend. Can always eBay it when its not the right team/size. 

Hit me up if a Flyers jersey 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the past they were light on certain jerseys but heavy on others (always saw a ton of Predators, Senators, Lightning and Dallas), but I think with the conversion they will have a good mix.

1 minute ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

Can the 20% be used on top of whatever sale prices they run this year?

IE: 40% older jerseys plus an additional 20% off via the coupon? 

I doubt it. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I doubt it. 

That's what I figured, but here's to wishful thinking! Will have to see if I can find the Ts and Cs somewhere to confirm one way or the other

12 minutes ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

Can the 20% be used on top of whatever sale prices they run this year?

IE: 40% older jerseys plus an additional 20% off via the coupon? 

No.  It has to be on full price jerseys that are in-stock.  Says in fine print that it cannot be used with any other discount or promotion.

I actually used one for the first time a few months ago.  I was surprised and happy that I saved it from last year's expo.  Basically took the tax off of my purchase.

2 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

No.  It has to be on full price jerseys that are in-stock.  Says in fine print that it cannot be used with any other discount or promotion.

I actually used one for the first time a few months ago.  I was surprised and happy that I saved it from last year's expo.  Basically took the tax off of my purchase.

Very good, thanks for confirming. No surprises there. So essentially just for use on non-discount elegible 2016-2017 jerseys?

I am assuming it can't be used on consignments either. 

1 minute ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

Very good, thanks for confirming. No surprises there. So essentially just for use on non-discount elegible 2016-2017 jerseys?

I am assuming it can't be used on consignments either. 

It can be used on any year, but only at the full retail price.

It technically can be used on consignments, but only if you accept to pay the full asking price.  For instance if the jersey is priced at $1000 and you and Meigray/seller agree to $750, but coupon cannot be used.  If you agree to the $1000 asking price, the coupon then can be used.  Same goes on Meigray-owned stock if you work out a deal for a cheaper price from Meigray.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

It would be nice to get out to another expo, if only to meet some of you jerks. The last-- and only-- time I went was when I had been collecting jerseys for all of a month and didn't know a thing about the hobby. I was right near that guy who started trying on Mike's jersey without his permission. But it wasn't me, it definitely wasn't me.  

What??? Like it was a department store and he was trying to find the right size to buy?  Someone fill me on this story, I haven't heard it before.

7 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

So then why the hell didn't you introduce yourself?? Am I that much of a a-hole??

Aaaaaand now it's awkward.

;)

Well, let's preface it by first saying that I don't think the guy isn't 100% there mentally. He's a nice guy as I'd met him at previous expos but he does seem a little slow. But he basically took the jersey off the hanger, put it on and had his picture taken with it on. Nothing happened to it; it was just strange because he didn't ask me. I just went over and politely asked him to take it off. He did apologize about it so no harm ever came of it all. It's just a funny story now.

I feel like if I go, it's a rite of passage to snatch something off Mike's display and try it on. It's just what you do after that story. 

13 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

Well, let's preface it by first saying that I don't think the guy isn't 100% there mentally. He's a nice guy as I'd met him at previous expos but he does seem a little slow. But he basically took the jersey off the hanger, put it on and had his picture taken with it on. Nothing happened to it; it was just strange because he didn't ask me. I just went over and politely asked him to take it off. He did apologize about it so no harm ever came of it all. It's just a funny story now.

That happened I think 2 or 3 expos ago right?

It seems like the last two years where they haven't given out free jerseys to attendees have lessened the amount of random yahoos from going to the expo.  A huge majority of them are good people who are at least mildly fascinated by the jersey displays from the collectors, but a small handful always seem to think it's some kind of department store.  I think with this year Meigray giving out a free jersey to everyone again that attendance will probably go up a little bit and we will see more of these people again (which overall is def a good thing).

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

That happened I think 2 or 3 expos ago right?

It seems like the last two years where they haven't given out free jerseys to attendees have lessened the amount of random yahoos from going to the expo.  A huge majority of them are good people who are at least mildly fascinated by the jersey displays from the collectors, but a small handful always seem to think it's some kind of department store.  I think with this year Meigray giving out a free jersey to everyone again that attendance will probably go up a little bit and we will see more of these people again (which overall is def a good thing).

I'd imagine that's true. I'm kind of on the fence about going, and the idea of getting a free jersey might be enough of an impetus for me to make the decision. 

The last few years the price has steadily gone up and the free jersey has gone away. I am guessing that with the $5 price increase again pre-registrations were down, so the jerseys were added back in. They have hundreds of old blanks just lying around anyway.

Also, with the switch to adidas, I doubt teams are going to rebrand the 2.0s and use them in preseason. I do not see a point in Meigray holding onto deadstock pro stock (either of teams that dropped them or teams that changed their jerseys). 

To be fair to him though, he wasn't a random attendee. I'd seen him there other years and I've seen him since. Like I said, he's a nice guy. He just isn't 100% there.

And Greg, if you think I have a NORTH Jersey accent, you don't know what a north Jersey accent is, my friend!

5 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

To be fair to him though, he wasn't a random attendee. I'd seen him there other years and I've seen him since. Like I said, he's a nice guy. He just isn't 100% there.

And Greg, if you think I have a NORTH Jersey accent, you don't know what a north Jersey accent is, my friend!

I dunno I detected a Paulie Walnuts accent ohhhhhhh

Meigray has announced some decent door prizes for this year's expo:

10AM:

Zubrus 12-14 game used stick

Mark Streit 14-15 game used gloves

Devils black "Center Ice" used practice jersey

Del Zotto 16-17 used stick

11AM:

Steve Mason 15-16 Orange set 2 game worn jersey

Traviz Zajac 10-12 used gloves

Sean Couturier 15-16 used stick

Bryce Salvador 11-13 used stick