Custom Crafted Jersey Logo

spudrock512

I recently purchased an authentic 91-92 Devils Christmas Tree jersey that I am getting done up as a Broduer rookie jersey.  I have the 75th patch and the 10th anniversary patch.  But I noticed going through Slim's book that they also have the white Custom Crafted pressed logo in white at the left hem of the jersey.  What is your guy's thoughts on recreating this logo to its more accurate to what they wore?  It shouldn't be that tough to recreate, but does this go into a trademark issue?  This is also a jersey that I could easily see myself selling or trading because it is a size 44, and it is too small for me to wear; I wouldn't mind trying to find a bigger size.

Is this something that would be ok to create better accuracy to what was worn, or should I stay away from remaking the Custom Crafted hem logo?

Thanks for your opinion.

Since you're sending it to Keener, you could ask his advice.  I know he used to embroider the left-side CCM logos for Gretzky jerseys.  But, he stopped doing it (I guess for copyright reasons).

I am a lawyer and it is a clear trademark issue. That being said, I'm sure some people don't care about such things. No idea on which side Keener (or anyone else) falls. But sounds like furiousd has already been down that road. 

Anyone ever call Custom Crafter to see if they'd slap one in there if you have them do all the work?

Those white on white logos are tough to get a good photo of, but I've got one if you want me to try. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I am a lawyer and it is a clear trademark issue. 

That's exactly what he said when I asked him to do it on my Sharks jersey. He won't budge. 

As a collector, would anyone care if it was on there or not?  It's obviously an authentic jersey.  I am sure I am just been anal about accuracy in this case.  I would think anyone would just be happy with a 91-92 devil even if it didn't have the custom crafted hem logo.

25 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

As a collector, would anyone care if it was on there or not?  It's obviously an authentic jersey.  I am sure I am just been anal about accuracy in this case.  I would think anyone would just be happy with a 91-92 devil even if it didn't have the custom crafted hem logo.

For the most part, nobody would care. I have one that has it by coincidence, and one that does not. It didn't affect my decision on either jersey nor the amount I was willing to pay. The vast majority of them do not have it, as it was applied only to gamers and possibly authentic that they customized, I am not sure on that. 

But, as we all know, this hobby makes you completely anal about all details, and some folks want to make everything as "on ice accurate" as possible, even though that really only matters to themselves plus 0.000000000000001% of collectors. 

In my opinion, you don't need it to have a really nice jersey. For a hobbit since its a size 44. 

47 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

As a collector, would anyone care if it was on there or not? 

Personally, I'd love to be able to get the customizer tags (or a second CCM), but it's extremely minor compared to jersey condition and quality of customization. 

That said, I've gotten the vibe from the facebook GW group that many don't take a kind view of replicating those tags.  Like it's in the same category as re-attributing a scrub gamer as a star player.  You might have the purest intentions when you get it done, but the guy you sell it to might not. 

1 hour ago, furiousd said:

Personally, I'd love to be able to get the customizer tags (or a second CCM), but it's extremely minor compared to jersey condition and quality of customization. 

That said, I've gotten the vibe from the facebook GW group that many don't take a kind view of replicating those tags.  Like it's in the same category as re-attributing a scrub gamer as a star player.  You might have the purest intentions when you get it done, but the guy you sell it to might not. 

Makes sense; that mark is supposed to indicate that the customization was done by CC. Mine isn't. 

None of mine have it, and I have no interest in it really. If somebody could do it and my jerseys were already there, I'd probably have it done but beyond that, it's not worth it to me.

Since Joe and I account for at least 90% of Devils jerseys sold, I think you have your answer right there.