Meigray Expo 2017

Devilsguy

17 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

Was lucky enough to pull a home Devils for the free authentic so that will be sent out to Exclusive Pro and turned into a Nico #33. 

I thought about doing that but now that he's signed and was given #13, I decided not to do it. 

Im going to buy the Adidas jerseys, I might as well save him for that. 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically yes. I'd be more inclined to do a #13 like they had at the contract signing, since he'll wear that number going forward. 

But, knowing I'll be getting a pair of Adidas, I might as well wait for him rather than figure out someone else to get. 

Right now it's Nico on one and Zacha on the other. Subject to change, of course. 

1 minute ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

We went back and forth with #13 but since he never wore that number on the ice and it was just for the press conference we went with the #33. We'll wind up with an Adidas game worn but not his. Don't want to see those prices haha.

Oh I absolutely was not talking game worn! Unless I absolutely love the way the Adidas jerseys fit, it's two authentics (whether Canadian or otherwise) and that's it. 

Is development camp still going? I'll be interested to see if he now breaks out the #13...

Even still, there are preseason games to be played as well. He may yet wear #13 on that jersey. 

A few pictures of my table this year.  I made the same mistake last year by bringing too many to fit (I keep forgetting how small those tables are).  Had a bunch that I kept in the bags that I will keep at home next year.

I have to admit, I was a bit tempted to get one of the grab bags this year.  They still had some available pretty close up to when the drawing was and #2, 3 and 10 spots were available.  I should have bought in then.  Dammit.

Re Hischier: I will probably get an Indo version of his jersey either later this year or next.  I don't want to pay or strip GI at the probable prices and while he has huge talent with my luck he will become the next Patrik Stefan right after I get his jersey.

35592074910_4e3811b258_c.jpg

35141267814_e6fd6f7b8d_c.jpg

35592074740_447b49c0d5_c.jpg

21 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

A few pictures of my table this year.  I made the same mistake last year by bringing too many to fit (I keep forgetting how small those tables are).  Had a bunch that I kept in the bags that I will keep at home next year.

I have to admit, I was a bit tempted to get one of the grab bags this year.  They still had some available pretty close up to when the drawing was and #2, 3 and 10 spots were available.  I should have bought in then.  Dammit.

Re Hischier: I will probably get an Indo version of his jersey either later this year or next.  I don't want to pay or strip GI at the probable prices and while he has huge talent with my luck he will become the next Patrik Stefan right after I get his jersey.

I see myself there in one of your pics, haha.

You made the right call not getting a grab bag. I fell into that trap of seeing 2, 3, 4, and 5 were still available and I got pick #33. I wound up just giving my pick to a kid and his dad who were talking to me throughout the day about my display. It meant more to the kid than the worthless jersey would have to me. 

5 minutes ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

I see myself there in one of your pics, haha.

You made the right call not getting a grab bag. I fell into that trap of seeing 2, 3, 4, and 5 were still available and I got pick #33. I wound up just giving my pick to a kid and his dad who were talking to me throughout the day about my display. It meant more to the kid than the worthless jersey would have to me. 

Haha nice!

Yeah I once did the grab bag when it was a blind one and I got a "loser" bag.  Since then never again.  This year was tempting but I would most likely have similar luck to you.  The girl who got first overall was one of the first people to pull their numbers (I was in the foyer picking up my packet when she pulled it) and she later won one of the door prizes (I have never won any of those in the 5-7 years of going to the expo).  My luck just isn't good there lol.

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Www there's a Flyers jersey touching your jerseys!!

lol I was surrounded by Flyers this year.

Edited by Devilsguy

That grab bag draft concept is really cool. Does anybody know what got picked where? Im kinda curious after seeing what was available. If people would pick based on straight value or go for certain players/teams they liked.

24 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

That grab bag draft concept is really cool. Does anybody know what got picked where? Im kinda curious after seeing what was available. If people would pick based on straight value or go for certain players/teams they liked.

Ask and you shall receive:

35818035362_75140c0620_c.jpg

29 jerseys picked after a Tim Sestito...#21 you a freak!!!

I also feel bad for players 46-50 for getting picked after Peter Harrold. 

Yeah the sestito makes zero sense. If you're a devils fan at #21, you still have 5 or 6 options left.

Somebody apparently loves Ray Emery as well. I'd have been tempted to go Rinne if I was top 3, especially if it was a home. The guy at 5 was probably happy to get that one.

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

29 jerseys picked after a Tim Sestito...#21 you a freak!!!

I also feel bad for players 46-50 for getting picked after Peter Harrold. 

I believe Tim has an NHL record for most games played in his career without a single goal (101 games).

Some were picking on player, some by team, and some by other factors such as wear.  I think the Sestito had some pretty good wear on it if I remember right.

I was very impressed with the turnout this year. I imagine that Oates had something to do with it but it was a good crowd. The one Riveters chick was pretty cute too. I wasn't able to pull myself away from whoever I was talking to at the time she was wandering around to talk to her. Oh well. It was still a good time....despite Dan's pension for rotating his mannequins. He must have gone through about five different configurations. We get it dude. You have a lot of stuff.

I do have to say that it was really cool to see Amy there! I cannot for the life of me remember what her name is here but she used to be a regular member many years ago and has been coming back recently. It's always great to put faces to those we've known here for so long.

Except the Flyers fans. Nobody cares about them.

:thumbsup: Good to meet you too, Mike!  It was a good time, I had never been to an Expo before so I figured it was time.  Now I need to get my Buffalo collection up to par to bring a table next time, to combat all the Flyers and Devils....

13 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

I was very impressed with the turnout this year. I imagine that Oates had something to do with it but it was a good crowd. The one Riveters chick was pretty cute too. I wasn't able to pull myself away from whoever I was talking to at the time she was wandering around to talk to her. Oh well. It was still a good time....despite Dan's pension for rotating his mannequins. He must have gone through about five different configurations. We get it dude. You have a lot of stuff.

I do have to say that it was really cool to see Amy there! I cannot for the life of me remember what her name is here but she used to be a regular member many years ago and has been coming back recently. It's always great to put faces to those we've known here for so long.

Except the Flyers fans. Nobody cares about them.

Edited by Hollywood Cannon
I can't even respond when I quote you because it fills the whole text box. So i'll respond in my next post.

On 2017-07-16 at 5:54 PM, Hollywood Cannon said:

Anyone have any interest in the Signed Brett Hull Blues jersey they gave away? I won it and just put it on eBay but I'm sure a board member would have better use for it. It's a size 52.

ThpnOrG.jpg

VZOImVc.jpg

Some one should buy this one