2017-2018 Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, cowboys said:

Will just buy one gamer next year until the S H I T figures it self out 

Thinking I may have to do the same. Maybe a home and an away though.

2 hours ago, cowboys said:

Will just buy one gamer next year until the S H I T figures it self out 

Same here. 

Not a jersey, but not a bad hat

Just thinking were those prices listed in the article CAD or USD?  If USD that is a big onion in the ointment for us up here.

Just a little fuel for the fire on Adidas offering authentic jerseys for retail sale.  I spoke with JB about this very issue, what he said was that Adidas will not sell authentic jerseys to anyone (including him) outside teams.  As we know from the 2.0's, this is subject to change. 

Honestly, I know I'm just beating a dead horse but everybody just needs to chill about this.  Canadian made authentics have been available for purchase for the past 30 + years one way or another and that is not going to change now with adidas taking over.  It might take a year or two or longer but they will get out one way or another.

I'm just interested in seeing the quality.  And intrigued to see if there's any minor adjustments to current kits, aside from the reported canning of third jerseys (which, if I read incorrectly at some point, I apologize).

1 hour ago, cry_minarets458 said:

I'm just interested in seeing the quality.  And intrigued to see if there's any minor adjustments to current kits, aside from the reported canning of third jerseys (which, if I read incorrectly at some point, I apologize).

The third jerseys are likely only being canned temporarily. There were no thirds for the first season of the Reebok Edge jerseys and were brought back the next season. 

19 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

The third jerseys are likely only being canned temporarily. There were no thirds for the first season of the Reebok Edge jerseys and were brought back the next season. 

Thanks for the info.  Hopefully, there's some radical redesigns to spice the third jerseys up.

I've heard from a reliable source that next season most NHL teams will continue to have their lettering done by the customizers with whom they have contracted.  Only a few teams (including Las Vegas) will have their lettering kits done by Adidas.

6 hours ago, LAK74 said:

I've heard from a reliable source that next season most NHL teams will continue to have their lettering done by the customizers with whom they have contracted.  Only a few teams (including Las Vegas) will have their lettering kits done by Adidas.

To my knowledge, all NHL teams will continue to use their customizers that they've used in the past.  Whether or not the customizer is the one to create the lettering kits is a different story.

Vegas lettering will be purchased from adidas for EPS to customize; LAK will continue with Bobcat from top to bottom.

2 hours ago, JunkyardAthletic said:

To my knowledge, all NHL teams will continue to use their customizers that they've used in the past.  Whether or not the customizer is the one to create the lettering kits is a different story.

That's basically what I meant.  :)

Edited by LAK74

Based on what I heard when I spoke to the guy who does the Rangers, he wasn't sure how exactly it was going to be done. I'd have to imagine, given the option, he'd prefer to do his own lettering, because with the arch the Rangers use, a letter L in one place on one name will look different than the same letter in a different place on a different name, and if a player gets called up last minute there's no way he'd be able to get a jersey ready in time if he needs to wait for Adidas to send him lettering for a new player.

Just now, CJ Matthews said:

Based on what I heard when I spoke to the guy who does the Rangers, he wasn't sure how exactly it was going to be done. I'd have to imagine, given the option, he'd prefer to do his own lettering, because with the arch the Rangers use, a letter L in one place on one name will look different than the same letter in a different place on a different name, and if a player gets called up last minute there's no way he'd be able to get a jersey ready in time if he needs to wait for Adidas to send him lettering for a new player.

That's a very good point and I can imagine the Red Wings are in the same boat.

On 5/17/2017 at 7:47 AM, CJ Matthews said:

On 5/17/2017 at 7:49 AM, Devilsguy said:

That's a very good point and I can imagine the Red Wings are in the same boat.

I'm sure these two teams EQMs carry the specific letters they need for whatever order they go in.  Probably a royal pain in the a**, however, ya gotta do whatcha gotta do...

On 5/18/2017 at 1:00 PM, mfitz804 said:

I've never even considered that. How annoying that must be. 

For those two teams, yes, all others, no.  

I think every team is able to get a jersey from their customizer, even on weekends.  

Speaking for myself, I became a "known shipper" with TSA and a few airlines, specifically to avoid problems in getting teams product on a Saturday or Sunday.  

Worst case, it goes on an airplane and a courier picks it up and takes it the rest of the way.

Edited by JunkyardAthletic

That's a bold strategy. Pre-ordering a jersey that you're not sure what it looks like