2017-2018 Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

I like them, too. 

The ECHL is a cool league.  The Reading Royals' arena is relatively close.  I try to catch a game or two each season.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worcester is an expansion franchise starting in 2017, Alaska went dormant and was sold to Comcast and will play in Portland, ME in 2018, and Elmira folded up shop completely because of the massive debt they were under. That franchise doesn't exist anymore.

Hahaha I couldn't help but laugh at the team name though......the railers....

Yeah I know I am two years old......I will go back in the corner now.

Oh yeah, I forgot. the Evansville IceMen will become the Jacksonville IceMen, after sitting out a season and trying and failing to set up shop in Owensboro, KY. And that's just the ECHL. The AHL has it's own story of musical chairs going on, including a phantom "31st" franchise to, supposedly, start in 2018.

7 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

Hahaha I couldn't help but laugh at the team name though......the railers....

Yeah I know I am two years old......I will go back in the corner now.

No worries man, I did the same thing.

Railer? But I hardly know her!!!

5 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

From the comments:

"not a fan of these collars. i feel a lot of jerseys are going to end up looking the same with this template."

Uhh, that's what a "template" is. Happened a lot with the Edge, will happen again here. Then teams will correct it. 

Dumb-sounding though 'Crazylight' is, it's been used for a few years on CCM equipment product lines, so sort of has some precedence in the hockey world.

Still, sounds stupid, though...

Interesting in the link above that both the info video and, more importantly, it would appear, the overall marketing for the jerseys, have been outsourced to UK-based firms.

Based on teams' Twitter accounts, everyone is releasing their new jerseys tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Hawks just posted the secondary logo on twitter, no crest teaser unfortunately.

2 hours ago, catofadiferntskn said:

Well... that is chain stitched... by a 12 year old girl in Indonesia. Its clearly not a Canadian on ice spec. Its pretty easy to see the quality difference in the two. I hope real ones look better. 

Noticed that myself... the shoulder patch looked particularly bad.

I'm very sorry if this question has been answered already but does anyone know where and when we can catch the unveiling of the new jerseys? 

I haven't seen anything concrete. I was assuming each team would have its own reveal. But if there's a formal unveiling, I haven't found it.