2017-2018 Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

24 minutes ago, JunkyardAthletic said:

Could be right, however, this is more noticeable on the NJD jersey where the inner part of the crest is actually cut top to bottom, thus the embossed pattern in the material is running against the jersey panel's embossed pattern.

The Devils' crest looks like it's actually kiss-cut.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

The Devils' crest looks like it's actually kiss-cut.

Not sure about that. Like junkyard said, the hole patterns in the material don't look like they quite match up.

Either way it will be interesting to see the whole thing.

1 minute ago, JoeM7392 said:

Like junkyard said, the hole patterns in the material don't look like they quite match up.

I realize that.  Like I said earlier about the Kings crest, there must be a layer of red airknit material in the center of the crest which is completely separate from the airknit jersey panel beneath the crest.  This top layer of airknit is most likely sitting on top of a white base twill layer.  The black strip of twill looks like it goes over the white twill, but it's also higher than the red airknit portion, which is why I said it looks kiss-cut.

31 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I realize that.  Like I said earlier about the Kings crest, there must be a layer of red airknit material in the center of the crest which is completely separate from the airknit jersey panel beneath the crest.  This top layer of airknit is most likely sitting on top of a white base twill layer.  The black strip of twill looks like it goes over the white twill, but it's also higher than the red airknit portion, which is why I said it looks kiss-cut.

Going by the pics, that's the way it is done.

7 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Ah, I see what you're saying. It was kinda late, I have an excuse for misunderstanding it.

Talked to a very reliable source today about the Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys- here's what I found out-

They are doing away with the lace tie at the top.  

They are eliminating the "Tampa Bay" on the away/White jerseys.  

The shoulder patch will be slightly different.   

The premier jerseys will no longer be a big iron on patch for the front logo, but will be a embroidered logo or "look like an embroidered" logo on it.  

Lightning Jerseys in 2017-2018 will have the 25th Anniversary patch, All-Star Game patch, and the 100th NHL Anniv. patch (until December).  

2 hours ago, AlereFlammam said:

Icethetics did a nice story on the new construction. Looks a lot like the World Cup designs

http://www.icethetics.co/blog/2017/6/14/adidas-teases-new-jersey-construction

Looks like all teams will be going with perforated numbers.  Big time boooooooo on that as I can't customize my own jerseys now.

That's what it sounded like in the article, but it seems to be contradictory to what I was told by a team customizer.  I had the impression that only a few teams would be having their lettering done by Adidas, with perforated numbers.   I too hope that article is wrong about that.

To me all the previews look like they're exactly the same as the WCOH jerseys. The material reminded me of a slightly thicker EDGE 1.0 material. Definitely going to snag,  but not as easily as 1.0. I was not a fan of the WCOH jerseys and sold mine right after I got it. Much prefer the air knit in 2.0 jerseys. 

I'm most curious to see the Hawks sweater as I can't imagine they'll omit the chain stitching which is what makes the crest/shoulder patches so unique. I would hope they wouldn't use the jersey material for the tan face part of the crest, but I guess we'll see in a few days.  

2 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

To me all the previews look like they're exactly the same as the WCOH jerseys.

I bet they will be largely the same. I've been figuring that the basic design of the WCOH jerseys was essentially the early roll out of the NHL ones. What teasers haven't we seen yet? Chicago, Montreal, Pittsburgh, Toronto...?

*Edit* Montreal is out there.

Edited by furiousd

Chris Creamer posted some more teasers this morning

Won't let me upload pics

Basically, started showing names on back and adidas logo placement

Flyers shoulder yoke is different than every other team.

@Hollywood Cannon and I were just discussing this.  I wonder why that is.

Also, it looks like names/numbers will be single-layer twill now with a sublimated top layer/outline.  Eww.  Don't know if that's any surprise?

23 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

@Hollywood Cannon and I were just discussing this.  I wonder why that is.

Also, it looks like names/numbers will be single-layer twill now with a sublimated top layer/outline.  Eww.  Don't know if that's any surprise?

Still new to this, but do you think this would effect a customer's ability or willingness to customize a jersey with the previous style? Such as taking in a 2.0 in to CSL for pre-2017/18 customization?

1 minute ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Still new to this, but do you think this would effect a customer's ability or willingness to customize a jersey with the previous style? Such as taking in a 2.0 in to CSL for pre-2017/18 customization?

Shouldn't effect anything. Just make sure you specify the lettering you need

40 minutes ago, iceman81 said:

That's because those are the Indo pre-customized junk that will be sold as "authentic". RBK did the same except those were replicas

If those are Indos, at least the airknit pattern looks similar to what is expected for the on-ice jerseys.

Penguins FINALLY share their jersey teasers!

6 hours ago, DC Red Wings said:

Red Wings are going to be using nameplates now, gross

Just a quick reminder that when the 2014 Winter Classic jerseys had their press release they had a name plate however the actual jerseys did not. I cling to this in hope because yeah, that is ungood.

Devils' font there is reminiscent of the incorrect font that a lot of non-EPS customizers use. That's pretty ironic. 

I think the Railers are a separate team from the new Aces.  The Alaska Aces club is moving to Portland, Maine and will be run by Danny Briere and Paul Holmgren.  The Worcester Railers are a different team.  So, I think there are actually two new ECHL teams coming next season?