2017-2018 Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

I've stayed at about 10 different properties on the Vegas strip and the Wynn was one of my favorites. I don't gamble but the rooms were really nice, the clubs were good, the pool was awesome and the buffet (pricey) was one of the best I've been to. They were having a 25% off sale and if I recall correctly it was $200 per night which I thought was very reasonable considering the hotel was still pretty new at the time.

The only thing I didn't like about it is that it's at the end of the strip and you have to walk a few blocks to get to the action (Caesars, Bellagio, etc). 

Edit: just checked. It was $162 per night plus taxes, etc. 

Edited by jsh139

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a blackjack guy myself so as long as I can find a table with a minimum that doesn't require you to be a millionaire then I really don't care much where I play. Though I don't like those 6 to 5 odds on Blackjack like I've been seeing more and more lately in Atlantic City.

When I'm in Vegas I don't waste my precious time with craps and blackjack.  I'm a War and Pick a number kind of guy

36721-28453.gif

The first thing I'll say about this right off the bat is, if these are actually the jerseys, it's nice to see the crests aren't sublimated like we had feared earlier.

Reassuring?

Chris Creamer just said that none of the new jerseys will incorporate adidas 3 stripe design in the jersey

I came here to post the same thing, lol. 

The material definitely looks different than Air-Knit.  Looks kind of like the Edge 1.0 X-trafil or whatever they called it.

Definitely liking what I'm seeing so far.

Interestingly, a lot of teams now have the mesh/jersey material incorporated into their logos (like the World Cup jerseys did). Philly, Carolina, Columbus, Winnipeg, Buffalo, Minnesota, NJ, Arizona all have it so far.

Fingers crossed on the authentics...

Whomever handles that stores twitter account has a pretty good understanding of the differences in jerseys.  I asked if they were made in Canada.  Let's see what the answer is.

1 minute ago, dsl135 said:

Definitely liking what I'm seeing so far.

Interestingly, a lot of teams now have the mesh/jersey material incorporated into their logos (like the World Cup jerseys did). Philly, Carolina, Columbus, Winnipeg, Buffalo, Minnesota, NJ, Arizona all have it so far.

Fingers crossed on the authentics...

I noticed that, too.  The top layer of the crest looks like fabric instead of twill.  Interesting...

The material on the front looks to be the same stuff used in the WCOH jerseys.  

Looks like I'll be adding 2 more Penguins jerseys this year.

Gonna make my 2 Reeboks 3-patch Cup Final jerseys

Is that $200/150 price level (authentic/replica) in Canadian, I wonder?  Even if it's US, that's still a great price, at least for the authentic anyway.  Some might think that the authentic price might be low because they will probably be manufactured overseas, but I seem to remember that the Canadian-made WCOH authentic jerseys were under US$200, after currency conversion.

21 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Is that $200/150 price level (authentic/replica) in Canadian, I wonder?  Even if it's US, that's still a great price, at least for the authentic anyway.  Some might think that the authentic price might be low because they will probably be manufactured overseas, but I seem to remember that the Canadian-made WCOH authentic jerseys were under US$200, after currency conversion.

Just asked a Jets Gear store manager the same question here in Winnipeg. $200 Canadian for an overseas "authentic". 

Interesting.  Good from a price standpoint, but it makes me more inclined to think that somehow these will be significantly inferior to the on-ice ones.

I was told by someone in the know that the design was not going to be very different at all from the Edge.  I have a feeling they're going to be similar to the WCOH design, which would be fine with me- I really liked how they fit, less baggy-looking than the Edge.

Can't wait to see these things. If it's any indication of how excited I am, I was offered to work an overtime shift next Tuesday night and I turned it down because I'd miss the jersey reveals. I don't usually turn down OT, but this is a special occasion.

15 minutes ago, MaroonsRoad said:

Just asked a Jets Gear store manager the same question here in Winnipeg. $200 Canadian for an overseas "authentic". 

If that's where they're pricing the new Indos (or wherever they're from),  I have to think the Canadian-made authentics will be coming.  No way they're leaving that 300-400 Canadian price segment unfilled, is there?