2017-2018 Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/28/2017 at 1:15 PM, HockeyMusic said:

Not sure where this would go....but the Flyers are retiring #88 on Jan 18th

Following up on this.....any flyers fans going to this game???

If so, I would be interested in some comemorative items from the game sold at the arena (e.g. game programs, banners, etc)

7 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Did the Hawks ever release an authentic St Patrick's Day jersey? I love what the Leafs did, but I don't think I've ever seen confirmation of authentic St Pats Hawks jerseys.

Just the ones they've worn in warm ups. 

1 hour ago, HockeyMusic said:

Following up on this.....any flyers fans going to this game???

If so, I would be interested in some comemorative items from the game sold at the arena (e.g. game programs, banners, etc)

Ticket prices for that game skyrocketed after the announcement. It's like Leafs game prices now. 

16 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

I saw this in the Hockey News this week. This is the best new jersey for 2017-18. Go Tips! 

maxresdefault.jpg

Wow! They look fantastic.

22 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Ticket prices for that game skyrocketed after the announcement. It's like Leafs game prices now. 

Of course....well they are playing the Leafs that night....

1 hour ago, HockeyMusic said:

Of course....well they are playing the Leafs that night....

Every team knows who the cash cow is.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/158856168@N08/36833854526/in/album-72157688101376266

https://www.flickr.com/photos/158856168@N08/36833854566/in/album-72157688101376266

Canadian Edge 2.0 eagle logo (all heavy stitched) compared with new Indo Adizero eagle logo on right 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/158856168@N08/36833854636/in/album-72157688101376266

Canadian Edge 2.0 sleeve compared to new Indo Adizero (new sleeve is very narrow + no elbow reinforcement on Adizero)

As for size, I wear 52 or 54 in Canadian edge 2.0 and bought 54 in Indo Adizero as they are slightly smaller than Edge.  Material is more like the Reebok Premier material.  I bought this at Kettler (Caps' practice facility).  Price was $180 (blank). Also, the Capitals logo on front is about two inches lower on the Adizero (so it's almost on stomach rather than chest).  Overall, it feels a lot like Reebok Premier in shape and texture.  If you click on any one of those links, you can see about 8 photos I posted in the album.  Will return it tomorrow for refund ?

Edited by Jersey Mike

I went to the OHL preseason showcase in Buffalo on Saturday. All the teams are still wearing CCM-branded Edge jerseys. And from the pictures that have been posted, the AHL will also be wearing CCM Edge's this year. For those that remember, in 2007, Reebok rolled out the Edge jerseys to the AHL at the same time as the NHL, the CHL was a year later, and the ECHL just switched about 2 or 3 years ago. I wonder if the other leagues will switch to this Adizero style at some point, of if it's going to be an NHL exclusive.

2 hours ago, Jersey Mike said:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/158856168@N08/36833854526/in/album-72157688101376266

https://www.flickr.com/photos/158856168@N08/36833854566/in/album-72157688101376266

Canadian Edge 2.0 eagle logo (all heavy stitched) compared with new Indo Adizero eagle logo on right 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/158856168@N08/36833854636/in/album-72157688101376266

Canadian Edge 2.0 sleeve compared to new Indo Adizero (new sleeve is very narrow + no elbow reinforcement on Adizero)

As for size, I wear 52 or 54 in Canadian edge 2.0 and bought 54 in Indo Adizero as they are slightly smaller than Edge.  Material is more like the Reebok Premier material.  I bought this at Kettler (Caps' practice facility).  Price was $180 (blank). Also, the Capitals logo on front is about two inches lower on the Adizero (so it's almost on stomach rather than chest).  Overall, it feels a lot like Reebok Premier in shape and texture.  If you click on any one of those links, you can see about 8 photos I posted in the album.  Will return it tomorrow for refund ?

Thanks for the info!

Overall, that's really disappointing to hear

If the Adizero look and feel like Reebok premiers, then god help us on how the Fanatics replicas are.

Basically it's an indo-edge with the adidas logo and different shoulders.  Barfffffffff.

Adidas should be ashamed for not learning their lesson the first time when they try to market these pieces of trash as authentic.  Nothing authentic about them.

2 hours ago, FrontYardSpecial said:

Thanks for the pictures Jersey Mike. Would it be possible to take a picture of the Adizero on top on an Edge 2.0 to see the sizing differences? 

IMG_1848

in this photo, the Adizero is on top of Capitals Canadian-Made Edge 2.0 --- both SZ 54.  Body width is almost identical except the Edge is wider in the armpit area.

IMG_1849

Closeup of left armpit are (Edge on bottom under my hand) ... 

IMG_1850

Right armip area (Edge 2.0 on bottom under my hand)

Can't thank you enough for your work there, Jersey Mike.  Was hoping to stop by Kettler when I travel there in September to check the Adizero jerseys for myself - now I won't even bother.  What garbage.

How were they able to get the jump on everyone else on stocking these?  I haven't seen anything on their Twitter account about them.

3 hours ago, FrontYardSpecial said:

Thanks for the pictures Jersey Mike. Would it be possible to take a picture of the Adizero on top on an Edge 2.0 to see the sizing differences? 

IMG_1852

Bottom left hem (Adizero) on top

IMG_1853

Bottom right hem (Adizero) on top (obviously, as you can see the little rubber ADIDAS "coin") ?

Keep in mind, I have yet to see a Canadian Adizero in person, so I have no idea if the materials on Indo match Canadian.  But I do know that I dislike the shape (skinny arms, longer body, logo on the belly rather than chest, and completely different collar area) and the materials it's made from (again, reminds me of my kids' Premiers).  The patches seem identical on Canadian vs Indo, based on photos of Canadian I have seen (although I don't like the lighter kiss-cut logo, not the eagle stitching, etc.).  With that said, i am a huge fan of the Canadian Edgo 2.0 (materials, wide sleeves, collar area, etc.) (I own several Edge 2.0's from a handful of teams). On a side note, I have never actually seen an Indo-Edge 2.0 in-person (for comparison).

Edited by Jersey Mike

3 hours ago, FrontYardSpecial said:

One other side note - sleeve length is about the same between the Canadian Edge 2.0 and Indo-Adizero.  A photo would not show this perfectly, though, given the shape differences between the two.  Also, the sleeves on Indo-Adizero SZ 52 and 54 where identical - the body width was about one inch difference between the two sizes, though.

My initial plan was to pick up a home and road of whatever was made available as soon as possible. But with what I'm seeing and hearing, I'm not sure I even want to do that.

Its really sad. I've always felt the Edge jerseys were a major step back, though the 2.0s have grown on me. But these Adidas seem to be another massive step in the wrong direction.