2017-2018 Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

Why are there some teams missing from that picture, yet there are two Flyers jerseys standing right next to each other? 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dr_Puck

I really like the Wild's re-do. I'm a little concerned about how much these gamers will initially go for. I'm happy dropping $250 on one of the Wild's old Reebok gamers but not too enthused about what gamers should cost this year. 

1 hour ago, thebiggoalie said:

Why are there some teams missing from that picture, yet there are two Flyers jerseys standing right next to each other? 

Kobe-U-Mad20110725-22047-1i31pz7.jpg

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

The Devils new jersey still looks much better on the player than in the renders IMO.  There will always be a segment of fans who will hate it because it is something other than what they have been used to for the past 25 years, but I think a lot of the anger towards it will die down by Christmas.

100% right. Not that I don't still like the old style better, but they look way better on. 

1 hour ago, reedpm said:

It should be noted that the small adidas Adizero button that will appear on the retail "authentics"is present on both the Flyers and Devils jerseys in that picture.

I think they're all wearing the Indos. Alex DeBrincat was wearing a Hawks Indo in other photos from the event. 

1 minute ago, Dr_Puck said:

I saw this in the Hockey News this week. This is the best new jersey for 2017-18. Go Tips! With jerseys like this, it makes me wonder how the Binghamton Devils could botch theirs so badly. 

maxresdefault.jpg

They're lovely, I don't know what it is with the AHL, but all their emblems are awful. Just OTT cartoony American crap.

Guest Dr_Puck
Just now, DJ Rhea said:

They're lovely, I don't know what it is with the AHL, but all their emblems are awful. Just OTT cartoony American crap.

I edited my original post because I didn't want to take away focus from the WHL jersey. I do think there's a difference between leagues though. The WHL is consistent and classy, the AHL less so. 

34 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I edited my original post because I didn't want to take away focus from the WHL jersey. I do think there's a difference between leagues though. The WHL is consistent and classy, the AHL less so. 

And I really don't know why. London Knights, jerseys and emblems can put some NHL teams to shame. 

The white one is really nice. If Leafs had a decent prospect from there. I'd get one made up.

I am still wondering why Adidas felt the need to add that "button" to the front.  Reebok didn't add that to their retail authentics and it is too small and out of the way to be noticed by most fans.  It makes no sense and it is just there for the sake of being there.

7 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I am still wondering why Adidas felt the need to add that "button" to the front.  Reebok didn't add that to their retail authentics and it is too small and out of the way to be noticed by most fans.  It makes no sense and it is just there for the sake of being there.

Yeah its pretty disappointing. 

3 minutes ago, FrontYardSpecial said:

There appears to be stitching around the perimeter of the button. Wonder if you can use a seam ripper and take it off like jock tags on Premiers? Hopeful thinking I suppose.

Even if you can, sucks that we will have to be altering "authentic" jerseys?