2017-2018 Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, redwingsdownunder said:

The Wings one grew on me, glad I bought JB's last TI 54.

Same here.  I now love the Red Wings CC.  When people posted the gamers they received from the game, I thought they looked nice and clean and sharp.  It was probably the whitest shade of white I have ever seen on a jersey.

19 hours ago, rabinsurance said:

I guess that answers the question I had when I read the article posted about Adidas selling CCM last week, the AHL will still be branded CCM this season for their jerseys. From the article I read, they somewhat alluded to the CCM jerseys being re-branded to Adidas. But that won't happen, at least for 17-18.

I believe that the CCM deal with the AHL runs through the 2020-2021 season, so their branding should likely still be in placed through then.

I had heard multiple theories on which jerseys would be worn this coming season, but based on the B-Devils pic, it looks like the AHL will wear the new "Adizero" cut this season just branded as CCM.

33 minutes ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

I believe that the CCM deal with the AHL runs through the 2020-2021 season, so their branding should likely still be in placed through then.

I had heard multiple theories on which jerseys would be worn this coming season, but based on the B-Devils pic, it looks like the AHL will wear the new "Adizero" cut this season just branded as CCM.

I disagree that the jerseys presented are the new Adidas jerseys for one major reason:

The collar doesn't look like total garbage.

13 minutes ago, cjerina said:

I disagree that the jerseys presented are the new Adidas jerseys for one major reason:

The collar doesn't look like total garbage.

I might be wrong, but I do think ti is the Adizero jerseys just with different collars.  I am basing this on the construction of it in the pictures of the white that resemble more of the Adizero construction than the Edge temple the AHL has been using judging by the seams.

46 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I might be wrong, but I do think ti is the Adizero jerseys just with different collars.  I am basing this on the construction of it in the pictures of the white that resemble more of the Adizero construction than the Edge temple the AHL has been using judging by the seams.

I dont recall that "typical Edge" style collar on any of the Adidas jerseys... that being said, it would be ironic if Reebok/CCM finally offered a "typical" hockey cut shirt the year after they lose the NHL contract.

13 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

Exactly.....how many of us Leaf fans bitched about the centennial classic jersey but still bought it like a bunch of tools....

I technically bought one, only as a mate asked for me to bring one back. Why they went with that design when there was a perfectly good Toronto Arenas design knocking about I don't know.

I'm convinced the Leafs wanted to use the arenas jersey and the league axed it at the last minute.  With no time left to design something else they had to go with a already in use template a la the panthers jersey.

4 hours ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

I'll be getting 3 TI jerseys from the Monsters when they get their supply for the season, so I'll see if they still have the Edge-style collar, or if they are the Adizero style. I would guess they will be the same as before. 

17 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

I absolutely hated those Centennial Classics but so help me god if I didn't get one as soon as authentic sports had them.  

Me too but I bought one anyway.....

8 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Same here.  I now love the Red Wings CC.  When people posted the gamers they received from the game, I thought they looked nice and clean and sharp.  It was probably the whitest shade of white I have ever seen on a jersey.

Originally the collar bugged me and the lack of numbers made them look a bit bare. Now that I have one, I actually like the old ribbed collar. Spot on about the whiteness of the jersey mate, it definitely stands out. I'd buy another given half a chance.

Interesting.  It mentions not once but twice and I quote;

"This is the exact jersey Canadiens players will wear on the ice beginning next season."

It's tough to see from the collar picture if it says made in Canada or Indonesia.

It's Canada.

Especially intrigued by the price point. Wondering if this means Team Stores will actually sell the "Made in Canada" authentics, and other retailers are limited to the equivalent of the "Indo".

Unfortunately that just means the Ducks Team Store will be marking them up 200%.

Doubtful.  Like HockeyMusic said, they're probably just using stock photos.  I don't think the Montreal store really knows what they're getting.  I'm sure they will have Indos just like any other retail store.

1 hour ago, AlereFlammam said:

Well at least they can fake the adidas logo better than Reebok :lol:

That is because they have had years of practice on soccer jerseys