2017-2018 Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

8 hours ago, joe2heatley said:

What are the chances of JB getting the pro jerseys?

He has stated in the past that he doesn't expect to be able to get them.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, dsl135 said:

I don't think it's a butthurt reaction, lol. I think it's just that anyone who isn't a fan of the team kind of generally thinks their redesign isn't good at all.

No man you don't get it everyone is butthurt that their teams can't be as compleltely irrelevant as the Devils are these days.

14 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I expected the Devils guys to be freaking out over removing the body stripes.  It's dang close to an apron design.

We seem to be the exception though.  Most Devils fans are in full meltdown mode all over social media.  Apparentlyant have already emailed and called the Devils to voice their displeasure.

16 minutes ago, akteon said:

Saw this on CCSL forums, but the Devils jersey quite literally is just a sweatshirt :lol:

NTk0XPM.jpg

Bingo!

43 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I got an email from them saying the same thing.  This is excellent news.

Just like many here, I'm in regular contact with the Baron, too, and as of a few weeks ago he told me it's unlikely he or anyone else will be able to get the made-in-Canada authentics.

We don't know what the future holds but from the looks of it right now, our only hope of getting them are by buying gamers or TI's, which sucks for everyone but even more for those of us who wear smaller sizes like myself, which completely eliminates the option of customizing our own like we've been doing ever since the Baron started doing his thing.

What are everyone's thoughts so far on what you might do this season?  Personally, I only like collecting the Canadian authentics.  I can't see myself buying any Indo-made jersey at this point in time and certainly not the replicas.

As of right now, my only option seems to be to wait and see if we get access to those Canadian-made authentics in the future, even if it's a few years down the line, so it doesn't look like I'll be buying anything for a while in this new era.  Maybe I'll eventually grab a few gamers but for now there's not much available to me.  Even the TI's will be far too big for me and won't be available in 46's.

We've all been hearing about this for months now and it's disappointing for sure.  I was really hoping to get a Canadian authentic Golden Knights home for their inaugural season, too.

Gamers are too expensive and I would be too scared to ruin them so I stick to authentics. Definitely not going anywhere near the fanatics stuff. 

I am still holding out hope that the true, made-in-canada Authentics will be available somehow. If not, then I will probably resort to buying TI/GI jerseys when available in the smallest sizes possible. I usually wear 46s also.

May just hold off until the Rangers WC jersey and hope authentics are released as the home/ away styles have minimal changes. 

10 minutes ago, shilenj said:

What are everyone's thoughts so far on what you might do this season?  Personally, I only like collecting the Canadian authentics.  I can't see myself buying any Indo-made jersey at this point in time and certainly not the replicas.

As of right now, my only option seems to be to wait and see if we get access to those Canadian-made authentics in the future, even if it's a few years down the line, so it doesn't look like I'll be buying anything for a while in this new era.  Maybe I'll eventually grab a few gamers but for now there's not much available to me.  Even the TI's will be far too big for me and won't be available in 46's.

We've all been hearing about this for months now and it's disappointing for sure.  I was really hoping to get a Canadian authentic Golden Knights home for their inaugural season, too.

If Canadian jerseys aren't available one way or another, I won't buy the inferior stuff in its place.  I'll live.  There's still a world of vintage stuff and gamers out there. 

Meigray getting Vegas is probably good for availability.  It'll take a while, but I'm sure that they'll have TI blanks eventually.

7 hours ago, dsl135 said:

I don't think it's a butthurt reaction, lol. I think it's just that anyone who isn't a fan of the team kind of generally thinks their redesign isn't good at all.

I was talking about the Devils fans general reaction on Twitter, a few forums, ect. Butthurt is exactly the word for it. They took a stripe away and you have people signing petitions and trying to call the team to complain at 10pm on a tuesday.

2 hours ago, furiousd said:

If Canadian jerseys aren't available one way or another, I won't buy the inferior stuff in its place.  I'll live.  There's still a world of vintage stuff and gamers out there. 

Meigray getting Vegas is probably good for availability.  It'll take a while, but I'm sure that they'll have TI blanks eventually.

This.  It's especially easy for me since the Leafs jersey is pretty much unchanged.  If I can somehow land and indo for under $50 I'll consider it failing that forget it.

For what it's worth, adidas.ca has up info about the new jersey redesign (not necessarily products) but it contains this info:

FORM THE FUTURE

Designed for Endurance. Engineered for Strength. Tailored for Speed. The most innovative uniform ever built for the NHL®. Coming Fall 2017.

I see a lot of similarities between these and what Adidas does with their Adizero MLS jerseys.

The funky "lightweight" material:

DSC08801-vi.jpg

The collar text and colors:

DSC08800-vi.jpg

The rubberized laser-cut crests:

DSC08802-vi.jpg

And the stupid little stamp on the hem:

DSC08803-vi.jpg

For what it's worth....the on-field soccer jerseys (adizero/formotion) do not have the adidas stamp.  I doubt the on-ice hockey jerseys will either 

Edited by HockeyMusic

I guess nobody is willing to see what kind of quality they are capable of producing?

I bought a couple Indos when the prices got super low, and I was fine with them for those prices. The quality was not as good as those made in Canada, but I didn't mind paying the low prices and I actually got more use out of them because I had no inhibitions about getting them all dirty.

Edited by DC Red Wings

I think it's  a mix of quality and authenticity. Speaking for myself only, I don't play hockey in my authentics, so technically I don't "need" a jersey that can withstand the violence of hockey. I buy authentic because it's more fun to have the real thing. It's like going to a game vs. watching on TV. Either one is available, but attending is just more fun. Again, I speak only for myself.  But given I can get an authentic edge for $250 or less, I doubt I will see any value in buying a non-authentic for anywhere close to that.

I also don't mind if my authentics aren't perfect for life. I bought them to wear to games and bars, so they won't stay pristine. I'm ok with that.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

Looks like Rangers white road jerseys will have blue collar instead of gray. What a relief! 

Not sure I love the blue but, gray is definitely not a Rangers color. 

Hawks jerseys...

https://twitter.com/BrianSandalow/status/878380142212431872/photo/1

You can see on the red how details SHOULD matter, but certainly don't.  The shoulder panel should be cut square so that dimples don't disappear into the stitching areas.

Edited by JunkyardAthletic

43 minutes ago, JunkyardAthletic said:

Hawks jerseys...

https://twitter.com/BrianSandalow/status/878380142212431872/photo/1

You can see on the red how details SHOULD matter, but certainly don't.  The shoulder panel should be cut square so that dimples don't disappear into the stitching areas.

My world cups are sewn at the same angle. Must be on purpose.

On 6/21/2017 at 10:45 PM, JoeM7392 said:

I was talking about the Devils fans general reaction on Twitter, a few forums, ect. Butthurt is exactly the word for it. They took a stripe away and you have people signing petitions and trying to call the team to complain at 10pm on a tuesday.

What is wrong with that? Rather have fans that care, then fans who don´t give a Fu** about their team......like the Devils management  for instance 

As a Devils fan, I personally have larger concerns than a couple stripes. Our fan base resists change, there have been multiple such issues in the past 5 or so years.

Bottom line, changing the jerseys does t have anything to do with whether management cares about the team or the fans. And anyone who calls the team over something like that has way more free time on their hands than I do. 

• 3 weeks later...